Ladies: Squats in stilettos! :-)

Options

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    if you wanted a safer way of doing so, why not just lift weights on an incline? Personally, I fear for the muscles and tendons in the foot, they wasn't made to take that kind of force

OP is not lifting weights with her high-heeled squat, she's doing body weight squats in the heels.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I don't see how squatting in heels would be any different then getting low on the dance floor at a club haha. Seems like something I might have to try!

@mrsnathan.. EXACTLY! I agree with you 100%! If anything they prep you for better dance moves. :P

I don't see people complaining when girls are getting low in high heels at a club lol. Definitely prep you for better moves! Probably even improve your endurance!
  • BodyUnderConstruction
    Options
    Wearing heels in general is great! If you walk in them gracefully, you work your butt, work your back because you naturally stand taller, and you work your lower abs.
  • TropicTori
    Options
    and thats why i love a night out where i get to dance :)
  • StarvingKyy
    StarvingKyy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Guys, have you SEEN the things strippers do in their heels? I don't think squatting will be a problem if you're careful and you know what you're doing, ha ha ha ';D

I wear heels all the time. I run and jump and skip in my heels : )

Squatting in them will be different but I take that as a challenge :D
  • GoddessJuliya
    GoddessJuliya Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! :-)
  • tvnq
    tvnq Posts: 2
    Options
    if you arent steady in heels. u can simply wear your tennis shoes and place the heels of your feet on weights. this lifts your heel and you get the same result
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    :noway:

But really, you are supposed to have all the pressure on your heels and the outside edge of your foot when you squat. Converse or flat shoes work better than running shoes (I just learned this).
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    if you arent steady in heels. u can simply wear your tennis shoes and place the heels of your feet on weights. this lifts your heel and you get the same result

Great advice for a modification! : )
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Guys, have you SEEN the things strippers do in their heels? I don't think squatting will be a problem if you're careful and you know what you're doing, ha ha ha ';D

hahaha "challenge accepted!"
  • gingerlynnlove
    gingerlynnlove Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    OH I will definitely half to try this!
  • asalikin
    asalikin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My cubicle at work is in a hidden corner, so I sneak in exercises throughout the day... no more kicking off my heels when I do my squats! Definately gonna have to try this!!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I really would not suggest this at all. Your weight should be evenly distributed across your feet when squatting. This might seem fine when the weight is light but as you progress this will definitely become a problem and the injury risk is not worth the perceived benefit.
  • BeautifulButFat
    Options
    Squats in heels will give you a butt like woooooooooooooooooooooooooh!
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I wear heels all the time, but I'm not that brave. The threat of torn muscles is too much for me.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

Strippers wear heels? Never quite make it that far down their bodies.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Nuke-Timer-w-name_zps707dbcd1.gif
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't think I could squat in heels with 100+ pounds on my shoulders, so thanks but no thanks.
  • TillyMomma
    Options
    I've been seeing this more and more lately, but can't honestly fathom it myself. Heels by themselves are awful for your feet, but combine that with exercise? No thank you. Heels ruined my feet (and it bums me out, because I love them!), so I wouldn't attempt this. More power to you if you can, just be careful!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Squats on an incline are a legitimate exercise, my sports doctor actually reccomended them for part of my physio for patella tendonitis (body weight only). Like everything good form and stabilty before any weight is added. Maybe better just putting something under your heel or squatting on a ramp than in heels though