Would You Do This In Front of Your Spouse??

Options

Replies

• qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I leave my bathroom door open all the times, and bowel movements and periods are talked about. They are not gross, just normal activities.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Totally, it's not a good idea to judge your relationship in comparison to others :)

But, in the spirit of sharing, my husband and I definitely close the door, but what happens behind that closed door is up for discussion- usually in not so drastic detail.
    If I'm not comfortable with something, I just don't do it. I don't go around telling other people what they should or shouldn't do in their own relationships.
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Barbellsandthimbles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    When my husband and I first moved in to our house we had no doors (other than the front door). We got over the insecurities quickly! In fact, now that we have doors we rarely close them.
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    i dont just because it is uncomfertable to poo with people around... but it doesnt mean we dont talk about it after lol
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    The only thing I wouldnt do in front of my boyfriend is go poo or change a tampon.

Thats my PRIVATE time. Lol.

We been together over 7 years.

He however will do ANYTHING in front of me and he has...
  • rlbwalker
    rlbwalker Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We have been married 22 years. He has seen it ALL!! And He has done it all as well!! Our bathroom door doesn't close unless he is turning on a light and doesn't want to wake me. There is no one I am closer to. Our love is unconditional - no need to hide anything! He was at the birth of all 4 children! 2 were c-sections! He has seen parts of me I will never see!!! LOL sorry if that is TMI! If you cannot trust your spouse with your deepest darkest secrets or habits, who can you trust?!

After my first c-section I thought that he has seen things I didn't want him to see, but when I had my first natural birth after taking a laxative to get labor going....that was a whole other level. I figure if he is still with me after that....there is not too much more that can gross him out.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I never passed gas in front of my ex in the 7 years I knew him. I also never went to the bathroom with him in the room, but I made lots of potty humor jokes.
  • NSQuintana
    NSQuintana Posts: 207
    Options
    It totally depends on the individual, no wrong or right way I suppose, BUT...I don't fart, use the bathroom, try not to even burp rudely, or any of those other body functions in front of my husband. We have been together for 10 years and he has watched me birth 2 children, one very tramatically. However, I still like him to see me as a "girl", maybe I'm old-fashioned.

You're not "old-fashioned", we're on the exact same page & I couldn't agree with you more. I always want my fiance to be turned on by me and I don't think that's a crime.
  • bugsy2011
    bugsy2011 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think it's a fun post. . . On that note, whatever my wonderful husband saw my body go through while I was giving birth is, well, whatever he saw. . . I love him dearly, but some we do like to leave some mystery. . . like when we use the bathroom. . .yuck! I like some privacy when brush my hair and put on makeup, too. I think it's more a matter of liking some personal space in the latter instances than not wanting to share things with him. . .He has seen me in all sorts of yucky conditions: hemorrhaging after birth, smelly after marathons, sick after long runs, ill from all ends while pregnant....I don't want to hear him poop either. . . no thanks.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I have been married almost ten years and there is a joke around the family; it is not an official family meal until the bathroom talk is completed. We both shut even if not completely the door just as a courtesy muffles the sounds. Now of course this rule was implemented by my SO’s family and yes we were recently at a 75th wedding celebration and bathroom discussions were being held.
  • saturnine15
    saturnine15 Posts: 140
    Options
    I enjoy a good burping contest with my husband. I actually lock the bathroom door because he likes to run by when im in there and open the door and then run away laughing. Pooping is private. jeez.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Yep, anything and we'll talk about it too, though I tend to close the bathroom door as a courtesy \m/
  • ShannanRenae
    Options
    LMBO!!!!!!!!!! This is too funny, but I am different, I TRY not to pass gas in front of him, but what Ive noticed is that he will let one rip like nuttin happened & will come in the restroom while Im washing my face or showering & poop, like Im a ghost in the joint...who does that! GROSS! I like 2 be alone when Im pooping, thats my alone time!
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    We have been married almost 22 years. I think if it can be done it has been done. It is not uncommon for us to be in the bathroom together regarless of what is being done. When you gotta go you gotta go. :)

Although if it is a twosie I prefer to be alone! and yes we have discussed them too. He is jealous because my have more aroma then his! lol He is quite proud when he farts and it actually stinks!
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    In my family we do talk about poo, not like consistency but like frequency, we're big on fiber and are always happy when we go hehe.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    She gets REALLY upset with me if I try to show her a BM that I'm particularly proud of.

My husband has attempted this! What is it about men and their poop?? I mean, I'm not above a brief description, but I don't need to SEE it!!

My husband and I are pretty open aside from the #2 times and my monthly "lady time".
  • NicolettetheGreek
    NicolettetheGreek Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It totally depends on the individual, no wrong or right way I suppose, BUT...I don't fart, use the bathroom, try not to even burp rudely, or any of those other body functions in front of my husband. We have been together for 10 years and he has watched me birth 2 children, one very tramatically. However, I still like him to see me as a "girl", maybe I'm old-fashioned.

Wow, you must have extreme body control not to have farted in front of your guy in 10 years? Don't you ever eat Mexican? ha ha!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    We dont hide. Ive seen it all even a c-section. ...However I try to avoid the bathroom during TOM
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I do pretty much everything, but #2 in front of him.
  • zambodiare
    Options
    My husband and I do everything in front of each other. No lie......I've even been known to have him come into the bathroom and check out what just came out of me. HA!