• kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    bump
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    OMG I'm still confused!

Entered information: 32 year old female, 61 inches tall, weighing 130 pounds.
    From the information that you entered, you'd like to weigh 120 lbs. (26%BF)

BF 31.3%
    BMR 1357 Harris-Benedict Formula
    BMR 1244 Katch-McArdle Forumla

Calories to eat
    Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 1805
    or
    Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 2035

I have a desk job and usually walk for 45 minutes at lunch (3-5 x/week) burning around 150- 200 calories and I also walk or bike at home and sometimes go to the gym as well. I assume that this would make me moderately active but I don't see myself eating 2000 cals a day, that seems like a lot of food to me.

I'm confused about the eating vs. not eating workout calories back too. I must be dense. I only eat them back if my MFP calories don't reach the calorie goal (2000) when the exercise is deducted? or is if that I didn't reach the 2000 without the calories being deducted?

HELP!!! I've been stuck at 130 for a couple weeks after losing a little over a 1lb a week since mid January and am trying to figure out why. MFP has been set at 1200 cal and I always eat back my workout calories.

May a PM from someone would help or I'll just check back again when I come back from this walk I'm about to do..lol

I'm not usually this dense...promise! :embarassed:
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    OMG I'm still confused!

Entered information: 32 year old female, 61 inches tall, weighing 130 pounds.
    From the information that you entered, you'd like to weigh 120 lbs. (26%BF)

BF 31.3%
    BMR 1357 Harris-Benedict Formula
    BMR 1244 Katch-McArdle Forumla

Calories to eat
    Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 1805
    or
    Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 2035

I have a desk job and usually walk for 45 minutes at lunch (3-5 x/week) burning around 150- 200 calories and I also walk or bike at home and sometimes go to the gym as well. I assume that this would make me moderately active but I don't see myself eating 2000 cals a day, that seems like a lot of food to me.

I'm confused about the eating vs. not eating workout calories back too. I must be dense. I only eat them back if my MFP calories don't reach the calorie goal (2000) when the exercise is deducted? or is if that I didn't reach the 2000 without the calories being deducted?

HELP!!! I've been stuck at 130 for a couple weeks after losing a little over a 1lb a week since mid January and am trying to figure out why. MFP has been set at 1200 cal and I always eat back my workout calories.

May a PM from someone would help or I'll just check back again when I come back from this walk I'm about to do..lol

Mod Active sounds like correct assessment.

2000 sounds high compared to what you are eating now. How about previous to dieting, anything even to compare to? Most have no idea. The mere act of logging food caused changes to diet.

And since that 2000 includes the exercise, you don't feed it seperately when it happens, you just eat that everyday, and stick to your 3-5 days a week of exercise.

The MFP method would be similar, except they do NOT include any exercise in calorie calc's or goals, until you do them. So they made a deficit already without exercise, you eat it back to keep that same safe deficit.

So in this case, you set Goal custom to 2000, and don't eat back any exercise credits if you even log them now.
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Thank you!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    OMG I'm still confused!

Mod Active sounds like correct assessment.

2000 sounds high compared to what you are eating now. How about previous to dieting, anything even to compare to? Most have no idea. The mere act of logging food caused changes to diet.

And since that 2000 includes the exercise, you don't feed it seperately when it happens, you just eat that everyday, and stick to your 3-5 days a week of exercise.

The MFP method would be similar, except they do NOT include any exercise in calorie calc's or goals, until you do them. So they made a deficit already without exercise, you eat it back to keep that same safe deficit.

So in this case, you set Goal custom to 2000, and don't eat back any exercise credits if you even log them now.

Ok, so I've set my calories to 1900 (in between lightly and moderatly active) and I'll try my best to reach that number without eating back my workout cals and hopefully I'll see something in the next few weeks. If not....shoot me! lol

Thanks for the help! :)
  • Jackieb301
    Jackieb301 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    bump
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later.
  • thefaceman25
    thefaceman25 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ive done exactly as stated in the original post and it has added 1000 cals to my daily allowance. Ill be giving this a go
  • shesapear
    shesapear Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am not sure exactly how this program puts it but I was reading around on the forum and found a group called eat more to lose weight and I raised my calories based on those cals (I think the information was from the New Rules of Lifting for Women) and I have seen results just with bumping my cals up. I went from 1200 to 1600. This Fat 2 Fit states I should eat about 1705.

I also had a Bod Pod body fat testing done. I entered my measurements into the calculator using the Military Body Fat Calculator and my results were pretty similar to the output I received. However the Bailey Body Fat test was different by 5%.

Not telling anyone what to do or believe just sharing my experience.
  • kazala
    kazala Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read later. Anything that tells me to eat more has got my attention :D
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    thanks for this topic! it has been super informative.
    I did the calculators on Fat2Fit and got 1414 as my BMR.
    Add in moderate activity, I get 2083. What?!
    I doubt I will eat that much but I will up my calorie intake. MFP has me at 1200 and I am constantly famished.
    I'm starting c25k next week and started weight training so more calories are needed
  • chasingbabes
    Options
    bump
  • lida11
    lida11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Bumping for future reading and digest, I hope there is extra calories in it so I can reach my correct figures. :-)