I blew it! So mad at myself

Options
Oh man,
I've been working my a** off with diet and exercise. I feel I make good food choices and have learned I have a love for running. Today, I blew it..I had take out chinese chicken and broccoli..ugh!! I know it's one day and I will be back at it tomorrow..When I weighed myself this am I weighed 155 which was good for me..now, I feel guilty like I will gain several pounds. Hate this feeling!

Thanks for the vent.

Replies

• migoi357
    migoi357 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Get up, go to the mirror, and apologize to yourself. Tell yourself thank you for the apology, hug it out, and move on.

Blowing it with yourself should be no different that blowing it with your friends or family. When it happens, you apologize, accept the apology, and move on.

You'll do great tomorrow...it's a slip on the ice, not Dec 21, 2012.
  • maryellen8301
    maryellen8301 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Today was today and tomorrow is another day.. you are doing a great job so far just get back on it tomorrow.. sometimes i have to have a "bad day" .. you will be fine
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    probably didnt gain weight and if you did its from the water retention...doesnt sound like you did bad at all...instead of blowing the rest of your day move forward with healthy choices and start chugging water.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Get up, go to the mirror, and apologize to yourself. Tell yourself thank you for the apology, hug it out, and move on.

Blowing it with yourself should be no different that blowing it with your friends or family. When it happens, you apologize, accept the apology, and move on.

^^great post :)
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    one day is not going to "blow it" how ever water retention is a *****:bigsmile:
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    In the past, did one healthy meal make up for a bad week? If not, then don't beat yourself up about one bad meal ruining a good week.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Baaaah. Unless you ate 3500 calories over maintenance, you aren't gaining anything lasting.
    And aren't the and brocolli's some of the least bad foods you can order at a chinese restaurant? ;)
  • annahiven
    annahiven Posts: 185
    Options
    I kinda disagree... Why not just take it on the nose and pay the price?

Figure out the calories of what you ate, divide it by seven days, and make sure to hold back that amount of calories in the next week to make up for it.

When I over eat, I always pay the price. That makes it easier to avoid doing it again... I know the hell of trying to burn it off!
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Great posts. If anything, your sodium probably shot up some. Meh.

I mean really, if you can't enjoy a single Chinese meal once in a while, what's the darn point.

Keep charging forward!
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Recognize, aknowledge and then press on. One chinese buffet isn't blowing it. Minor setback perhaps, but you aren't going to put on 10 pds from one meal. Tomorrow is another day.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Chicken and broccoli is probably not the worst thing you could have "blown it" on... Just accept it as a "treat" to yourself and move on.. don't beat yourself up, that begets bad habits.
  • viser_haut
    viser_haut Posts: 97 Member
    Options

Haha, love that!

But seriously, just get back on the horse! I wouldn't weigh tomorrow, there's a lot of sodium in chinese takeaway meals so it's best to wait a while... but other than that tomorrow's a new day, just get back on track, there's no way you will have gained a couple of pounds, your meal would have had to have 7,000 calories+ to make you gain even 2 pounds. :flowerforyou:
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way when i do that but then the next day I'm over it. You won't gain any weight. Chicken and broccoli isn't that bad.
    Just get back on track tomorrow and you will feel good again.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Oh man,
    I've been working my a** off with diet and exercise. I feel I make good food choices and have learned I have a love for running. Today, I blew it..I had take out chinese chicken and broccoli..ugh!! I know it's one day and I will be back at it tomorrow..When I weighed myself this am I weighed 155 which was good for me..now, I feel guilty like I will gain several pounds. Hate this feeling!

Thanks for the vent.

Chicken and broccoli -- that doesn't sound too bad, apart from the sodium. Take a walk. Do some jumping jacks. Tomorrow is another day, to coin a phrase.
  • larffy
    larffy Posts: 11
    Options
    I know that feeling!

The most important thing is to get up tomorrow and continue your regular routine like if it never happened. I used to get discouraged and say "well I messed up so my diet is ruined" and I would quit. Now I know how important it is to recognize that it will happen sometimes and we just have to move past it and keep trying.
  • jfaure23
    jfaure23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You needed it, otherwise you wouldn't have done it. You are in control of this. Sleep easy and get ready for another day!
  • rjo921
    rjo921 Posts: 130
    Options
    You did not blow it....and do not be mad at yourself. You have worked hard and have made good choices.....so you didn't today. Tomorrow is another day...:smile:
  • smithhm12
    smithhm12 Posts: 23
    Options
    I have found that the more I dwell on a "bad day," it makes it even harder for me to move on the next day. I get stuck in a funk of I already ruined it this week so i might as well just wait and start all over next week. I know that sounds messed up but honestly that is how I thought for the longest time. I have now started telling myself that it is not a bad day, it just wasn't a great day. If I were to not eat any of the "bad stuff," then once I get off of dieting and face all of this food head on, I am just going to gain it back all over again. Just go with it and don't be too hard on yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Oh man,

Thanks for the vent.
    Why is Chinese chicken and broccoli "bad?" It's protein and veggies.

You can feel bad if you want to but you didn't do anything wrong.
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You didn't really blow it too bad! Chicken and broccoli is one food weight watchers recommends when eating chinese food! Just begin again tomorrow and you'll be fine! That's actually lower in calories than General Tso's chicken or something like that! Good luck to you!