snack suggestions for end of day please

Options

Replies

• Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I haven't made the best choices myself lately, but I actually do know some good treats. If you are craving something salty, get a little peanut butter (I use PB2 because it's WAY less calories) with some celery. If you are craving sweets, a piece of fruit or a sweet protein shake are great. A yogurt with granolla and berries is also a good choice. Depending on how many calories you have, once in a while having a 100 calorie heathy choice chocolate ice cream bar is ok too. I need to take this advice myself and stop eating the stuff I know is lousy!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    A bowl of special K cereal with skim milk is great for my evening cravings. Or a protein shake. Or a handful of nuts (mmm, dark chocolate cocoa roasted almonds are fantastic!)
  • frazzled44
    Options
    THANK YOU!!
  • frazzled44
    Options
    Thank you!!! My first day I will have 100 calories left, 10g of protein , 22 g of carbs and I think 10g of fat. I seem to always need protein but not the carbs and calories. Thanks for your suggestions!!
  • Melindaleigh12
    Options
    If I have 100 cal to spare at the end of the night I sometimes have a Greek yogurt and honey smoothie bar, made by pc blue menu. It's delicous and creamy and hits the spot for only 100 cal!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter
  • JMM_623_
    JMM_623_ Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm eating a bowl of oatmeal :) With some water, it's going to fill me up :)
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    have a few almonds, or an orange!
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Sugar free pudding.
  • frazzled44
    Options
    THANKS so much for all the suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile:
  • HolyHibachi
    HolyHibachi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Frozen Simply Go-gurt, brah.
  • dlhenry511
    Options
    My go to snacks are yogurt or a piece of string cheese and fruit.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    popcorn
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    jello
  • AbbyHoopi
    AbbyHoopi Posts: 48
    Options
    Last night I put about 1/4-1/2 a Tbs of PB on a graham cracker.... let me tell you it was heavenly!:) And not a very big splurge on the Cals or anything!!!!:)
  • jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I keep a bag of dark chocolate Dove squares in my refrigerator. I have one most evenings. It's my way of signaling my body that I am done for the day.
  • lms333
    lms333 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Protein Pumpkin Bars by Jamie Eason. That's been my go to afternoon fill. You can get the recipe here. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/docs/2011/pumpkin-protein-bars.pdf

Only 80ish calories per square and they're quite yummy. I make them on Sunday for the week.
  • JessicaHeiser
    Options
    I normally go for a skinny cow ice cream sandwhich, 95% fat free popcorn, or right now my favorite is taking some grape and putting them in the freezer.
  • Kelsbellz
    Kelsbellz Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Almonds or pistachios...those have been working well for me.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    eggs....scrambled, boiled, etc
    half tuna sammie
    low fat frozen yogurt
    piece of cheese
    turkey roll up
    spray butter cinnamon toast