I am hungry!

Options
So today is day 2 of my new lifestyle. Yesterday I ate a little too much in the afternoon, but I worked out on the elliptical for 20 minutes, so hopefully that will cancel it out..

Anyways,
This morning I am starving. My stomach is even rumbling. I ate a piece of toast with a little bit of blue bonnet and a glass of skim milk at 6:00 am. I also had a granola bar at 8 am with water bc I feel very hungry. It's now 9 and I am very hungry. How do I hold off until 12? I am at work so I didn't bring anything else besides my lunch. I need to go grocery shopping tonight to get some fruits, I just haven't had a chance yet.. .. help :(

Btw, I am very picky, so I don't eat eggs or bacon or bagels, so don't suggest any of those. lol

Replies

• wilson1024
    wilson1024 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Check out website "Linda's Low Carb Receipes" Lots of great ideas! Food is delicious!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Try to eat more dense or filling foods. Plain greek yogurt, nuts, oatmeal, even if you need to make a small serving of pasta or rice (both brown/grain) in the AM. Maybe even have some turkey or chicken in a wrap.
  • LisaDunn01
    LisaDunn01 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Try a green smoothie - lots of great recipes on line. This is my favorite:

10 oz. water
    1/2 frozen banana
    1/2 c. frozen pineapple
    1/2 orange
    1 1/2 handfuls raw spinach
    1/3 bunch parsley (remove stems)
    1/8 c. fresh basil

Blend - YUM!
  • AbiLee1976
    Options
    Try looking on here for some ideas - http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/03/recipe-index.html

I always carry some almonds with me incase I get really hungry.
  • bytemeeeeee
    bytemeeeeee Posts: 174
    Options
    Try a green smoothie - lots of great recipes on line. This is my favorite:

10 oz. water
    1/2 frozen banana
    1/2 c. frozen pineapple
    1/2 orange
    1 1/2 handfuls raw spinach
    1/3 bunch parsley (remove stems)
    1/8 c. fresh basil

Blend - YUM!
    I do this one as well and add a green apple and a very little kale...So good~
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    What are you cals set at??

you may have them set to low

also up your protein at breakfast...turkey, chicken, cottage cheese, greek yogurt
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Have something high in protein for breakfast. It should hold you over for at least a few hours. oh and drink water.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Green veggies. Have a salad (just lettuce, tomatos, onions etc and maybe a LITTLE cheese with low cal dressing). Have a can of green beans - not glamorous I know, but it gets me through rough times. Have a fruit smoothie (made yourself, just fruit, water, bit of milk and yogurt).

those are some things I eat when I'm hungry but can't afford to eat a meal.
  • kobashi
    kobashi Posts: 164
    Options
    Protein and fiber will process very quickly through your body. So try eating those.

Also, I started out by eating celery very often sometimes with low fat peanut butter then eventually by itself only. Now I usually just eat when I am hungry but something low calorie.

I also eat a lot of different veggies and fruits through out the day.

Are you taking vitamins? Your body might be mistaking needing food for needing nutrients.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    MFP is pretty notorious for assigning incredibly low calorie goals. Unless you are grossly obese, you probably aren't eating enough. Research total daily energy expenditure (TDEE) on the web. If your calorie intake isn't close enough to your TDEE, then you may be causing yourself some problems.
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I agree with adding more protein to your breakfast, or finding something that's full of fiber. Personally, I do a banana when I wake up and have done my bathroom things (potty, hair, and make up) ....ends up being about 6:45ish and then about 8-8:30 I'll have a bowl of oatmeal when I get to work. That typically holds me over pretty good. Stock up on fresh fruits and veggies. All low cal and full of fiber to keep you fuller longer.
  • britcurl
    britcurl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    When you get a chance to go to the grocery store buy some Protien Shakes. I know Walmart has a good one called Pure Protein. It's very low in calories and has 23 grams of protein. I would usually drink one mid morning and it would keep me full until lunch.
  • minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    carrot sticks, kiwi, strawberrys and protein shakes made with unsweetend almond milk help get me thru until meals
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    you need to eat protein and fiber to stay full longer-a piece of toast and glass of milk is not sufficient.
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    My breakfast: Whole Wheat(or whole grain) toast 2 slices with Organic PB (1/2 tbsp. per slice) with sliced banana on top of each slice and turkey bacon. Now, I am training for a marathon so I am hungry every two hours just because of calorie burns, but before I got into running this filled me up for a good 3-4 hours! I know you said no bacon, but there are others ways to substitute the protein part as others suggested. Just be sure that your toast has 3 grams of dietary fiber minimum, and balance out your macros so you have carbs/protein/fats. High fiber and the protein can help you stay full, higher fiber also means lower glycemic index in many cases therefore regulating your insulin levels better. Good luck!
  • NicoleG_86
    NicoleG_86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I eat every 2 hours. It will jump start your metabolism but it also cuts down on that starving feeling! I know that feeling all too well and that's when I binge something serious.

High protein in the morning is super important and lots of water. Someone recommended one glass per hour and that seems to help me a lot.
  • peachwine
    Options
    coffee..with splenda and fat free powder cream. I drink a cup or two to help fill me up before breakfast. Hell I drink coffee all day to be honest. :laugh:
  • Bethy25
    Bethy25 Posts: 73
    Options
    Try putting some peanut butter on your toast. Simple change, and it's just as fast as your blue bonnet. The protein in the peanut butter will give your tummy a little more to work with!
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Then eat! This site will tell you how many calories to eat to lose weight and get to your goal http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/ You need to know what your body fat % is http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/ This will help you lose weight, meet your BMR and NOT be hungry.
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. I want to remember the green smoothie recipe and the low-carb recipe website!