Low calorie breakfast ideas

maholmes
maholmes Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
Any ideas on a good low calorie breakfast? I've been eating Quaker's Instant Oats, weight control. I'm burnt out on them!! I'm eating 1200 calories a day and hate to use up to many of them on breakfast.

Replies

• Lowfat yogurt and some fruit is what I eat most days.
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Egg whites with whole wheat toast....
    low cal cereal.. ( they have a million kinds lol)
    hmmm....
  • Deb1971
    Deb1971 Posts: 41 Member
    Egg Whites and Veggies
    Cottage Cheese and Fruit

Sometimes its just leftovers from the night before. I'm not one of those people who only eat "breakfast foods" at breakfast.
  • Nightdust
    Nightdust Posts: 171 Member
    I love Honey Nut Cheerios (1 cup), 1/2% milk (half cup) sugar free pudding and a special k bar.

310 calories altogether!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Nature Valley Trail Mix bars
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    I love Honey Nut Cheerios (1 cup), 1/2% milk (half cup) sugar free pudding and a special k bar.

310 calories altogether!

this is a great idea!! sounds filling
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Jumbo whole grain rice krispies or whole grain cheerios.
    90 and 110 calories w/o whatever milk you choose.
    I use 1/4 cup of 1% with mine and thats only about 30 calories added.

but I also eat a piece of fruit & sometimes a piece of wheat toast with that.
    Bigger breakfasts make for lotsa energy throughout the day, despite making for a near 300 calorie breakfast
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Nature Valley Trail Mix bars

I should have noted that I eat a "puny" breakfast because it's combined with my morning coffee, which is about 160-180 calories of sugar free french vanilla creamer goodness :smooched:
  • Jovialation
    if you want to ween yourself off of creamer try adding some cinnamon to the coffee grounds, ive found it makes black coffee way more satisfying ;)
  • 2 eggo nutri grain blueberry waffles. No syrup, No butter. Just plain. It's about 180 calories.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    I know this sounds backwards, but I used to hate to 'waste' calories at breakfast too. But somehow during this lifestyle change - about the time I started running that all changed.

I run in the evenings or in the mornings, and I've found that I'm ravenous in the morning now! I usually eat about 450 calories at breakfast (but I get to eat about 1600 a day with exercise) and I've found that I'm not hungry at night.

if I eat a good breakfast, and lunch, I don't want a huge dinner!!! That's exactly backwards of the way I've lived all my fat life.

I just don't feel like eating a lot at dinner, so now we're having light healthy dinners, and I like it better that way.

I didn't work towards this, honestly, it just happened. But you might want to think about that.

There is that old saying too: Eat like a King at breakfast, a prince at Lunch, and a pauper at dinner. There is something to that.
  • I like EnerG tapioca bread toasted with a little bit of chive and onion cream cheese. Take that and put an egg sprinkled with garlic powder on it and its delicious!
    :flowerforyou:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    if you want to ween yourself off of creamer try adding some cinnamon to the coffee grounds, ive found it makes black coffee way more satisfying ;)

Or flavored coffee. I weaned myself off creamer altogether.

Still need Splenda though.

I do not eat clean. :tongue:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Breakfast is usually oatmeal or cereal with fruit, sometimes yogurt with some granola and fruit.
  • Jovialation
    yea I still add a bit of sugar to mine (dont do flavored coffees cuz its cheaper to get a huge can of folgers lol)
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    How about Thomas' Whole wheat English muffin (100 cals), egg beaters (30 cals), 2% american cheese (45 cals), and Oscar Meyer ham (45 cals for six slices...I put only one slice). Whole thing comes out to 188 cals and its delicious. Good luck.
  • old fashioned quaker oatmeal w/ fresh blueberries and a little brown sugar! I eat that every morning after my workouts. Also, I love Ezekial cinnamon and raisen bread. Two slices is 150 calories
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    I, too, like the thinking of eating a hearty, protein-rich breakfast (around 400-500 cals, depending) because there's a wider gap between breakfast and lunch than lunch and dinner for me. Starting off the day with a hearty meal has always kept me from mindless snacking.
  • Nightdust
    Nightdust Posts: 171 Member
    It is very filling Jazzy :smile: Keeps me full for a long time!
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Well, you might all gross out but I take a zuchinni and dice it up, pan fry it PAM, add 2 ounes of soyrizo, and then 1/2 cup of egg sub.

It is a big plate of food, low calorie, healthy, and I love the mexican flavor. I put salsa over it. kc
This discussion has been closed.