What's Your Body Shape?

Options

Replies

• msmindylee
    Options
    I'm an hourglass, but it's a really large hourglass.

Mostly I walk and do crunches right now - at my current weight it's not easy to get too ambitious. But I've done some running/jogging and hope to get back to that again. In a previous life I used to be more of a dancer...
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Fat
  • CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    I have more of an hourglass shape- but that doesn't mean I don't have a gross stomach. lol
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    perfect hourglass (37" 36D, 25, 37) I am happy!!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    BEAUTIFUL: it had taken me 30 years to accept myself :)
  • piscula
    piscula Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm an hourglass I think. Even when I was at my heaviest people never believed how much I weighed because my stomach was small compared to the rest of me. Now people have a hard time believing I am overweight, even if it's just a little bit because my body largely holds its weight very well.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Actually, I'm not sure. I don't feel like I look like a pear, even though I love pear equally. But my shoulders are pretty proportioned to my hips. Shoulders are 44/45" and hips 46.5". Some places I have read that bust isn't really a reliable indicator of an hourglass shape, and that it's more to do with shoulders, visuals and balance *shrug*
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I call my shape """ Under Construction"""
  • LiveLifeLogically
    LiveLifeLogically Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    ACCORDING TO THIS WEBSITE: http://www.mybodygallery.com/body-types.html

I'm a BANANA with BOOBS, LOL! I'm still working on improving my backside....guess I need to do more squats!
  • thesmellofapples
    thesmellofapples Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    pear shaped, i believe.

small chest, small waist in comparison to the rest of my body, and a slightly larger butt. and very large thighs.
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm a wide hipped pear with barely any backside! What's that!? :huh: :laugh:
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    i always thought i was an apple.........apparently im 'busty' haha...but if i lose any of my chest i will become an hourglass...so that was a pleasant suprise :)

I have to ask ..

How?
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    MelissaRaeTerry Posts: 377 Member
    Options
  • KettleBellHoe
    Options
    I am the very same! apple shape small breasts. It's a difficult shape to have as some times it may make you feel manly but embrace the shape it's beautiful and apple shapes tend to have nice slender looking legs.

For exercises that helped me It's all about the core back and arms. Fat seems to get stored heavily along the midsection,back and arms.

1) Pilates! these are so great they firm the part of your belly that is msot difficult to work on and slim any other way. It works the bottom of your abs,glutes,and back of thighs- do them as slo as possible! the slower you do them the strogner you become and the longer the muscle tone will stay.( this goes for all exercise)

2) Decline situps- these also work the bottom of your abs you can also work the sides of your abs doing these as well.

3) Pushups/Plank-these work your entire upper body especially the back fat and strengthening the arms and firming the abs.

4) Tricep workout using weights- lifting them over your head and towards your back (very slowly)
    http://www.liftingrevolution.com/best-tricep-exercises-for-women/ <--- more for triceps , it was a big issue for me.

5) Squats with a weight or medicine ball - This is a good overall strength training move using your abs,back,arms,and legs.

6) Cardio- most important as you can't really focus on isolation the fat melts away all at once so cardio is something you should consider every single workout day,

I hope some of this info helped. It has worked for my apple shape.
    -Kiera
  • caytee118
    caytee118 Posts: 55
    Options
    I really don't know....I use to think I was an hourglass but now since I've lost weight in my boobs that's not true. Then I thought I was a pear, but I'm not sure. I know my hips are slightly bigger than my chest and definatley bigger than my waist....
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm a proud pear shape :) but do wish I had bigger boobs lol

I do a lot of squats, basically I focus on moving my legs and bum more lol
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I just did mine..."Your body type is: Unavailable. A very small percentage of women do not fall into any of the 8 body type categories. We are sorry that we cannot match your body type at this time."

Haha...okay...I'm going to stick with "pearglass" as a description, then. :)
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Rectangle...but try my damndest to make it more hourglass...zero hips. :(
  • empty_with_you
    Options
    hourglass...i think
  • Malafide13
    Malafide13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hourglass with HUGE hips.

52in