Is there a good way to ask a girl out at a gas station?

Options

Replies

• roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I would be scared. I go into defense mode if someone even gets close to me when I'm pumping my gas. when i first got my license my mom scared me to death about locking my car while i was driving because of car jackers.
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I don't see why not. Think of it this way, what have you got to lose?
    if you don't talk to her you'll never know.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    If you are interested I say man up and tell her so.....if you don't take a chance you could be missing the opportunity to experience something amazing.
    I would be flattered.
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Is there any way to approach girls these days without creeping her out? lol if you're interested in a girl, regardless of where you two are then just go and talk to her. Just be polite, don't be too forward and be nice :)
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    In this economy? Offer to pay for her fuel, and that should guarantee you a 99% success rate on asking her out!
    Right?! I like the way you think! :flowerforyou:
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    In this economy? Offer to pay for her fuel, and that should guarantee you a 99% success rate on asking her out!

Now THAT would creep me out. I would feel like he is hinting that he would pay for something else if ya know what I mean.

How is that creepier than buying you a drink...or dinner?
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    If you are interested I say man up and tell her so.....if you don't take a chance you could be missing the opportunity to experience something amazing.
    I would be flattered.

I should say i would be flattered if I was single....since I am engaged, I prefer guys respect that and don't hit on me.:)
  • kh0215
    kh0215 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would rather be asked out at a gas station or other mundane place than a bar.
  • gonnadidit
    gonnadidit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Redneck date approach,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Get'n The Truck Biotch :laugh:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

Now THAT would creep me out. I would feel like he is hinting that he would pay for something else if ya know what I mean.

I wish a girl would creep on me in that way. I paid $70 last night to fill up!
  • Mommy2CCCC
    Mommy2CCCC Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with meeting someone at a gas station! I like what others have said, to offer to pump the gas for her. I really HATE pumping gas and I would be so impressed if someone offered to that for me. It is so unlady like to have to pump gas! So I say if you have the opportunity Go for it!
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    Ive had a guy come up to me while i was pumping gas...

Asked my name.
    If I was from around the area.
    What were my plans for the weekend.
    Asked for my number.

I like straight forward and confident.

This. I am single and if an attractive man did this, or even just gave me his card, I'd be game. And flattered!

guy walked up and asked your name? That seems.... unbelievable, there's no way that wouldn't be creepy, at least in the midwest it would be.

I can't envision a scenario where that would seem appropriate, for a random person to walk up to a stranger and ask their name.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Ive had a guy come up to me while i was pumping gas...

Asked my name.
    If I was from around the area.
    What were my plans for the weekend.
    Asked for my number.

I like straight forward and confident.

This. I am single and if an attractive man did this, or even just gave me his card, I'd be game. And flattered!

guy walked up and asked your name? That seems.... unbelievable, there's no way that wouldn't be creepy, at least in the midwest it would be.

I can't envision a scenario where that would seem appropriate, for a random person to walk up to a stranger and ask their name.
    Maybe in a situation that led to that person being arrested...
  • NinjaChickie
    NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I've had some guys approach me and ask about or complement my bike, they usually end up telling me how they had one or want one and we chat for a few minutes, but none ever ask for my name or number... I'd say about 50% probably would have gotten my number if they'd asked.. I just assumed they weren't interested.

lesson of the story: you wont get what you dont ask for!.
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    nope, no right way.
    anytime I get approached at a gas station I assume they're going to ask for change, so I'm already on my guard... kinda tough to start a friendly conversation.

well, i'll be there in my porsche, so i don't think anyone's going to be thinking i'm asking for change, although that would be funny, they look behind me and see the convertible porsche and i'm asking for a dollar LOL
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Sure there is a right way. You step out of your Ferrari and say hello. Let her take it from there....
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

I wish a girl would creep on me in that way. I paid $70 last night to fill up!

Not saying I wouldn't accept the gesture, I would accept and leave quickly. lol
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    It def depends on how you approach her, people have literally told me the "you have a nice mouth" line...YUCK!!!

If you go up to her, honest and sincere-it'll be obvious. Also if you're going up to her only thinking about how hot she is you'll prob crash and burn, Go with the intention that she will say yes.

I would just go up to her and say-look, i know this seems like horrible timing/place but something wouldn't let me leave without talking to you or something like that...poke a little fun about it being at a gas station first because then she'll know you aren't a creeper and do this all the time! Then introduce yourself and tell her a little something-keep it short though, usually when I stop for gas I either just realized I needed it and am on my way to school or work. Be confident, honest and short :)
    i truly believe that if you're drawn to someone that much, no matter where it is, you should talk to them-or at least try. Otherwise you'll just be thinking what if the rest of your life.
    good luck, and yes make sure there is no ring on the finger!
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    Sure there is a right way. You step out of your Ferrari and say hello. Let her take it from there....

i don't have a Ferrari. I have a Porsche.
    14505303_5597.jpg
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I already feel very uneasy when I'm at gas stations. I'm so focused on getting gas and quickly leaving (especially if I'm by myself)... So I don't know if it would be best for a guy to come up to me and ask me out.