Tastes expensive
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Tastes like a sales victory.
  • effiek
    effiek Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like it a lot, though I have to blend it with ice (chocolate scoop, 8oz water, 5 ice cubes) or it just doesn't taste right. I have a blender ball cup, which is fine, but not my thing. if you do the tropical flavor, definitely do 12-16 oz of water (almond milk is better) since it's more chalky--it's a different kind of protein, so the texture is different than the chocolate. I can't stand the smell of the greenberry, but hey, that's just me :)
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Tastes like hard earned money going in the trash

LMAO that is what I thought!
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i have mine with almond milk, almond butter and i throw in some regular chopped almonds. I've had it with just water when i was deployed not as good but you can buy a little shaker and add milk or something to it and make it on the run
  • katkle
    katkle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the taste--too grainy like others have said--but when I tried it, I spent practically the entire day in the bathroom afterwards. Talk about a cleanser!
  • arantm
    arantm Posts: 1
    Options
    I got my first bag this weekend. I have had 3 shakes: ice & 1 cup almond milk; strawberries, 1/2 c almond milk & 1/2 water, 1/2 c almond milk, 1/2 c water and 3/4 of a scoop. All 3 do not taste good to me. I can't figure out what it is since I am used to drinking meal replacement shakes. It has the too-sweet-Stevia aftertaste that I hate. I can gag it down when I drink it fast. I am going to try mixing it up the night before so that it gets good and cold and try it that way. Not sure how to make it better. I might try the banana and almond or peanut butter. Thank goodness there is a 30 day money back guarantee if I can't make it work. I hope I can since it is so nutritious and people have said such good things about the positive effects it has had for them.
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    All I can say is WHYYYYYYYYYYYY? There are so many other better options and you will learn how to feed yourself when you transition to a maintenance plan. I get it if you are using them when you have no other options, but otherwise I don't follow. My kidneys work wonderful and liquid foods leave me feeling hungry far faster.
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    MSM is necessary for collagen synthesis

There is no proof that is the case at all. Organic sulfur compounds are biologically necessary for many processes, not just the proper formation of collagen ( hair, skin, nails . . .). MSM and other sulfur compounds occur naturally in MANY food in sufficient quantities if you are eating a balanced diet. Especially if you consume animal protein.

From the European Food Safety Authority
    http://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/efsajournal/pub/1746.htm

"
  • Sherrie_B
    Sherrie_B Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will have to say I thought it would taste better. I have chocolate added Milk & ice. I am having trouble getting it down. I think I will try almond milk with it, but from advertising people are saying " I was upset it was all gone" I am definitely not there with it.
  • lstethers
    lstethers Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My friend gave me a sample packet of the greenberry shakeology because I wanted to see what all the hype was about. I tried it this morning in the blender w/ almond milk and ice. NASTY! I added a frozen banana and some vanilla which improved it some. I choked down half of it. My 6 year old came into the kitchen, saw my face and asked "If that tastes so bad why are you drinking it?" Good point, son. So I stopped drinking it.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I assume it tastes like lies.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I'm too busy to care it says smell instead of taste...

tumblr_m9p2yoer4v1rok42b.gif
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

dingding
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I have been looking more into Shakeology. Can someone give me any input about one of the ingrediants: methylsulfonylmethane?

Based on the info I've read methylsulfonylmethane doesn't seem to provide any specific purpose. So why add it in at all?

Its a bit concerning.

Methylsulfonylmethane is MSM, which is what most people know it as. MSM is necessary for collagen synthesis: skin and is believed to relieve stress, asthma, arthritis, inflammation, constipation, candida, detoxify the body and increase blood circulation, reduce muscle cramps, and back pain, help muscles to heal, increases energy, alertness, mental calmness, and the ability to concentrate. MSM scavenges free radicals, relieves allergies to food and pollens, helps the liver produce choline, controls acidity in stomach and ulcers, coats intestinal tract so parasites lose ability to hang on, helps with hypersensitivity to drugs, increases body’s ability to produce insulin, is important for carbohydrate metabolism, and speeds wound healing.

Many people take MSM w/ Glucosamine & Chondroitin, which is often how you'll find it bundled in the pharmacy aisles.

I don't love it mixed with water (blender, almond milk & ice for me), but that's how my husband drinks his at work. No more psoriasis for him and no more dermatitis/eczema for me. I'm an ingredient nut/label read/foodie too. :)

That's not what I found on an internet search.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I've only ever tried it with water. Even then it's the best tasting meal replacement shake I've ever tried.
  • Jennrich0725
    Jennrich0725 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I LOVE shakeology...I add stuff to mine. Like my kids love the banana split (add banana, strawberries, pineapple) I love adding banana and a tbls of peanut butter. It is delicious but expensive. We have a shake every morning. But because I make 3 of them it gets expensive so I have switched to the whey powder. Not the same as shakeology but it still is great.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is one of my favorite meals of the day. All of the flavors are great when mixed with water only. However, chocolate goes best with almond milk; at least for me. It's not too bad with just water though. I also personally do not enjoy vanilla with water only, but it's amazing every other way, especially when blending in fruits.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options

x100