Am I destined to a life without chips? :(

Options

Replies

• samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Popchips, they're popped, not baked or fried. 4 grams of fat and 120 calories. They are located in the organic section at my grocery store. They're really good, and they don't taste healthy :love: They taste like potato chips and they come in lots of flavors.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    You deserve a fit body and a long & healthy life; chips will not get you either. Choose health & tell yourself you're worth it!

that's plain crazy talk right there. please ... stop the crazy.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Eat the chips. If you want to stick with this forever, you've got to be able to eat your favorite things in moderation. Get the 1 ounce bags or measure out your own.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    You deserve a fit body and a long & healthy life; chips will not get you either. Choose health & tell yourself you're worth it!

that's plain crazy talk right there. please ... stop the crazy.

I agree!

You also deserve a happy life and cutting foods that you like completely out of your diet is not going to make you happy in the long run. It's all about balance people!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Special K chips in ranch flavor are REALLY good. I was a big chip person and i love these. Even my kids try to steal them ;)
  • Andrewcpimpin
    Andrewcpimpin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    After reading labels and stuff I found that baked chips or crackers or triscuts are no better so have your regular chips if you want them popcorn is a good substitute. It takes 11 meals to change an eating habbit or acquire a taste for somethin g. I replaced my lunch chips with a carrot and love it. Even look forward to it. Even better celery very refreshing.
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I think you can still have chips, but in moderation, maybe once a week but only have a serving...Nuts, I eat special K cracker chips, I like carrot chips, cherry tomato's...
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Pepperidge Farm Baked Naturals. SO FREAKING GOOD
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I know it might sound strange, but try olive oil seaweed. It's available at Koren and Japanese stores. They're salty and crispy and only about 2 calories each "chip". Super healthy for you too.
  • sherronh
    sherronh Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    lays has these new LIGHT CHIPS about 75 cals a serving!
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    To be honest I just eat crisps(chips)! I don't know what it's like where you are but over in the UK it's easy to find an okay bag of crisps, I buy multipacks so the bags are smaller and most of them come in under 100 calories.
  • bananapotamus4
    Options
    Count out your chips beforehand, and make note of the nutrition info. I refuse to live without chips. In fact, I'm going to have ten right now. BBQ Lays, too--none of that sissy stuff. Good luck!

Oh, yeah---I like pretzels, too!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Could you just eat the chips you like and get used to a portion-controlled serving? I refuse to eat baked, diet or otherwise 'faux' chips. So, I just measure out my regular Ruffles, Tostitos or Pringles on my food scale and make sure the serving fits within my calorie goals for the day. :-)
  • TurnLeftNow
    TurnLeftNow Posts: 171
    Options
    They have those really small bags of single serving chip bags. I have seen some cheetos single bags for 160 calories for the bag. They sell them in singles too so you can just buy one or two. I would say try and find the single serving bags, or the 100 calorie packs they have of things. Those work really well!

Or you can buy a bag of chips and portion them out into baggies of serving sizes.
  • mamaw322
    mamaw322 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love chips too, there is just something about them that makes a sandwich better! I have recently discovered the Kellogs Special K cracker chips. 27 chips for 110 calories. I usually find that 1/2 that amount is plenty to go with a sandwich!
  • gastankerdriver
    Options
    Ding dongs! Next time you want some chips, just eat 3 packages of Ding Dongs instead. Did that help?
  • nabauer86
    nabauer86 Posts: 39
    Options
    I was the same way, I loved the kettle cooked chips :) But, my biggest weakness was donuts. After a little over a month now of eating healthy, and cutting out sugars and processed foods, I don't even crave junk food anymore. I actually saw a documentary about the additives they put in chips to keep you addicted. Once you break that addiction you're more likely to reach for a few celery sticks (or something along those lines) than a bag of chips.
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    pretzel crisps are baller. Thin like chips, but kind of pretzel-y, you can get them in flavors and junk. om nom nom.
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I love how this guy is threading breast cancer posts through a topic about chips. LMAO.