• thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I'm a trader.

Sit on my behind 10 hours a day.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm a night shift nurse.. I don't think it hinders my weight loss.. but I'm very determined and have and will find a way around any obstacle. I just bring healthy food in to eat all night long, log in to MFP frequently through the night and then run, depending on the weather, after work before I go to bed or right after I get up. Where there's a will, there's a way. If not, they're be an excuse instead.
  • lissadavis
    lissadavis Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm a clinical psychologist in private practice.
    Helps: I can set my own hours (around my young daughter's schedule) and get to the gym 2-3 times a week.
    Cons: Emotional stress, and being a psychotherapist doesn't really prepare you to work on your own mental health.

I do see that my weight loss has helped me in my work a LOT. Struggling through a personal process of change is a great way to show clients that I've been there in the doldrums, and that change IS possible.

13278165.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Steel trader in the petro chemical industry..
  • TheBakerGirl
    Options
    unemployed at the moment…so being in the house all day, with a kitchen full of food, doesn't seem to be helping!

anyone hiring? :happy:
  • katy4399
    katy4399 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Township Treasurer. I sit a lot, BUT I am part time so on my off days I can exercise and walk :)
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Steel trader in the petro chemical industry..

And brother, business is a booming
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    In an office all day. Plenty of ways around not moving much all day. I stand at my desk, print stuff to printers at the other end of the office, run up and down the stairs etc. i also think that it helps me to stick to my current bulk phase much more easily.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I recently switched jobs..

I now work as a rental car agent at a small, local airport.

I'm hoping switching from a very physical, on my feet, constantly moving job to a job where you are using your brain more won't affect my weight. I've been in maintenance for nearly 2 years and have done well. So, I'm hoping this job change (which is better for my back) won't hurt me too much!
  • LinsenNRoses
    LinsenNRoses Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm a dispatcher for a taxi company and I work overnight! Blah! It definitely is hard since I barely ever get any sleep and I have such weird hours to eat it's confusing when my breakfast/lunch/dinner is!! And I sit in a desk all night! But no more excuses for me! I've been at this for 90 days now, joined a 24 hour gym and go right when I get off at 4:00AM 5 days a week! :) I bring healthy snacks to work now too!! :smile:

16586181.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Im a nurse on a busy unit. It can be both a help and a hinder since im busy all day but the temptation to snack is horrendous lol. I now bring things to work with me so to limit the amount of food I would eat otherwise. Determination is everything. Plus at the moment I only work days so I walk to and from work and can fit in a work out after I finish so its great xx
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Mine totally helps!~ Retail Merchandiser... if i'm not lifting something, i'm speed walking:tongue:
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I torture teenagers with math. It helps because of the routine. It hinders because there is always some occasion to be celebrated, most usually with food.

Ooo OOooo I loved my Math Master!!! hehehe minored in Math :smooched:
  • jcgrant43
    jcgrant43 Posts: 64
    Options
    Maintenance Manager. Some days its great, lugging, lifting, wrenching. Other days not so much, paperwork, desk, sitting on my butt.....its kinda neutral over all.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Part-time teacher- it totally helps! I have lots of time to exercise, and when I'm teaching I never sit down. I start teaching more hours in August, but I think that will only help me- and stop me from being lazy!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Drug dealer. serious. definatley hinders.
  • insights2
    insights2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Psychologist, in a very large practice full of great cooks who insist on bringing in delicious homemade baked goods to leave around our office....
  • Marge321
    Marge321 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Law student, definitly sitted for a long part of the day..
  • ania0307
    ania0307 Posts: 49
    Options
    Human resources officer and a translator - 2 in 1 :) it doesn't help - being stuck in the office, meetings etc
    so whenever i can i walk walk walk (or run in 5 inch heels)
    coworkers are used to me not using a phone - prefer to walk and talk to them :)
    plus visiting company's sites always allows for some exercise - not a lot though

oh and working with people who are addicted to fast food doesn help :) all i can smell all day is pizzas, chinese, pasties, bacon butties, lasagnas, pastas, burgers and cake !
    tempting !!!
  • NurseCarolyn2014
    Options
    I used to teach dance full time - so it definately helped me stay in shape, now I'm a student nurse and between the amount of hours sitting studying and stress eating, it definately can hinder my weight if I'm not careful.