Does anyone fall victim to the 8:30pm craves?

Options
Bdde
Bdde Posts: 133 Member
Does anyone fall victim to the 8:30pm craves? Every night just around this same time i get "hungry". I'm not really hungry i just want to eat something! I always make stupid choices like cereal or a bowl of ice cream. Does anyone have healthy ( low-sugar/carb) alternatives? HELP!

Replies

• cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat!
    I have a low fat hot chocolate, about 40 cals or so to hit that craving on the head, other times I have a Skinny Cow ice cream
  • gendoll
    gendoll Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I find myself hungry around the same time and I usually opt for popcorn. I buy the 100 calorie bags from Pop Secret. I get a snack and it doesn't kill my diet but I also try to leave 100-200 calories so that I can have a snack before bed.
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    I have low fat greek yoghurt with frozen blueberries and a tbsp of granola as a snack at night.
  • rhythmicveggie
    Options
    I'm a victim too. I'm like you though; I usually have a bowl of frozen yogurt, or a glass of chocolate milk (which is pretty filling for me). The chocolate milk I buy is about 170 calories for a glass, give or take, and the frozen yogurt is 90 cal for half a cup. Some frozen yogurt isn't really all that bad if you have a craving. It could make a good replacement for your ice cream if you wanted to try that. Some brands are better than others, and are almost identical to real ice cream in taste/texture...some are kind of lame. I had to try a few before I found one I loved.

I anticipate the 8:30pm hunger and always leave a bit of room to have something in the evening.

I'm not the best role model, haha. I should probably have an apple or something. That's what I do during the day.
  • DawnM62
    DawnM62 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I always try to leave myself at least 100 calories for a late snack did you know a kiwi fruit has only 46 calories
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have low fat greek yoghurt with frozen blueberries and a tbsp of granola as a snack at night.
    This is similar to my after dinner snack - 1/2 cup greek yogurt with fresh berries and a drizzle of honey. It's just sweet enough to pass for a sweet treat.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I like a tablespoon of peanut butter or chocolate peanut butter or I like cereal. I usually eat the cereal dry or follow it with water to keep the calories lower.
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    Same thing here...I opt for a high protein hot chocolate ( 85 calories) or cup of decalf coffee if I don't have any calories left to use. Most of my life my family were the type to sit in front of the TV after dinner with a bowl of ice cream,,,,hince being over weight!
  • Ruthaw1961
    Ruthaw1961 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    1/2 Cottage Cheese
    3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1Tbs Cocoa
    1Tbs natural peanut butter
    Stevia to taste

Blend all together and freeze about 2 hrs. Yummy protein filled "ice cream"!
  • brazillover
    brazillover Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Try a Source non-fat yogurt. Only 35 calories and really helps curb hunger!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I let myself have one indulgent treat. And at that time.

Jello sugar free chocolate pudding. But instead of a just spoon, I use a spoon with peanut butter on it.

Makes me feel very indulgent. But doesn't undo the day.
  • bcw660816
    bcw660816 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I do something extremely simple - brush my teeth. If you're having cravings, don't wait until bedtime. Sounds silly, but it works for me. :tongue:
  • Bdde
    Options
    1/2 Cottage Cheese
    3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1Tbs Cocoa
    1Tbs natural peanut butter
    Stevia to taste

Blend all together and freeze about 2 hrs. Yummy protein filled "ice cream"!

Wow very creative my friend! i will try this!
  • Bdde
    Options
    I do something extremely simple - brush my teeth. If you're having cravings, don't wait until bedtime. Sounds silly, but it works for me. :tongue:

I have tried this and it does work! I will go back to that!
  • rcates2424
    rcates2424 Posts: 208
    Options
    I use that time to do cardio, by the time i am done I am tired and forgot about my cravings, just a protein shake and off to bed.
  • Bdde
    Options
    I use that time to do cardio, by the time i am done I am tired and forgot about my cravings, just a protein shake and off to bed.

For some reason I think working out would make me hungry and then i would want a whole meal.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Yeah, sometimes my 8:00 snack isn't enough. The worse thing you could do is eat cereal or ice cream.

Seriously, don't do it.

Also, ignore my diary.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I eat......lol
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I don't get to eat dinner until 87:30 or 9 - but sometimes I can't wait and get the snackies at 7 or so and then my dinner ends up being my "snack" and puts me over! Stupid night time!!!
  • spudman1232
    Options
    bump