trying 1 month and no weight loss!!!

Options

Replies

• suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    if you eat every 3 hours small portions you will lose weight.. I lost over 40 pounds with my diet and how our bodies works and functions.

Wow. Another misconception. What is this? The thread where all we do is give out magic tricks to lose weight?

It doesn't matter what time of day you eat, and actually studies show that people are more likely to eat MORE by eating so often because we're used to eating meals, and will overeat during these "mini meals". But I lost 102 lbs 5 years ago, and ate breakfast, lunch, a small snack, dinner and then a small treat of 150 cals or less.

It was just another suggestion. Some do very well eating every 3hrs or the 3 larger meals - just do what works. The OP may do well eating every 3hrs so she may choose to tryit or not.
  • Pandoragirl
    Options
    I think she means a pound of fat and a pound of muscle DO with the same - a pound!
  • KGFitnessGuru
    Options
    Yarwell. Well if you start say at 7 am with breakfast your last meal should be at 7 pm if you stay up say past 10 after 7pm then should have a protein shake.. but depends on what your eating and your portions size. I had to measure my food out and ate everyday at the same time, and I lost over 40 pounds. if your not eating healthy and not eating the right stuff then your not going to lose weight.
  • YELLOWBIRD143
    YELLOWBIRD143 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please don't give up!!! This is such a healthy program. Perhaps you need to share your food diary. What do you think????
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I'd up your protein and lower your carbs. You need the protein to build muscle and they keep you full longer.
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My guess without even asking to look at your food log is not eating enough. Like countless others.

maybe, but I doubt it.

The same thing is happening to me and i eat about 1800. I am putting on so much muscle so quickly that I am not even worrying about the scale. I take measurements, and they show results, and my body fat% is dropping and muscle is going up.

also, i eat protein massively. i 'decided to change my macro goals' to a ratio of 30:40:30 in favour of protein... it turns out that is how i was already eating.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    yep not eating enough -- you say 1400 calorie diet but you have been at 1200 or less since sunday, and before that I see nothing logged. If you're working out, you need to eat more, or you won't lose weight. you're not giving your body enough to run on.
  • sarahty101
    Options
    I had the same problem. I am only allowed 1200 calories per day. For about five weeks I stuck to the plan and I worked out every single day using weights every other , and doing cardio EVERY day, sometimes for over an hour. I got so frustrated because I only lost a pound and a half. I don't know what it was, but this last week I have started losing at a much faster rate, and I haven't changed what I was doing. It can be so frustrating but stick to it! :)
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs the same as fat everyone.....!!!

Not true...ever...

*Scratches head* I'm pretty sure that a pound of fat is the same weight as a pound of muscle... :noway:

12029845.png
  • TheresaC928
    TheresaC928 Posts: 849
    Options
    As an exercise instructor once told me, muscle burns fat. You want muscle. I have not lost in last 3 wks but have lost an inch in waist and hips so I will take it. :) It is frustrating not to see the scale move but look at measurements and try to get in slimmer sizes. I bet you can. You go girl!! :D
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Do you need to lose weight? Maybe you are just turning what you have into muscle?

I am not losing a bunch yet either. I gave up on the scale. I know I am stronger, healthier, and my clothes are getting looser so I am just going to keep going and check in a month or two.
  • jarrodc
    jarrodc Posts: 102
    Options
    Your answer is in the title.

To give you an idea... I've been losing weight for 6 years out of the 22 I've been alive, and I'm still not great at it.
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    My guess without even asking to look at your food log is not eating enough. Like countless others.

maybe, but I doubt it.

The same thing is happening to me and i eat about 1800. I am putting on so much muscle so quickly that I am not even worrying about the scale. I take measurements, and they show results, and my body fat% is dropping and muscle is going up.

also, i eat protein massively. i 'decided to change my macro goals' to a ratio of 30:40:30 in favour of protein... it turns out that is how i was already eating.

Gaining muscle mass takes time...
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Can I suggest you ready my blog from today? Not trying to be pushy or act like I know it all, but I've been there before... And I know how hard it can be.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/emgawne/view/why-i-hate-the-scale-247990
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on the scale. That was my problem too. Start doing measurements instead you will see more of a difference. You are probably replacing some of the fat with muscle while you're doing the weight training. Also, celebrate your NSVs, you will keep up your motivation that way. If you're working out 6 days a week, you need to up your calories. You also need to eat back your exercise calories. It may seem counterproductive, but that's how many of the people on here lost their weight. So they must be doing something right!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options

maybe, but I doubt it.

Yup, I was right. She's not eating enough.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    what weighs more...a pound of feathers or a pound of rocks? :P
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    if you eat every 3 hours small portions you will lose weight.. I lost over 40 pounds with my diet and how our bodies works and functions.

This doesn't work for everyone. I eat every 2 hours, some people only need to eat 3 meals a day.

Do what works for you. My guess is you aren't eating enough. Try eating back your exercise calories. And give it time, my trainer told me it could take up to 8 weeks of lifting before I actually started losing weight, but I have lost inches.
  • mswn02
    mswn02 Posts: 38
    Options
    I agree with the commentator who stated you are not eating enough. Sure, you may be eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but what are you eating between those meals? Are you eating "small meals/snacks" every 2 to 3 hours? I used to think eating this often was ridiculous and there was no way I could lose weight by doing so, but it REALLY IS important! My metabolism is so well-trained now that my body practically tells me when it it time to eat again.
  • future_runner
    future_runner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I had a quick look at your diary:

1) Monday dinner - swap what you had for real fish (not 3% fish mashed up with some other crap and preservatives and covered in breadcrumbs crap) or steamed chicken, a baked potato and salad/vegetables - it might be higher cals but it's a lot more nutritious

2) In the two days you've got there .... where in lords name are your vegetables? Pretty sure there isn't one in sight - and no oven baked chips do not count as a vegie!

1 - up your veggie intake
    2 - up the protein intake
    3 - eat real food not processed out of the box just because its easier food

Truthfully - if you aren't eating vegies, your body is eventually going to blow a big old raspberry at you and stop doing what it is meant to do to function because it is so devoid of minerals and vitamins and I'll tell you now - no amount of "detox" or gym is going to help you.

This