What are the positives (in the gym)?

Options
Totally a time consuming random type thread, but I've seen several threads and posts about the things that bother people when they're at the gym.

What are the things you like or LOVE about being in the gym?

I'll go...I love lifting to fatigue, watching the cal counter go up when doing cardio....and yoga pants :love: . I know that's very creeper like, but yoga pants are part of the reason I'm in good shape! lol!

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Yoga pants and sports bras
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    that moment when i pack up my stuff and walk out the door and away from that awful torture chamber of fitness and doom
  • FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options
    This is a little rude on my end, but...

I love it when the little highschool girls come creep on my machine and try to out-do the fat girl. They go a million RPM a minute and leave pissed off and out of breath within five minutes-- and I'm still going strong at level 17-20.

It's called the resistance button-- use it, chikas.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Knowing that after I sweat my life out on the treadmill/stairmaster/weights/yoga studio I get to lay down in the wonderful amazingness that is the steam room.
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Seeing other motivated people work out.
    The feeling I have when I've completed a hard workout
    If I have a question there is usually someone there I can ask.
  • brentrhodes
    brentrhodes Posts: 139
    Options
    Seeing other motivated people work out.

This should be on my list too. There are several people at my gym that have made life changing transformations since I've known them. Really really cool seeing people working towards their goals.
  • bugsymalone521
    Options
    1. The time I'm taking for myself.
    2. Learning a new workout or a way to improve.
    3. Breaking a personal best record.

I can't wait to go tonight. Been off for a week trying to rest an injury.
  • brentrhodes
    brentrhodes Posts: 139
    Options
    that moment when i pack up my stuff and walk out the door and away from that awful torture chamber of fitness and doom

LOL!

Some days I can completely agree
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    1. The energy because you know everyone there has beat the odds just by getting up and going...
    2. The sweat that pours off me knowing that I have kicked some Cardio butt
    3. Seeing hands-on progress of people that faithfully come
    4. When I do an exercise I promise in the mirror I feel smaller....lol
    5. Since being on the wall of progress....Love when people come up and ask is that me...It gets me all bubbly inside to talk about it and pass on the excitement for this lifestyle to encourage someone else hands on......

I LOVE THE GYM!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Watching them calories burn and planning/dreaming how I'm going to eat them. :)

I love bicycle rides. I did 41 miles in the cold rain yesterday, mostly to train for the Trek Across Maine, but also because I knew the three hours it took would buy me 3,000 delicious calories. I never did manage to eat all of them.

Earned exercise calories taste the BEST!!!!
  • dannytheman
    Options
    I've never been in one. Guess I miss out.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    1. I love seeing people really focus and workout
    2. I love seeing how the women are lifting heavier than then men sometimes
    3. and I love seeing muscles lol...Yea but I am not a creeper at all, I am sure of that :flowerforyou:
  • FitBlitz
    Options
    I've never been in one. Guess I miss out.

Yeah... maybe, but you have a sweet bike to make up for it. lol *Jealous*
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    When I'm in the gym, I am stress free! As I'm lifting and pressing, I think to myself, " IT'S ME AGAINST MYSELF"

challenge-1-1.jpg
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I love watching all the other guys weight lifting. It motivates me to do more and to want to lift heavier.

Spending time with my hubs at the gym and having him there to spot me. We are completely focused when we are there but sometimes its nice to look across the weight room and smile at each other. :blushing:

Seeing women that are super fit and cut from lifting. They motivate me to want to work harder.
  • FitBlitz
    Options
    When I'm in the gym, I am stress free! As I'm lifting and pressing, I think to myself, " IT'S ME AGAINST MYSELF"

Weeeeelp, just found my new inspiration for lifting. <3
  • MsQt
    Options
    1. I love seeing people really focus and workout
    2. I love seeing how the women are lifting heavier than then men sometimes
    3. and I love seeing muscles lol...Yea but I am not a creeper at all, I am sure of that :flowerforyou:

Me too! Watching other people lift more makes my weights no so heavy :laugh:
  • MsQt
    Options

Weeeeelp, just found my new inspiration for lifting. <3

Awesome:happy: :wink:
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    the clothes, for sure. and sneakers to match, and a bandana. and a cool water bottle. and a gym bag ...

it's all good !!!
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Im a lady with a bf and straight, but im going to have to say yoga pants too! When a really fit girl is confidently wearing them and a cuts shirt, i think to myself: Damn she looks good, someday that will be me!

I also love that the gym gets me out of the house and that if i drive all the way there, now I have to work out... No escape! Lol