Favorite time of day to exercise

Options
Hey everyone. I'm Dana.

*Hi, Dana!*

I'm new to this. I've been on my healthy eating/daily workout schedule for one week now. I tried waking up a bit early to get my workout in, but I always felt drained and unmotivated. I've changed it to evenings to switch things up a bit, and boy has that worked well for me!

I know some of us just have to sneak it in when we can (being a single mom with two kids makes it difficult to find time), but if you had a preferred time, when would it be?

Replies

• mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I usually run in the morning. I love it; really gets my day started! I also like early evening, especially going into this time of year when it's so nice out.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I love my 9pm class!!
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    I love afternoons! I work until 3:30 and workout anytime after that. On the weekends, I dont like to work out until after 2pm for some reason. Im a little nervous that most races start in the mornings. So I do need to start trying out some morning runs.
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Early morning, always puts me in a good mood for the rest of the day!
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Personally, I do six am and get it done for the day! Then I know how many extra exercise calories I have to play with. It makes planning my day so much easier.
  • Bubbles99207
    Bubbles99207 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I do mine early in the morning too and if I have the urge I do it again and night too :-)
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    First thing in the morning before work. 5:30am-7am. Like getting the work-out over & done with. Have so much energy throughout the day.
  • zoe_2001
    zoe_2001 Posts: 4
    Options
    I normally exercise in the evening like 10 or 11 pm
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    For me, it varies. Running at 6am is something I enjoy (and do on a Tuesday), but it's SO hard to get myself out of bed. Evenings I'm usually more tired after a long day, but I guess nothing beats running towards the sunset.

I hate midday and the few hours surrounding. It's too bright, and there are too many people about. In winter, I used to love cycling after dark when the houses all had warm glows from their lights, and the smell of meals cooking - I've not tried running in the dark yet.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I do my C25K around 9:30pm most nights....
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I love the late afternoon. When the sun hasn't set yet, but is JUST about to. I also like to do my video workouts at night. :) I can't exercise in the morning. I. Just. Can't. Do. It.

headdesk.jpg
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I love morning workouts! Especially the gym! I LOVE to go gym in the morning! It makes me feel really good about myself, that i am out of bed and down the gym for 8am burning calories! And it also makes me stay on track for the day too :)

I try and go gym in the mornings when I can, and then in the evenings I do some xbox fitness games.
  • gingerlynnlove
    gingerlynnlove Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love my 9pm class!!

ha! tink.. while you are shakin your be-hind all over the place, i am climbing in bed.. man that makes me feel fat! lol
  • jalfrey
    jalfrey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    6:00 AM. If I don't get my morning workout in, my brain is just "fuzzy" for the workday. Well, "fuzzier" than normal!
  • KelseyDawn84
    KelseyDawn84 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    On Monday and Friday mornings, my boyfriend takes my son to daycare so I can hit the pool at 530 am.

On Tuesday and Thursday afternoons my cousin and I take our kids to the park (after work/school/daycare) and we work out while the kids play.

I just fit it in when I can... but I LOVE my morning swims! I NEVER had "me time" until my boyfriend moved in and took on some of my parental responsibility.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Mornings! Gym for me most days happens between 9:30 and 11, while my oldest is in preschool and my youngest is in the gym childcare center. On weekends, I love to wake up at the butt-crack of dawn and spend an hour walk/jogging a trail that runs behind my neighborhood. I just wish I could get myself up that early every day!
    I hate working out in the afternoon, but I haven't tried evening workouts.
  • Pelican71
    Pelican71 Posts: 16
    Options
    I wish I could workout in the morning but I have to be at school by 7 so I workout in the afternoon. However on the weekends I get it in early. I can't wait to start working out in the mornings during summer break.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    i get both kids ready and fed in the morning, get oldest on the school bus and have my car running and ready to go to the gym with my little one. im there by 9:15am, enought time to get my daughter into the day care there and get my stuff put away b4 the 930 classes begin. i gottta go 1st thing im the morning, everythings happening, im in action already and it works for me. since i quit smoking ive been working out in the evening s at home also. ive tried to step it up to stay occupied, also to keep the dreaded quitters weight from piling on....and ive kept it all off :) yay me! lol
  • xoTLCxo
    xoTLCxo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    First thing makes me feel more motivated and focused for the day :)
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Right after I get my older two to school. Before I do anything else.