Detox and cleanses

Options
Has anyone had good results with any detoxes or cleanses? I tried the 14 day acai berry cleanse, and I don't feel like it did much. I've been in a weight loss plateau for almost 2 months, and I'm desperately trying to continue losing. Suggestions??

Replies

• chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Detoxes and cleanses are bull**** and sorcery; you can put them in that order or reverse if you like. You feel like the 14 day acai berry cleanse didn't do much because well, it didn't/

You cannot and do not detoxify or cleanse yourself with what you eatl; you have two internal organs (one of which is a pair) that do this very effectively on their own. Yes you can eat healthy foods for your liver and kidneys but nothing jump starts their process other than just keeping a healthy nutritional profile.

Usually people who report success were more affected by the reduced calorie intake/change in diet, or pure mind ****ery placebo action.

Change up your diet/exercise routine?
  • rcharlee
    rcharlee Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Detoxes and cleanses are bull**** and sorcery; you can put them in that order or reverse if you like. You feel like the 14 day acai berry cleanse didn't do much because well, it didn't/

You cannot and do not detoxify or cleanse yourself with what you eatl; you have two internal organs (one of which is a pair) that do this very effectively on their own. Yes you can eat healthy foods for your liver and kidneys but nothing jump starts their process other than just keeping a healthy nutritional profile.

Usually people who report success were more affected by the reduced calorie intake/change in diet, or pure mind ****ery placebo action.

Change up your diet/exercise routine?

I've changed my diet and exercise routine sadly, and am just not able to get results anymore. I think it's just time to give up.
  • chris1816
    Options
    Well are you unhealthy? or unhappy? or both?

Everyone will hit plataus, but cleanses aren't the answer. It all comes down to calories in/calories out. Your body cannot defy the laws of physics, it has to pull fuel from somehwere.

My advice would just be to stick at it. I'm coming down from 400lbs, I know I will hit plataus and I know I will. But you know what?

Calories in. Calories out.

Cleanses are for hippies and morons.
  • senecajo
    senecajo Posts: 1
    Options
    I tried the Master Cleanse. (Syrup, Cayenne Pepper, Lemons, Water. etc.) and I LOVED it! Totally felt great, I lost 6 lbs in one week. It totally cleanses your body of wanting sugars and fats. Stuff I eat quite frequently.
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I tried the Master Cleanse. (Syrup, Cayenne Pepper, Lemons, Water. etc.) and I LOVED it! Totally felt great, I lost 6 lbs in one week. It totally cleanses your body of wanting sugars and fats. Stuff I eat quite frequently.

To the OP:

Or, instead of drinking satans piss to try to cleanse yourself, you could not eat the above junk and won't have to rid your body of the above junk.

Or, you can be like me and eat some junk every now and then, and let your kidneys and liver do their jobs of cleaning your body of toxins.
  • cntilford
    Options
    Don't give up. Might be time to reassess your goals and where you are currently, but don't give up eating healthy and exercising. You've come too far to give up!
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    try a refeed day change your workout.
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options

To the OP:

Or, instead of drinking satans piss to try to cleanse yourself, you could not eat the above junk and won't have to rid your body of the above junk.

Or, you can be like me and eat some junk every now and then, and let your kidneys and liver do their jobs of cleaning your body of toxins.

"Satan's Piss" !!! HAHAHAHA, love that
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options

6 lbs of fat or muscle? :indifferent:

Seriously those cleanses are whack. Try measuring yourself for awhile, change up your workouts, play with your macros, adjust your calories to maintenance for a couple weeks and then reduce by 250-500 cals....sometimes it's just a matter of finding what works for you.
  • Esme_32
    Esme_32 Posts: 14
    Options
    I did the juice fast for 10 days and after I felt pretty great. The first 3 days were not so fun but after it was a breeze. I lost 7 pounds. This helped a lot: http://www.hungryforchange.tv/detox
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options

Not sure how you attribute those ingredients to losing 6 pounds... Or mabey I wouldn't eat for a week after ingesting that either? who knows?!

Basically you are saying those ingredients burned 21000 calories (3500 x 6)? Must be some good Cayenne pepper (or water weight!)
  • rcharlee
    Options
    I'd consider myself healthy. I eat a balanced diet, work out daily, play tennis singles competitively once a week, work a physical job part time, and take care of my 10 month old child full time. I'd say I'm happy for the most part too; I am human, and do get down sometimes, but would not consider myself unhappy.

I've tried zig zagging calories within a reasonable amount of my BMR, which is 1480; tried increasing the weight I'm utilizing in strength training; tried working out at different and multiple times a day; increased my fiber intake; increased water consumption from 8 glasses to 12. I feel like I've tried it all, but this plateau won't give!

A cleanse has been my last resort in hopes to help boost my metabolism, but like said before I don't feel like the one I did had much affect.
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options

Someone actualy did this?:noway:
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    Has anyone had good results with any detoxes or cleanses? I tried the 14 day acai berry cleanse, and I don't feel like it did much. I've been in a weight loss plateau for almost 2 months, and I'm desperately trying to continue losing. Suggestions??

If you put your diet public, I'm sure several ppl could give you healthy suggestions.
  • chris1816
    Options

Absolute nonsense.

You lost weight because you fed your body the bare minimum of sugars (carbs) and kept yourself hydrated, but you didn't cleanse anything.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'd consider myself healthy. I eat a balanced diet, work out daily, play tennis singles competitively once a week, work a physical job part time, and take care of my 10 month old child full time. I'd say I'm happy for the most part too; I am human, and do get down sometimes, but would not consider myself unhappy.

I've tried zig zagging calories within a reasonable amount of my BMR, which is 1480; tried increasing the weight I'm utilizing in strength training; tried working out at different and multiple times a day; increased my fiber intake; increased water consumption from 8 glasses to 12. I feel like I've tried it all, but this plateau won't give!

A cleanse has been my last resort in hopes to help boost my metabolism, but like said before I don't feel like the one I did had much affect.

Plateaus are *kitten*. I think the best way to get over one is with patience. Its really easy to think the answer is to do something drastic, but in reality all you need is more time.
  • rcharlee
    Options

Plateaus are *kitten*. I think the best way to get over one is with patience. Its really easy to think the answer is to do something drastic, but in reality all you need is more time.

Do you know how long I need to maintain patience? Come May 2nd, its 2 months of patience, and I'm running thin on it. Is 2 months of a plateau normal?
  • chris1816
    Options
    Are you measuring body fat percentage? Are you changing body composition (losing fat but gaining lean mass). It really is near impossible that for 2 solid months of eating at a caloric deficit that you have not lost a single pound of weight.

Mind making your diary public so we can have a look and maybe give some feedback?
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options

Do you know how long I need to maintain patience? Come May 2nd, its 2 months of patience, and I'm running thin on it. Is 2 months of a plateau normal?

I know its a pain. All i can suggest is to evaluate your energy intake and expenditure to be sure you arent incorrectly estimating something, and be sure the deficit is appropriate for you.
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm Starting one Wednesday by Garden of Life called the Raw detox/Cleanse. I do them every 4 months to clean out the toxins and liver. I ususally drop a couple of pounds but I don't really rely on them for weight loss just for detoxing my body.