Did anyone NOT have a weight problem as a child?

Options

Replies

• Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I was always up and down but my Mom was skinny her whole life untill she reached her late 40s.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a problem till around 20-21 I was tiny as a child and in high school. When I got pregnant with my first at 17, I was 105 pounds and lost the weight quickly...I just as an adult, fell into the fast food, lazy trap, as well as birth control seems to really mess with my weight.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I was a thin child. I didn't start gaining weight until I was 27, when I started eating out and drinking more. Before I knew it I'd gain 19lbs. :(
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I was a waif as a child. I ate like a horse, but I never put on any weight. I wouldn't say I've even had a massive weight problem now, but I definitely needed to buck my ideas up diet and exercise-wise.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    3% body fat Freshman year of college....then....quit running and swimming and enjoyed beer and takeout....now I am here lol.
  • RKNR
    RKNR Posts: 30
    Options
    I never had a weight problem growing up. I had my first child at 20 went from 120 to 180, lost it all. Had my second child at 25 and gained them same amount of weight went back down to 130. I'm 5'7" and my highest weight was in december at 166 now I'm back down to 140.:happy:
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Nope, never had a weight problem as a kid, and even when I started here, I wouldn't say it was a "problem." More of, I needed to start caring again.

This! And, I did have my 6th kid at 39. So, I had a few things working against me, 6th kid, 40s, and hypothyroid. Just had to get my head back into the game and get my body back in shape! I am super hard headed, so I was not going to let my age, the amount of kids, or my hypo keep me 10lbs overweight and out of shape.

But, I have never had a "weight" problem...but if I had not kicked my butt into gear, I would have in another few years.
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I was skinny- and i mean SKINNY until about the age of 21. My real weight issues started in my mid-twenties (about 5 years ago)
  • Perswaysion
    Perswaysion Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    No I was 103 pounds when I married my husband. I fell down a flight of stairs and did damage to my back. Wasn't able to walk well for almost a year. Gained 10 pounds. I had surgery and then an 18 month recovery of no exercise. I was very active until then. I was told I couldn't do any of the things I loved to do and between recovery and depression I put on another 10 pounds. A year later we seperated and between working 2 jobs and going to college and the ever deepening depression I quickly jumped up to 145 pounds. We reconciled and I was back in the 120's. We had our son 2 years after that and I gained some weight but not much I was back to the low 130's. Then we had a lot of large life changes very quickly. 6 months ago I looked at the scale and couldn't believe I weighed almost 160 pounds. I'm 5'2 and a very petite frame. I"d had enough. It's been almost 10 years since I was active and I forgot how much I use to love it. I"m in my 30's now and no longer worried about being a size 2. I just want to be healthy.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I was skinny until my first full-time desk job at about 27. Prior to that, I had jobs where I was on my feet all the time. Gained some, lost some, gained some, lost some, then got hit with depression and anxiety when my parents died, and gained more.

But this is the healthiest I've ever been.
  • turnerm65
    turnerm65 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I was only 4 lbs when I was born! I didn't have a weight problem until I was 35, after having 2 kids. I was ALWAYS a skinny kid but could EAT ANYTHING. I remember putting away a whole pizza by myself once (or twice...) I was only about 95 lbs at the time. My highest weight, not pregnant, was 166.8 lbs and I'm only 5' 2". I went from an active job to a desk job but continued to eat and drink whatever I wanted. Now I'm working out at least 3 times a week (Zumba) and watching what I eat. I have about 6 more lbs to go to get to a healthy weight.
  • dlynnkind
    dlynnkind Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I was always super thin as a child. All my bigger cousins/friends used to tease that I had a tape worm because I could eat whatever I wanted. Even in my early 20's when I was pregnant I delivered at 141 lbs and was right back down to a size 3-5 afterwards. I didn't start gaining till my 30's. I delivered my 2nd child at age 31 and 171 lbs. After that I got back down to the 150's but more recently with work/school/life I got to my all time highest of 178.4. I guess my metabolism slowed as I got older??

Now its harder to lose but this morning I was 151 lbs! I also think my mind has changed because I would not want to be that skinny as I was when I was younger. Now I am shooting for healthy/toned/muscle body frame. Where the scale stops who knows??
  • tegtmeyerd
    tegtmeyerd Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Same here, I was skin and bones as a child. Ate anything I wanted until my mid-twenties. Then it started slowly packing on until the last few years where it packed a little quicker. We like to call it the newly-wed spread that kept on spreading...
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    While I wasn't exactly fit as when I was younger, I never had problems with my weight. It was when I started working jobs where I wasn't my feet much that it started to be an issue.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I didn't really. I'd say I was pretty tiny as a kid, then in middle school gained a little weight with puberty, but it evened out in high school, then was a size 0 to a size 4 from high school to about my junior year of college. Freshman year (college) I had a bit of disordered eating habits, and was very very slim. Ballet class twice a week, tap class 3 times a week, jazz class twice a week, working out (and by "working out" I mean doing like an hour on the elliptical and 500 crunches) almost every day, plus eating VERY little and the stress of my first semester of college, I stayed a size 0 for quite a while. Between sophomore year and senior year of college I slowly stopped taking dance classes and was performing a lot less by junior/senior year (did a LOT of musical theatre), so the weight began to creep on. At first it was fine because I actually looked healthy again...then I got pregnant about 2 months before I graduated college, and well, it alllll went downhill from there lol.

I gained about 75 lbs while pregnant, lost 40 of that pretty quickly, but I had a bit of the baby blues and I was in a horrible and emotionally abusive relationship, which caused me to seek out food for comfort and I wasn't exercising regularly. Having been a dancer most of my life, I didn't really know how to work out in the traditional sense. I've yo-yoed a lot during the time post-pregnancy, but for once I'm FINALLY making the lifestyle change I've needed to make all along.
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    Nope, never had a weight problem as a kid, and even when I started here, I wouldn't say it was a "problem." More of, I needed to start caring again.

^^Something like this.
    I was active all the way until my late teens... and to be honest, I couldn't even tell you what I weighed back then, or when I gained the weight exactly. It crept up very slowly over the last 10 years or so... but I wouldn't say i was obese or had a weight problem.
    However, when my doctor told me I could stand to lose a "few pounds" was when something clicked... i think i had crossed into the 180s. She didn't say I was overweight, but pointed out that I'd put on a few over a couple years, and coming into my 30s it was something I should nip in the bud now. So I did. Care now, to save myself any problems later. When I saw her again I was down about 20 pounds and she was happy with that.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I didn't really.....I had some extra weight in middle school but not before or after that. Playing sports definitely made the difference for me. I've always eaten like crap.
  • jlynnlee
    jlynnlee Posts: 3
    Options
    My weight issue came after being pregnant and having pre-eclampsia, gestational diabetes, and HELLP syndrome. All throughout my childhood/teenage years/before baby I was either average or skinny. My weight would go back and forth but I always had a healthy BMI....Since pregnancy, not so much. I keep gaining instead of losing and my son is almost 3.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I wasn't skinny, but I was pretty much normal weight - I always weighed more than anyone else my age, but i was also always a few inches taller.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a weight problem as a kid. I was a thin kid, thin teenager, thin/muscular young adult (that's when I discovered weight lifting). I didn't start gaining weight until I was about 32, and then packed on about 75 pounds in a couple years due to lack of exercise, overeating, eating out too much, and eating way too much junk.