Weighing yourself...

Options
How often do you all weigh in? I know you shouldn't do it daily, because I learned the hard way. I've been tracking my cals and staying on track as well as exercising and drinking my water. I weighed myself yesterday and today at the same time of day and was up a pound and a half. Ugh discouraged!!!! It can't scientifically be!! Lol. So do you weigh yourself weekly? How often? Thanks!

Replies

• oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I actually don't own a scale and for me that works great. I typically weigh myself every 3-4 weeks.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Daily here, with an official weigh-in on a Monday.
  • Bmjnash
    Bmjnash Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I do every day. And if I am up I work harder that day then. I am going to try once a week
    I think that's what a lot do.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself whenever I see my scale.
    I only record it officially bi weekly.

Your body can fluctuate up to 5 lbs a day with varying factors. Don't let daily changes discourage you.
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once every few weeks, I find daily weighing is bad!

I tend to go off the way my body looks and feels than weight, and when I feel and see a difference, I weigh myself then just out of interest more than anything.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Once a week.

Friday morning first thing and thats it. Actually looking forward to this friday monring(not all that confident mind you) but still.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Every day but I only record my weight once I've lost a significant amount (my scale's numbers are really hard to see, plus it's in kilograms which are more than pounds, so i only record once i've lost more than a kilo because i literally cant SEE any smaller difference) (i should probably get a digital scale eventually......)

Water weighs roughly 1 kilo per one liter. I drink at least 2 liters a day so weighing myself any time other than the morning is a no-no as I've probably gained at least 1.5 kilos just from water, not to mention food
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Every time I walk by the scale. I only record new lows, not for the faint of heart. Body weight moves up/down a lot.
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    I weigh myself whenever I see my scale.
    I only record it officially bi weekly.

Your body can fluctuate up to 5 lbs a day with varying factors. Don't let daily changes discourage you.

This. I weighed myself yesterday morning and saw I had lost another 2lb, but by the end of the day, I had gained 5lb..it does fluctuate, especially in women during different times of the month. Don't be discouraged - keep going. And remember, if you're feeling healthier, your clothes are fitting better and you're losing inches, then the scale doesn't matter so much. :)
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Weigh ins at the gym first thing Monday morning.

I don't trust my home scale, haha
  • MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Every day but I only record my weight once I've lost a significant amount (my scale's numbers are really hard to see, plus it's in kilograms which are more than pounds, so i only record once i've lost more than a kilo because i literally cant SEE any smaller difference) (i should probably get a digital scale eventually......)

I had the same problem roachhaley with my scales, I bought a digital scale and its much more accurate.

weighing once a week is better for me, but it's up to individuals to decide what's best for them
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Daily here, with an official weigh-in on a Monday.

This exactly for me too! Can't help it!!
  • trinoc
    trinoc Posts: 73
    Options
    I weigh myself on the last day of the month and that's it. I have pretty big weekly fluctuations depending on the time of the month so I found that even weekly was too discouraging for me.
  • IslandGurl27
    Options
    Once a week officially. But if I had a bad weigh in that week, I'll probably do it again in the middle just to make sure I'm back on track.
  • AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Every morning, but that's just me being OCD! I odn't takemuch notice of what the scales say daily as the fluctation can be worrisome if you allow them to be :frown:

I officially weigh in and record my weight once a week.
  • beccaspex
    beccaspex Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Every time I see my scales! its a bad habit i cant seem to break. I even get anxious if I'm at my partners house for a few days and cant weigh myself cos he hasnt got any scales! Official Weigh in once a week and trying to wean myself off :smile:
  • ClaudiaF77
    Options
    I actually don't own a scale and for me that works great. I typically weigh myself every 3-4 weeks.

What he said. First Saturday of the month.
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Officially Saturday morning, but I sometimes get weighed on the Friday night, and then get up on the Saturday and have sometimes gone down as much as 6-7lb over night, I love to see that when it happens lol
  • kelleybelly35
    kelleybelly35 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    my official weigh-in is on monday morning.....that way i have to be good on the weekends.....but if i my clothes are feeling loose i will jump on and see if i have lost
  • wearywithchildren
    Options
    My official weigh-in is first thing in the morning every Wednesday. And I'm usually on calorie lock-down the day before (Tuesday) because there are many things that can screw up a weigh-in for me. If I drink too much diet soda, eat too much salt, go over my calories even a little bit, eat fast food, etc. All the things you shouldn't do anyway but might allow yourself to have occasionally to keep from going insane!

My dad invited me out for Chinese food yesterday and even though there is a reasonable (note I didn't write "healthy") option to order, I turned him down because I knew I was supposed to weigh-in this morning and Chinese food the day before a weigh-in always ALWAYS sabotages me. So does pizza. I've conducted experiments on this. :)

My advice is to weigh-in weekly, first thing in the morning, completely naked, right after you've peed and to really pay attention to your sodium and food intake the day before.