Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What was the best piece of workout equipment you bought

Replies

• shoby68
    shoby68 Posts: 30
    GPS running watch with HRM. Been a great motivational tool, gets me out on those cold wet nights to meet my goal for the week.
  • My EZ Curl bar, Olympic Bar and Olympic weights set, dumb bells, Olympic bench, Power rack, and standard weight set.
  • curds
    curds Posts: 201 Member
    LOL I only know half of the suggestions! LOL clearly a newbie to work out equipment!

We have a Xbox but I'm interested to know why some of you said the Zumba game for the Xbox kinect? Please correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't the workout DVD be just as good?

Thanks for all the awesome suggestions!
  • sortin
    sortin Posts: 78
    Considering what it actually cost, the treadmill. If it weren't so cheap though, I'd never have bought one. It cost us 10 hours of babysitting for my girlfriend, and I had to put a plug on it (previous owner's dog chewed the cord through). Also had to get a U-Haul, but we got a 51-inch projection TV from them at the same time, and I love that thing too.
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    It's not really equipment but my gym membership! I guess I'm renting the equipment!
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    I guess I had squats on my mind, meant to say power rack.
  • jennifercouchman
    jennifercouchman Posts: 2 Member
    Octane Fitness elliptical, which has resistance bands. Love the goal based programs (calories or distance). And ditto to "FatUncleRob", my running shoes.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,066 Member
    SMRT-CORE foam roller. wow.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    A really comfortable supportive pair of walking shoes....that also look cool.
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Taebo, resistance band, weighted jump rope and free weights

I was going to type the exact same thing along with adding Leslie Sansone Walk at Home dvd's for days when I need light working out or a good morning jolt.
  • Bencribb
    Bencribb Posts: 21 Member
    I'm partial to my chinup bar
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Dumbbells
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    It's a toss-up between my running shoes and my Bowflex SelectTech dumbbells.
  • arctiknitter
    arctiknitter Posts: 119 Member
    My 30 Day Shred and No More Trouble Zones DVDs. And my treadmill. But really-it's those DVDs that have finally gotten me moving every single day. Jillian Michaels may be tough but she's got me moving and I'm so glad for that.
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    The reason why you would get the game on the X Box kinect or a Wii is because there is about 800 different dances you can do, different levels of impact, different time settings, it will tell you how many calories you burned, etc. etc. A DVD is like one dance over and over and over again, it would get boring. You will get sick of it.
  • Dumbbells :) I have a treadmill, I have resistant bans, I have a stability ball, a yoga mat...I always go back to the dumbbells. I do use my other stuff, but at my exercise classes not really at home.

I have to give props to Jillian Michael's, though. She started me on my trek to get in shape last year.
  • curds
    curds Posts: 201 Member
    Thanks j1wright, Kinect Zumba is a definite option then!
  • I have total gym and love it!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,719 Member
    skipit.jpg

I loved my Skip-It, when I was a kid!
  • Ivyzmama
    Ivyzmama Posts: 108 Member
    iPod for listening to music to give me energy & keep me exercising longer. Also, bought "workout" music - fast-paced stuff. I found a bunch of African (Angelique Kiddo), Zydeco and Bollywood hits (actually titled Bollywood Workout music") that are high-energy with fast beats.

Elliptical (got a top quality one cheap on Craigslist from someone who was moving & couldn't take it with them - I highly recommend you do that but only if you or someone you know is skilled enough to partially disassemble & reassemble the arms & have a van for moving it). I prefer elliptical over the treadmill because you can walk outside but likely not ski - so the elliptical lets you vary your workout more than a treadmill does - and varying your workout helps prevent injuries.

Bike for outside (but only if you like riding. I love riding.) Check Craigslist for used but reconditioned bikes - $100 - $150. Also get a bike rack for your car so you can bring your bike home & take it to the repair shop when the tires blow out. I can happily bike for 3 hours - burning well over 1,000 calories - yet there's no other exercise that I can manage to force myself to do for more than an hour. Time really flies when you're on a bike.

A wind-blocking polarfleece biking jacket - with breathable mesh under the arms & on the back - I love it because it's comfortable in temperatures from 40 to 65 degrees, water repellent, keeps me warm but not sweaty. It was not cheap but worth every penny. It would be great for joggers or anyone exercising outside. I found mine online - not sure if they're sold in any brick-n-mortar store other than serious exercise wear stores.

Slant board (for sit-ups) - $50.

Hand weights (mine are 5 lbs but I have weak arms) - got mine at a discount store.