Walden Farms products

Options
sjeagle30
sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
Has anyone tried any of these. They have a ton and their website is waldenfarms.com they have bbq sauce, salad dressing, syrup, ketchup, mayo, etc. Fat free, calorie free, carb free, sugar free, gluten free, etc. Curious of the taste!

Replies

• TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    To be that free in all those things, makes me wonder how processed they are.
  • Bingette1
    Options
    That doesn't sound like they are being all that truthful.. Sounds fishy to me! I'd do some research ;)
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    ive had them, and i like the dressings. :) very vinegar based tho. thats why they have no cals.
  • MeMountainMom
    MeMountainMom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bump
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Yes I use their salad dressings all the time!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I have had the bbq sauce, maple syrup, the strawberry syrup, and the chocolate sauce. They are all pretty good. The maple syrup is real close if not better than regular maple syrup. And yes they full of unnatural ingredients.
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Check out the sodium!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    If a serving size is less than five calories, they can call it zero. Even if it isn't.

Just a warning to those who might go all buck-wild on those foods. (Not that likely since most of them taste bad)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I've used the pancake syrup. It was good, but it's too expensive
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I tried their salad dressings and didn't care for them. Their other products tend to have bad reviews. I would look online at amazon.com or netrition.com and check out the reviews.
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I've used the pancake syrup. It was good, but it's too expensive

how many pancakes are you eating?! lol
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    :tongue: or taste free
    this is what it says.Walden Farms irresistibly sweet calorie free specialties are prepared with real fruit extracts, concentrated natural flavors, rich cocoa and other natural ingredients, all sweetened with Splenda. Our savory specialties are made with hundreds of freshly ground herbs and spices, concentrated natural flavors and the finest aged imported and domestic vinegars.
    I guess they do contain some sodium but lower than normal.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I've tried the pancake syrup and the chocolate sauce. Both are really good. You should try it.
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I tried the dressings and they tasted like *kitten*. Waste of four bucks. I won't even bother with the rest of their products.
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    they are disgusting and taste terrible....waste of money....
  • juicyfruitkk
    juicyfruitkk Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I think it's all going to boil down to if you like the taste. I've tried a strawberry jam, the chocolate sauce and 2 dressings (honey mustard and ranch)....honestly, if I could give them to you I would. I think they have a "fake" taste to them (yes I know its low fat/cal). The honey mustard is the only one I don't think has a chemical taste to it. I know mend-a-body recommends a lot of these but I guess I'd rather eat healthy & REAL stuff in moderation than put a chemical crap storm in my body to save calories. Good luck!
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I like the chipolte dressing, and some of the other products, the carmel syrup and chocolate syrup...I mix them in stuff to add flavor...
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    didn't like the dressings or peanut butter spread (although it is ok to add to shakes). I like the bbq sauce, pancake syrup and chocolate sauce. Haven't tried any others but wonder about the caramel and marshmallow dips.
  • luvsherhubby
    luvsherhubby Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I was intrigued at first but they all contain suclarose or aspartame - an artifical sweetner that is chemical and dangerous, its even contained in rat poisin (sp) dont ask me why the fda thinks its safe. Do some research almost all calorie free options are calorie free bc they use this chemical to add "flavor" without the calories. I use bolthouse farms ranch for dressing all natural and 45 calories for 2 tbs and tastes DEVINE! I have yet to find a syrup option that is low cal though but im not willing to eat that chemical to have it.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I've tried the asian and the seseme ginger and they are both good.