Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Breaking in Doc Martens

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    HAHAHAHAHA. I thought you meant break-dancing in doc martens.......LOL. I was thinking "Old School!"

"Doc Martens 2: Electric Boogaloo"
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Do you have ankle weights? Stick them inside and then throw them at the wall. :happy:
    New Doc Martens are the worst!
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    I miss the 90s. BEST. ERA. EVER.

I have some mary jane Docs that would be comfy to wear, however, the insoles are beat to ****. I need to get em replaced. But they are cute as hell, and they take me back to when I used to be little miss alterna-girl.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Perhaps you could hire one of those guys outside Home Depot to walk around in them for a few days.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    You just have to tough it out.....I have 2 pairs of doc boots, 3 pairs of mary janes, and a pair of wing tips.....I love them all, my newest pair which I got last christmas, are still not broken in....it just takes time.....
  • crise40g
    crise40g Posts: 60 Member
    Mosh pit seems to work.
  • jenniferpowell1980
    jenniferpowell1980 Posts: 68 Member
    I stuff new shoes with as much newspaper as i can, every night, stretches them for you.
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    My fiance is also an avid Doc wearer. Has 10 hole oxbloods which are looking haggard, but he swears they are the most comfy things ever.
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf5mJ7aR2t8

I've used this technique on everything from heels to sneakers to boots to help break them in and stretch them a bit. Works like a charm! For a boot, use a larger (1 gallon) size bag.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf5mJ7aR2t8

I've used this technique on everything from heels to sneakers to boots to help break them in and stretch them a bit. Works like a charm! For a boot, use a larger (1 gallon) size bag.

my 20 eyes won't fit in the freezer... :o\

I just put the boots on, slap on some of that greasy leather wax and do some squats, wear them all day and they are fine.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    LOL! I remember when I got my first pair of docs when I was 14 the store didn't have my size and I got ones that were 2 sizes too big and I had to wear several pairs of socks. Docs were made differently (better) back then and they were hell to break in. But once I did they became very comfy and lasted years.
  • solskinnzombie
    solskinnzombie Posts: 122 Member
    I put bandaids on the backs of my ankles and wore thick socks. they will be the most comfortable pair of shoes you own soon enough :)
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    :noway: Do they even MAKE those things anymore?!

Ahhh....the 90's. :smile:
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,628 Member
    Love my docs...my favies I've had for like 15 years now...I remember when I bought them my grandpa teasing me that I could join the army and save 150 bucks...LOL.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    What's up with all these people talking about the 90s?? In the 70s, Elton John wore a five foot high pair in Tommy . . .

Hmph. Kids these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhg_QIyMxZw
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    i think it took about a month, but i don't really remember.
    once i got a pair, i didn't wear any other shoes for that whole month.
    i was sooooo happeh!!

:laugh: :wink: i do remember cracking up over the text on the sole:

OIL
    FAT
    ACID
    PETROL
    ALKALI
    RESISTANT
  • doyledozo
    doyledozo Posts: 42 Member
    Docs only soften and cooperate under the proper amount of blood, sweat, and tears. Got my first pair of greasy gibsons in 1990. Match them up with a nice Ben Sherman or Fred Perry. Oi!
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,134 Member
    Commit to the Docs
    Be the Docs
    Wear the Docs
    Every day.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    There's a song that comes to mind. But I'll be good and not mention it, because I actually like Docs.

They take as long as they take for break-in.
  • MsMarlaMae
    MsMarlaMae Posts: 144 Member
    Blister Bandaids! Take it from a girl who owns more boots than shoes. Blister Bandaids are the best invention EVER!