Single ladies (single girls AND girls in relationships).

Options

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'm the anti-girl.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i never look at many things for weddings, i have looked at ethical origin engagement rings online.
    most of my friends are engaged right now, we have talked about it before (been together almost 3 yrs) but have not really made any decisions on when or what type of wedding it would be.
    i have friends that go crazy over wedding dress shopping but that was never my thing.
    i have 3 weddings to go to in the next few months lol, maybe by the end of those i will have the wedding fever lol
  • jucciifruit
    jucciifruit Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I do not get wedding fever. Im about to be 24 next month. I never look at wedding stuff or rings or anything. I just dont like planning and how everything gets blown out of proportion like the wedding makes the marriage. Eloping and having party after with friends and family is way more appealing to me and chillin the beach wit my hubby sounds even better. Im not really into the dress, the colors the seating or any of that. Does that mean im a guy lol just kidding :happy:
  • okiegal82
    okiegal82 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love love love looking at wedding dresses. I love the show Say Yes to the Dress. I like to have an idea before I get to that part of my life. Even though I'm not even close to getting married!
  • natashamcn
    natashamcn Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Weirdly I haven't thought about any of this hardly at all. Many of my girl friends have theirs all planned though :P
  • Yolanda_85
    Yolanda_85 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I have been together 3 going on 4 years. We've talked about marriage. He says he's against it talking all big (with a huge grin on his face) when we are with our married friends, but talking in private, HE has brought it up and said it's a good possibility in the future. I love to look at the magazines with the dresses and rings and cakes. BUT I have made it clear to him that if he ever proposes with a diamond, I will say no. I would love an opal (my birthstone) set in white gold, or any other gemstone that he thinks would look good on me. As far as the actual wedding, I don't want a huge ceremony. I wouldn't care about a ceremony at all if it weren't for the fact that it would kill my parents to not see me get married, and I want my dad to give me away. That being said, I would love for it to be outside with a J.O.P-Matt and I aren't exactly religious. My dress will be a simple sundress that I can wear again any time, or even a pair of jeans and a nice shirt. Why spend a fortune on some big fancy gown that will only be worn once and then hung in a closet in hopes for a daughter who will be the same size as you when she gets married??? I want Daddy to walk me down the aisle to Tim McGraw's "My Little Girl". The opal or gemstone engagement ring and the song are the only two things I want. The rest I could care less about. My mother could make the cake and as far as dinner goes, who doesn't love hotdogs and hamburgers on the grill with corn on the cob????
  • DangerDiv
    DangerDiv Posts: 62
    Options
    ugh, oh god, i NEVER do that. honestly, i think weddings are terribly boring. i hate hearing about them at all. like when i find "the one" or whatever, i want to skip the wedding altogether and just straight move in together and everything. like I don't even want to go to the courthouse to sign any effing papers.

i like planning vacations that are never gonna happen, though. that's my fantasy thing. I go and find the bikinis, the beaches, the plane tickets, the bags, the flight, the resort, EVERYTHING... and then I don't do any of it, 'cos I have to study and am a broke student.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    I've ended 2 engagements. I don't want to get married so, no, I don't ever find myself planning a wedding. If I were ever to get married, someone would have sneak up on me and probably get me drunk first. I don't even think about that stuff.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't care for weddings.
  • twiztid_princess
    Options
    i only do, when the guy i'm with starts talking about marriage... then its rings, and honeymoon spot... But i do watch wedding shows on TLC all the time
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Beyond catching a few episodes of Say Yes to the Dress, I can't say that I've ever really looked at wedding stuff. I'm single though, so I still have a long time before I'll be thinking about getting married.
  • pinkhu13
    pinkhu13 Posts: 133
    Options
    Nope. I don't want a wedding. In my head it's like why in the heck would I shell out ungodly amounts of money on a day for me and my "husband" (I'm single lol)? I'd rather just spen a little on a reception and most on a honeymoon.
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have never looked at wedding stuff before.
    And i have been engadged for 2 years.
    And im not bothered about actually tying the not any time soon.
    But i dont plan to send out invitations, i'l just text people..
    And were not having that posh wedding food.. Im thinking a kebab and kfc vendor!!
    The only bit i really care about is the dress and my hair n make-up..
    The rest of it could be in a muddy field for all i care.. ALthough i would prefer it to be inside..
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I don't think about the wedding nearly as much as I think about the man.

I'd be lying if I said it doesn't matter to me at all. I know it's a day I'll remember for the rest of my life, so I do want it to be special. But special to me means sharing it with the people who mean the most to me. It does not mean spending tens of thousands of dollars, driving everyone nuts for a year and a half over minute details, and being surrounded by hundreds of people I barely know. I don't get super excited about dresses and rings and flowers and cakes. In fact, when I was maid of honor for my sister and we went to pick out her dress, she got mad at me because I wasn't ooohing and ahhhing over every dress she tried on. Sorry, it's just not my thing.
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    Nope, I'm the anti-girl.

same! i know my boy friend would like to get married, but i don't see the point.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    still do and i have been married for awile now:flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'm the anti-girl.

same! i know my boy friend would like to get married, but i don't see the point.

Yea, my bf talks about it a lot. He's a big romantic and likes to talk about the future. I like to focus on now.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I've never thought about it before, but now that you mention it I never have given a thought to what my hypothetical wedding might be like. Of course, my partner and I are incredibly lucky to live in a state where it's even an option.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I did when I was in a relationship once where we talked about getting married. I don't think about it anymore. I'm not sure I'll get married again but if I do I want to plan it with him, not before he comes along.
  • aljohnson2
    Options
    My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 5 years. We've been talking about marriage for the last 2 years. So of course, I look at ideas for wedding venues, wedding dresses, colors, rings, etc. That way, when it does happen I have an idea of where to start and what I want.