My first weight loss try

Options

Replies

• jsugihara86
    jsugihara86 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! You've already taken a very important step!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome

This site is an amazing place, you will find friends, inspiration, hope and I am sure success. Here on MFP the focus is on health and fitness as well as weight loss so you will learn a lot about healthy eating and excercise along with how to count calories and work out portion size.

The people on here have a huge store of knowledge, advice, recipes and tips that will help you so much on your journey and they are always happy to share don't be afraid to ask you will always find someone to help.

Best of luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    This may sound weird, but look into a mirror each day or keep a small one by your side. This struggle will be tough. Right out loud at least once a day look into the mirror and say; I love you" to yourself and "I am worth it"! 75% of this life change will be a mental one. Our biggest obstacle is ourselves. No matter what happens in life you decide the outcome for yourself. We will always motivate you here but we will also use "tough love" principles of motivation when we need to. You can do this! You will definitely lose weight using MFP but you have to be diligent in what you log and never, ever cheat! Make your diary public so we can help motivate you to log each and everything you eat. Make sure you exercise too. Weight will come off but it doesn't stay off unless you change your metabolism with exercise so your body will burn the calories you consume. Sending you a friend request. Remember. Love yourself and you are worth it!
  • amculver1
    amculver1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kelley663
    kelley663 Posts: 20
    Options
    Welcome Kamilla , you can do it !! I'm a comfort eater also , it isn't easy but I take baby steps. Feel free to add me. MFP is a great tool to use in the journey to a healthy mind and body. So much great support here , there are many us that are struggling with , you took the first step in deciding to lose it and everyone here is here for support , Great job on deciding to get healthy body , moind and sole :)
  • anewme1202
    anewme1202 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I echo the sentiments of everyone else - you've taken the most important step in joining and being ready to do something. We're all here to support you along this long and tough road. Baby steps and you'll get there!
  • Presley0381
    Options
    Welcome Kamilla!! :flowerforyou: I would love to be friends and go on this journey with you. I have quite a bit of weight to lose too and the last couple of days have been just completely amazing because of this site!! :wink:
  • FloraSin
    FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Just throwing out the same sentiments as everyone else here, but good luck and this is a great place to get yourself going. Remember not to cut down too quickly, it'll freak your body out. and that's never good.

Feel free to add me and like everyone else, I look forward to cheering on your results!
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Remember that you can do this. Feel free to add, this site is wonderful and great for support.
  • jadashute08
    jadashute08 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi Kamilla I dont even know you but I am proud of you for taking this first step. Like everyone has said this is going to be long and hard but well worth it! I had over 200lbs to lose and I have lost 1/3 of my weight so far. We can go on this journey together!!! I will send you a friend request.
  • 281rocky
    281rocky Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi I am 77 years old and feel like this is my first time to get serious in over 10 years or more. I tried going to OA and the nearest group was a 50 mile trip and I just didn't have the motivation to drive so far for an hour of support. My granddaughter told me about myfitnesspal and I got excited for the first time and so far 5 days and I am keeping a diary and my blood sugar more stable than it has been for a long time. It is rather strange to me that I live in a small town and I feel like the bigest person . I am so glad you are on your pathe for success andif I can give you support it will help me I am sure, By the way I started at 302 and Monday I will have my first weigh-in. wish me luck. :happy: :.
  • littlemermaid1048
    Options
    Hi Kamila. Be so proud of you of yourself for deciding to change your lifestyle to become a healthier you! The road is bumpy and many times "it hurts" but it's worth it! Keep your doctors informed too and follow their advices. Feel free to add me as your friend.
  • cyndist
    cyndist Posts: 43
    Options
    This may sound weird, but look into a mirror each day or keep a small one by your side. This struggle will be tough. Right out loud at least once a day look into the mirror and say; I love you" to yourself and "I am worth it"! 75% of this life change will be a mental one. Our biggest obstacle is ourselves. No matter what happens in life you decide the outcome for yourself. We will always motivate you here but we will also use "tough love" principles of motivation when we need to. You can do this! You will definitely lose weight using MFP but you have to be diligent in what you log and never, ever cheat! Make your diary public so we can help motivate you to log each and everything you eat. Make sure you exercise too. Weight will come off but it doesn't stay off unless you change your metabolism with exercise so your body will burn the calories you consume. Sending you a friend request. Remember. Love yourself and you are worth it!

Just have to say very encouraging words here! I like the idea of the mirror and stating you are worth it also believe in yourself.
  • bethhyg
    bethhyg Posts: 209
    Options
    You are on the right path. Feel free to add me as your friend. You will find MFP (my fitness pals) to be very encouraging. Good luck and welcome
  • mikda999
    mikda999 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'll add you. This place is a great. I've made some good friends. This place is awesome! Good luck!
  • paulsmisses
    paulsmisses Posts: 178
    Options
    i am the same as you - a slow starter! out on a lot of weight when pregnant with my two kids and still use the excuse its baby weight (even though youngest is nearly four!) after years moaning about it - its time to take action! hope we can be mfp friends x
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    We are all on different journeys in life and that's why we are here at MFP! Feel free to add me. I love new and supportive friends.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Good luck Kamilla!
  • magsue
    magsue Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend i am new to all this too gonna be a struggle but we can all help each other good luck !!
  • Simmie69
    Simmie69 Posts: 72
    Options
    Welcome Kamilla,
    MFP is awesome! I wish you all the best in your journey.
    Please feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.

Sim