Starting 30 Shred tomorrow!

Options
2»

Replies

• Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I have Ripped in 30 which is similar to 30 DS, and in it, she says to do the work out for 5 or 6 days, and to make sure you take at least one rest day. Ripped has 4 levels, so you're supposed to do level 1 for a week, 2 for a week, etc. instead of for 10 days at a time, like 30 DS (which has 3 levels).
  • Gemnildy
    Gemnildy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If you are trying it for the first time, do your best to TRY to learn the moves and try modified versions of everything she does until you are comfortable. You WILL be sore but sore is not a bad thing if you did them correctly, your body will take a little while to acclimate. I was sore for about fhe first 3 days of each level change since different muscle groups were involved but then the pain lessened. I did not "schedule" rest days but inadvertently, I ended up with about 1 day of ret per week just due to normal life activities that prevented me from working out. I was able to psych myself into a 30 day committment to see how it worked.. I am soo glad I did!
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I am currently on Level 2, and I take rest days. Here is my schedule:

Mon-JM 30 DS
    Tues-JM 30 DS

[/quote]

How exactly do you log the 30DS under exercise? Is it considered strength or cardio? and is it already listed on the site because I would have no clue as to how many calories I'll be burning. I haven't seen the video yet so this may have been a stupid question but figured I would ask since so many of you use it.
  • ceeest
    ceeest Posts: 2
    Options
    I've finished day 8!!! Day 9 tomorrow!
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Started 30ds today (again!) my legs are slightly jelly like and couldn't do some of it but give it a few days and hopefully I'll be able for the press ups and squats!
  • pandasmama3
    pandasmama3 Posts: 120
    Options
    I started 30DS last Wednesday and took Sunday off. Tomorrow I will be on day 6 so by next Monday I'll start on level 2, Sunday as my rest day.... It's really a great workout!
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options

I am currently on Level 2, and I take rest days. Here is my schedule:

Mon-JM 30 DS
    Tues-JM 30 DS

[/quote]

How exactly do you log the 30DS under exercise? Is it considered strength or cardio? and is it already listed on the site because I would have no clue as to how many calories I'll be burning. I haven't seen the video yet so this may have been a stupid question but figured I would ask since so many of you use it.
    [/quote]

I log it as Circuit Training, General for 20 minutes.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    This is my 2nd go around with 30 days Shred. I did it last year and really enjoyed it. I agree with everyone else 30DS should not be done consecutively. Your body needs a break, so I did 3 days in row and than rest, than another 3 days.

I started over at level one this past Saturday and it is kicking my butt. I thought I was beyond this workout physically so I purchased Ripped in 30. I see now that I'm may need to stick with 30DS to build up my stamina before attempting RI30. Jillian's workouts are awesome.
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 25 today -- I'm almost done, and I'm definitely seeing some results! I started March 30th and have done it every day except twice due to overfilling my schedule and falling asleep while still intending to do the workout that night, haha! In both cases I doubled up the following day: once in the morning and once in the evening each time. Depending on your fitness level, I think it's totally fine to do it every day. Once I was so mentally tired that I planned to skip it, but even lying in bed at 11pm, I was too wired physically, and I had to get up and do it to help myself sleep! I think doing it every day has been great for me. The routine has helped keep me on track and keep my momentum up.

To answer some other people's questions, I moved up a level every 10 days, and also logged it as 20 minutes of circuit training.

I'm going to miss Jillian next month. I was planning to do Ripped in 30 or 6 Week 6 Pack, but my boyfriend and I have decided to start Insanity on May 1! I'm sure I'll return to Ms. Michaels later this summer, though. :smile:
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the shred with another group and alot of people were doing what was suggested by Jillian Michaels in her podcast. Shred day, Shred day, Cardio day, Shred day, Shred day, Cardio day, Rest day. It takes a little longer, but gives your muscles a break and the cardio is really great for dropping the lbs!

Thanks for posting this! After my 10k this weekend I'm going to drop my running to 2 days a week and this schedule will work perfectly for me!
  • Shyhmim
    Shyhmim Posts: 27
    Options
    Tomorrow is my Day 3 of Level 1. I think its a reallly good workout as i sweat so much more than normal walking/jogging in the park. But yeah, my muscles are hurting slightly so i was wondering the same thing as u are whether rests are nessasary or not. I think i'm going to follow what some people suggest. 2 days JM, 1 day cardio and alternate between them. I'm onnna be staying at level 1 for quite some time coz i cant do the jump and skip continuously without getting seriously breatheless or tired. =)

All the best! i hope you get good resutls!
  • shazbot77
    Options
    Today will be Day 3 of the shred and I think it's an amazing workout in 25 minutes! I get as far as the side lunges with arm raises thinking I'm okay but after the first set of those I start thinking about when it's going to end! They kill me!
  • RebeccaLeinen
    RebeccaLeinen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've completed this one! you should NEVER workout 7 consecutive days in a row...you need at least one rest day... and I added 30 mins of cardio a day... i did the treadmill and i lost 5 inches in my midsection! then i moved on to ripped in 30! by the end of that one i was ready for p90x!... it was AFTER that i found this site...so i didn't get to log all my lbs lost!
  • biggmama64
    Options
    I started 30DS a couple weeks ago, and I had to take 2 days off after the first day. Even though before that I had been doing aerobics and the treadmill. I love it. I also have her Kettleball workout. Now I'm up to doing it 3 days in row, then one day off. I do the kettleball one day. 30ds lvl 1 on day 2 and 30ds lvl 2 on day 3. In 10mins I'm pouring sweat. I love it. I can't wait to see what my measurements are after 30 days!