Deleting people how long

Options

Replies

• xjulesjx
    xjulesjx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i line them up against the wall and bam! they're done, no remorse.

ha haaa xx:laugh:
  • xjulesjx
    xjulesjx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    some funny replies here, I'm crying with laughter.. :laugh:
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I'm here to cut down on calories - not friends. I've enough trouble keeping up with what I'm doing without monitoring how often other people are logging in. You do notice when someone hasn't posted anything on their profile for a while - but I like to think they're just too busy down the gym to be sat online ;-)
  • NicolettetheGreek
    NicolettetheGreek Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have one right now that is over 3 months. Not sure why I keep her.... Oh yes I do it's my daughter...Please come back to momma honey! :sad:

Ha ha ha n..I deleted MY daughter. She didn't post.
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Whether my MFP friends are on here or not doesn't make or break my weight-loss, food, and exercise journey.

I don't delete, and I don't comb through my friends list looking to see who's been online and who has not. Actually, I have better things to do.

Also, I went off of MFP for about 6 months and when I returned, it was great to see I had most of the same friends. If some are missing because they deleted me, I have no idea! This is because they likely didn't stand out in my mind because we weren't connected in any big way.

Everybody's doing this their own way, and I don't qualify how they do it. I also don't see what is wrong with anyone posting "WTG" ...Really? Isn't it enough that someone acknowledges you? What do you need, an essay on how great you're doing?
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Ive only deleted a few people and most were because they deactivated their accounts and had new ones. Otherwise, it doesn't hurt me to have them on my list
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just add and delete. I get power crazy. I also delete any other perv outside of myself. I know one that sends pics of his dink to every girl I know. He needs hair plugs.
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    About 2 hours. If you aren't committed to this journey, and if you're not supportive, you don't deserve to be my friend.
    2 hours... why if I don't get a reply within 2 mins to my messages I purge my list and start anew!

Actually these quotes pretty much sum it up much better than I did!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I know one that sends pics of his dink to every girl I know. He needs hair plugs.
    On his head or around his dink?
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I know one that sends pics of his dink to every girl I know. He needs hair plugs.
    On his head or around his dink?

*snort*
  • stephstar15
    stephstar15 Posts: 125
    Options
    I have no idea what you just said.

Ditto:)
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    If I get no word whatsoever from them within a week, then they're gone. If they dont log in for 30 days, I delete them.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I generally wait until I see a death certificate.
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I generally wait until I see a death certificate.

LOL You're MY kind of friend ;)
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I next to never send out FR's...and I only reject FR's from pervs. Deleting people is easy. If they don't interact or at least say Hi once in awhile...delete.

also if they haven't logged in for 2 weeks. Unless they are on vacation. I'm pretty close with all of my friends...so i know when they're on vacation.

Delete. it's so liberating.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I have stopped deleting people.
    I don't make a lot of comments on people's pages or diaries. But if I see they are down or need encouragement I always chime in. As a result I have had people I really liked and followed just cut me. Honestly it sucks. I know people can use MFP anyway they choose. But friendship - even 'e-friendship' is a two way street. When you accept someone's friendship it seems really one-sided not to consider what you offer them. Only that they aren't cheering you on to your liking?

I was deleted by someone for not interacting on their page enough. This was after I opened up and had a very long private conversation about my divorce and how it impacts my progress. (this person was also going though a break-up). And then boom...deleted. They said it was because we didn't talk enough. And as silly as it sounds I suppose it did hurt my feelings. It was my fault for opening up to a 'stranger'. But I thought they needed it as much as I did. And this...weight loss...getting healthy..is such an emotional thing for many of us its hard to know who to trust. So I would rather be the friend that you know isn't going to delete you and is here as much as YOU need me.
  • JonesJennings
    JonesJennings Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I still don't even know what this is about. If I knew how to post a pic on here, you'd see a bunny with a pancake on his head.

bunny-pancake.jpg

Nice. All we need now is a cat with a lime to complete the party.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have stopped deleting people.
    I don't make a lot of comments on people's pages or diaries. But if I see they are down or need encouragement I always chime in. As a result I have had people I really liked and followed just cut me. Honestly it sucks. I know people can use MFP anyway they choose. But friendship - even 'e-friendship' is a two way street. When you accept someone's friendship it seems really one-sided not to consider what you offer them. Only that they aren't cheering you on to your liking?

I was deleted by someone for not interacting on their page enough. This was after I opened up and had a very long private conversation about my divorce and how it impacts my progress. (this person was also going though a break-up). And then boom...deleted. They said it was because we didn't talk enough. And as silly as it sounds I suppose it did hurt my feelings. It was my fault for opening up to a 'stranger'. But I thought they needed it as much as I did. And this...weight loss...getting healthy..is such an emotional thing for many of us its hard to know who to trust. So I would rather be the friend that you know isn't going to delete you and is here as much as YOU need me.

There have been quite a few people who sent me FRs and then never posted on my page or responded to anything I posted on theirs. A lot of them, the ONLY posts I see are exercise and diary updates and I don't get to know them at all. After a while, I can't even remember if they were random adds or if we ever had any interaction, so I have deleted those people. But if I had a heart-to-heart with someone at some point, I would not delete, even if we hadn't "talked" in a while.

There are a few people on my FL who I know from other Internet places (and some IRL) and they aren't very active, but I "know" them (or know them), so they stay no matter what, too.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I still don't even know what this is about. If I knew how to post a pic on here, you'd see a bunny with a pancake on his head.

bunny-pancake.jpg

Nice. All we need now is a cat with a lime to complete the party.
    You rang?

lime-cat.jpg
  • djhero123
    djhero123 Posts: 20
    Options
    10 days maybe less