Protein Powder/Shakes...what type of powder do YOU use???

Options
13»

Replies

• supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I use the Biggest Loser Vanilla. I like the flavor in my skim milk, but it does have less protein (and less calories agaisnt some brands) than others. But I don't need a lot, usually I just use it as a boost after a particularly heavy weight lifting day at the gym. I didn't really shop around though. I tried a couple that I didn't like, and a friend had the Biggest Loser brand powder so I tried it and really liked it. I have another friend who likes the Jillian Michael's Whey powder in chocolate.
  • kuhndog61
    kuhndog61 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I S O P U R E
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    myoplex, strawberry cream...
  • Auspiciousgirl
    Options
    Shaklee carries the Cinch protein shakes in 4 flavours (chocolate, latte, vanilla, strawberry) and they are ALL delicious!!
  • littlewitch1973
    Options
    I use Unjury - Chocolate Splendor, Vanilla and Unflavored - the strawberry is a little sweet for me, but good for making smoothies in the summer.

For fruity, I like Nectar - the fuzzy naval tates like orange / pineapple juice and is awesome.

A blender bottle is definitely needed for most protein shakes.

The only other one I liked was from GNC, Lean shakes - they are tasty, but have a higher sugar count than the unjury and Nectar.
  • suzyq47855
    Options
    I use the Jillian Michael's Pure Protein. Here's how I make it and it's good.
    I use one cup of ice
    1 scoop of the Triple choc protein
    1 1/2 cup of Unsweeten Almond Vanilla Milk
    (sometimes I add on tablespoon of natural peanut butter)
    I put all this in my "Magic Bullet" and blend
    It's like having a "good for me" milk shake.

The almond milk is what helps it taste good. You can use the regular vanilla almond milk, however I am diebetic so I use the unsweetned. Hope this helps.
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition in Double Rich Chocolate is not too bad. Trutein is amazingly good- especially the Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cup flavor.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Body fortress whey protein , vanilla. That way I can add different favors to it.
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    I use Pure Protein Chocolate.... Im diabetic and must watch my sugars
  • baotzu
    baotzu Posts: 28
    Options
    The best one I've tasted is Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey in the Double Rich Chocolate flavor.

Ditto -- I think it's really, really good. I add a little crushed ice to mine and it's like a milkshake. :)
    If you all like ON Double Rich Chocolate, you should try their Extreme Milk Chocolate flavor. It puts the Dbl Rich Chocolate flavor to shame.