what underwear do you wear when you go running.

Options
13»

Replies

• kris523sydney
    Options
    None ever.
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    compression shorts and/ or body glide
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Commando and Bodyglide! :)
    I used to run in special running panties and then I got chaffed -- someone suggested the commando approach and although I turn my nose up at it, I have never had a chaffing issue since then ... including the hottest day, the biggest rainstorm, and the biggest snowstorm! Im hooked!
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    Same.
    Non-running I tend to wear thongs, I find them comfortable. Since I find them so comfortable, I wear them when I run. I very rarely have an issue with them.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    yeah i always do just the built in undies in running shorts, and use my old cross country uniform shorts
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I just wear my normal cotton bikini undies. Never had a problem.

Same here!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    A thong :bigsmile:
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    None works best for me.
  • Rick_SH
    Rick_SH Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Compression shorts that extend down my thigh about 3/4 of the way is how I roll. But now thanks to all of you, at my next marathon, I will be wondering who is running sans panties and boxers. I just might PR. lol..
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Short compression when it is warm, full length compression when it is cold. Then regular running shorts with the built in undies ontop of either.
  • mjuszczec
    mjuszczec Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is for the OP.

Oops. Sorry. My bad.

Sorry, I forgot to quote your response to my advice.
  • mjuszczec
    mjuszczec Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    "ya know, I wasn't designed for this"

Err millions of years of freeballing disagree =P

I agree. But in millions of years we've changed when/how/how much we run and on what surfaces.

Plus, my buddy didn't freeball at all. Maybe if he did, and did it all the time, everything would have been conditioned to provide support with no pain.

This is all strictly anecdotal. FWIW, mine hurt if I do jump squats without a jock.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I wear a thong any time I work out. I can't wear anything else. You could also get running shorts with undies built in, that might make things easier, but I've never tried them.
  • Thad81
    Thad81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    commando is the only way to go in my opinion
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    I wear compression panties yeah buddy!
  • skittles8810
    Options
    hmm NONE.. my skin .. i hate undies... makes it worse when running, walking, biking, i hate WEDGIES! :laugh:
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I wear the kind that go up my butt and then I have to check if any cars are coming to pull them out.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Tried commando, my lady biz kept thinking it was "go time". Such a distraction. Cotton bikinis work for me.
    Wait...what?:noway: