September's "No late night snacking" Challenge

dewdrop
dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
Wow, it's already September! :noway:
I don't want to give up on this challenge, because for me it's the thing that works and one I need to work on; harder! :wink: : no more munching all evening long :grumble: . So if you think this is right for you too, join me :flowerforyou:.

- we each fix a cut-off time that we find the most appropriate for our schedules and one we could stick with
- we keep track of the consecutive nights and of the total nights we manage to stick with it this month

Come on, we can do this! :drinker:

Replies

• dewdrop
    My cut-off time is 8 p.m. It can be 9 p.m., when I'm back only at 8:30 from the aerobic class.
    I will still count the nights when I have calories left (this is very rarely the case) that I eat past my cut-off. Should I go beyond my calories on such days, I'll reset the consecutive nights' counter.
  • I'll join!
    I'm really bad at late night cravings.
    My cut off will be 8PM.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    I'm in - big challenge for me.. I am an evening muncher, the sweeter the better.

My cut off is 8 pm. Is 7:25 now and just finishing a graham cracker...

Janie
  • dewdrop
    Always nice to have good company! :flowerforyou:

I was good last night, yeay! :glasses:
  • dewdrop
    2 nights down :drinker: Come on, guys, don't let me do this alone :flowerforyou:
  • This challenge sounds right up my ally! My sweet tooth starts kicking in shortly after dinner. I'm usually in bed pretty early, so I better make my cutoff time 7:30. Right now I do not have any junkfood/treats in the house, so I've been good so far. I figure......if I don't buy it.....I won't eat it.
  • dewdrop
    Day 3 completed. I wonder if I should still post this or just forget it :huh: .
  • So far, I've been successful in maintaining my willpower after dinner. It's the upcoming holiday weekend, complete with Michigan Football party that's got me worried. There's going to be bacon-wrapped lil' smokies, nachos, swedish meatballs, hot wings, beer, rum......all the usual suspects. Hope I can stay ahead of the battle. Stay strong!

Hmmmm....I wonder why my post says its 3:43 AM....it's 6:45 am here. Just a thought
  • dewdrop
    Hmmmm....I wonder why my post says its 3:43 AM....it's 6:45 am here. Just a thought

My Home -> Settings -> Change time zone and it will show your actual time. Mind you, each user gets to see your post according to their settings. So if it looks to you like I#ve posted at 4a.m. that's not at all because I was up at that time. As least not at 4a.m. European time :wink: .

Stay strong! You can do it! What I used to do when I was at parties is stop later than my cut-off, but still stop. Not refilling till I went home as full as I could get :smile: . Good luck and have fun!
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    :laugh: Im totally in! My cut off is 7pm! I do love the latenight snacks not to mention my bf is the best at fixing them up and shoving them down my throat! I will have to resist if I ever want to lose this weight!
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    I am a huge night time eater. I actually save at least half my calories to eat at night. I think this is a great challange for me. My cut off time is going to be 8pm. Good Luck Everyone!
  • dewdrop
    4 nights down :drinker: . Ate quite a lot for supper, so was full even four hours later, in spite of taking a walk. So last night was super easy. Heh, I already feel like I'm turning this into a habbit :drinker: .
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    I broke...:grumble: I had something late lastnight, :mad: damn it! Tonight is another night:happy: . I hate loving food so much.:ohwell:
  • yentasdoitbetter
    yentasdoitbetter Posts: 82 Member
    i read in my book for nutritional healin something like...

when you crave food at night, your body is really craving the chemical in turkey that makes you tired (forgot what its called). your body cant tell you "i need turkey" so its just telling you "i need something!" try having some turkey in your daily diet and see if you still have night cravings. i have actually tried this and it worked, maybe it was a mental thing but it still worked!

started buying turkey cutlets and making grilled turkey salads instead of chicken, turkey slices when i DO get those late night cravings. 2 slices of turkey before bed, low in calories, low in fat and you dont have that sugar or carbs sitting in your body while you sleep
  • I didn't do so well last night either. I had a bagel (with real butter) shortly after dinner. So that put me over my carbs for the day. Feelin' kinda crumbie, not to mention guilty today. Oh well, not gonna beat myself up about it......today is a whole new day and I'm going to make the most of it!
  • im going u all, my snack at night is pate on toast!!!! someone stop me
  • Gold Star for me! Yesterday was a total success. No crappy food and no "after hours" snacking. Yaaay:smile:
  • Weekends are always the toughest me for in regards to snacking....or just eating junk in general. But I survived, hope everyone is doing well with their goal(s) as well.
  • dewdrop
    Well done, Veronica! :flowerforyou:

I ate both days past my cut-off and a little bit too much during the day, but I plan to start again today, because eating late made me sleep poorly.
  • Last night I snuck in a Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich right before my cutoff time (it was seriously like 1 minute away). Thankfully I still had the calories, carbs, etc. to spare. I knew I'd be needing that sweet treat!
This discussion has been closed.