Deleting people how long

Options
mojox2003
mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
Was wondering how long people wait to take someone off there freinds list, I need people on mine that are going to help with motivating me so if there not there they cant.

How long would you wait?

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    About a week, if there's no explanation.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I don't mind having friends, but I don't need motivation or support to lose weight. Therefore, I think friends are just an extension to communicate your progress and talk about weight loss/fitness stuff.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    If someone hasn't logged in for over 10 or 11 months, I'll delete them.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I delete them after 15 days.
  • SoliQ
    SoliQ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    1 week they need the motivation like I do so I need to make room for motivated and committed people.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I wait a month. Sometimes things come up and people just cant log in so I usually dont delete people unless they have not posted in more than a month.
  • Cullenbraille
    Cullenbraille Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I don't know why, but I wait 3 months
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Was wondering how long people wait to take someone off there freinds list, I need people on mine that are going to help with motivating me so if there not there they cant.

How long would you wait?

If they do not interract, even after I have continually commented on their profile, I delete them. Why the hell should I make all the effort, motivation and encouragement should be a two-way thing not all one way.

I am careful about deleting them if they have not logged on for a while, they may be on holiday (two week holidays are very common in the UK) and so not be using the internet when they are away. I would wait around a month.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    It really depends. First I would get the publics opinion and take a vote.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    2 weeks, unless they stated they are on vacation, sick, etc.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I say about 3 weeks to a month. You never know what someone has going on in their life and what if they came back to get back on track and all their friends are gone? That would make me feel crappy.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I give them a week usually.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    I have one right now that is over 3 months. Not sure why I keep her.... Oh yes I do it's my daughter...Please come back to momma honey! :sad:
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what you just said.

LMAO, I had to re-read the post numerous times, myself!
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    It really depends. First I would get the publics opinion and take a vote.

Lol
  • lolly3max
    lolly3max Posts: 28
    Options
    What's the difference it's hardly going to make you lose your motivation?? And how can you tell this??
  • jenbooks
    jenbooks Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    *shrug*

If they aren't posting/logging in, they're not clogging up my newsfeed. Unless mfp has a limit on how many friends you can have, I don't see the point in worrying about someone else's commitment.

I've only deleted one person, and that's just because we weren't a good personality match.

ETA: And frankly, if you've got so many "friends" that you're hitting a hard limit on the database, how can you possibly be supportive of *them*, let alone expecting them to support you.

You=whoever, not necessarily the OP. No idea how many friends the OP has.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I don't mind having friends, but I don't need motivation or support to lose weight. Therefore, I think friends are just an extension to communicate your progress and talk about weight loss/fitness stuff.

This. Though, I LOVE having my friends...people to talk about my workouts or commiserate on the state of my life at whatever point.

But I don't NEED them to lose weight, or maintain weight, or whatever my goal happens to be at the time.

I need them cause they're awesome =D.

So the point is, I don't delete inactive people unless I run out of room on my friends list to add others who've invited me. If they're inactive...how is it hurting you?
  • ssforcey
    ssforcey Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what you just said.

That