Hello

Options
Hi my name is Chris. I'm from Wakefield in the UK. Single. I've been here for quite some time but have only recently started tracking my food. I've done various eating plans in the past but at the end of the day it's down to how many calories you input and output that gives the results, so I've done away with Points and Syns and am happy to calorie count.

What I find is that if I choose low fat/low cal options and then cook in a healthy way, I can eat the food I like, within my daily allowance.

One thing I found out this morning is, porridge cooked with fresh blackberries, with a splodge of mullerlight raspberry/cranberry, is delicious!

Away from dieting, I have various interests.

Please say hello

Chris x

Replies

• lewisboysthree
    Options
    I too am happy to calorie count-this site seems to work much better for me than counting points. I like to know how many grams of protein I'm over during the day- that type of info is helpful to make sure I'm picking the right foods. What is mullerlight? We have agave here (nectar from the agave plant) and it's low on the glycemic scale and thinner than honey.
    Kelly
  • jobster68
    jobster68 Posts: 145
    Options
    Hi Chris from Northampton, England.

I too have done all the eating plans from cabbage soup to points and syns! This site is really working for me though. I had lost a bit more than is showing at the moment but I got married and was then made redundant so the routine and being good kinda went out the window. However I am back to it now and extremely motivated again.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.

:smile:
  • mr_wint
    mr_wint Posts: 8
    Options
    I too am happy to calorie count-this site seems to work much better for me than counting points. I like to know how many grams of protein I'm over during the day- that type of info is helpful to make sure I'm picking the right foods. What is mullerlight? We have agave here (nectar from the agave plant) and it's low on the glycemic scale and thinner than honey.
    Kelly

Mullerlight is fat free yoghurt.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    Hello, Chris. I'm Darla. Nice to meet you. :)
  • mr_wint
    Options
    Hi Darla :)
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    As requested -

"Hello!!!"

Have fun calorie counting! I have just joined this site and it seems like it is going to be helpful. Just need to get the thought of cake out of my mind and I will be good to go!

Enjoy!
  • mr_wint
    Options
    As requested -

"Hello!!!"

Have fun calorie counting! I have just joined this site and it seems like it is going to be helpful. Just need to get the thought of cake out of my mind and I will be good to go!

Enjoy!

Hi. I think it's a really good site. My only advice is, check food values for yourself coz quite a few are wrong. Yours is cake, mine is pizza. I seem to be doing OK though. I'm on day 4. Good luck x
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    As requested -

"Hello!!!"

Enjoy!

Hi. I think it's a really good site. My only advice is, check food values for yourself coz quite a few are wrong. Yours is cake, mine is pizza. I seem to be doing OK though. I'm on day 4. Good luck x

Hey, thanks, will take your tips on board. I am only on day two but hopefully will get to day four in say 48 hours or so! Good luck to you too.

Going to friend request you if that's ok, don't feel obliged to accept!!
  • Cynthiam0806
    Cynthiam0806 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Chris, Cynthia in Cheltenham ,Uk....... Mullerlight is my favourite yoghurt I even freeze it at work and snack on it towards the end of day :)
  • LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hello Chris! How are you?

That porridge sounds great!
  • mr_wint
    Options
    Hi Chris, Cynthia in Cheltenham ,Uk....... Mullerlight is my favourite yoghurt I even freeze it at work and snack on it towards the end of day :)

Hi Cynthia. I've heard people freeze the chocolate mullerlight's to give the impression of eating proper chocolate.
  • mr_wint
    Options
    Hello Chris! How are you?

That porridge sounds great!

Hi. I'm good thanks. How's you? Porridge is my saviour! ;-)
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Welcome Chris, if you need support I'm there for you, add me if you'd like. It's a great site to keep us on track with our goals and the people are fantastic.. It seems easier on MFP than anywhere else I tried.
  • lyricalLies13
    lyricalLies13 Posts: 151
    Options
    Hello Chris, and welcome =]
  • mr_wint
    Options
    thank you :)