2nd Best Guitar Player of All Time

Options

Replies

• iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Beck, Page, SRV, Steve Vai, Stanley Gordon, Al Dimeola, all are better EVH. Vai probably the best.
    Bass players: Les Claypool, Getty Lee, Flea, Steve Harris, Cliff Burton

And don't bother arguing my list, I respect the opinion of REAL musicians, ones who've made a living doing this and even played with a few of rhe greats listed above.

um ok, so I am a real musician and there is not way any of those guys are better than EVH, ESPECIALLY Vai, Gordon and Dimeola...all good players, but nto better. Good bye

On your bass list, you forgot Billy Sheehan, but the list is up there...also it is Geddy Lee...I respect guy who know how to spell the names of their heroes.

My phone must have corrected it. And I agree with Billy from Maiden love that guy. As far as your arguement about being a real musician not one guitarist I know would put Eddie at #1, top 10 sure, not #1.

I know someone who played with EVH and Zakk Wylde, I value his opinion a bit more.

Well Billy Sheehen was never in Maiden, that would be Steve Harris, another very good player and excellent writer. YOu must know some jealous players, because EVH is the king and you ask any player from 78 utnil now and they will almost always tell u that.

Listen to their new album, I promise you will be blown away.
  • Masachapa
    Masachapa Posts: 79
    Options
    Lead....Alex Lifeson.

Bass....Geddy Lee.

Nuff said.
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    My personal favorites are John McLaughlin, Frank Zappa, Eric Johnson, and the usual cast of Guitar heroes already mentioned.
  • deineira
    deineira Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I think we have confirmed that I am right and all of you are wrong, so let's start with out next less controversial topic.

ABORTION!

You are TOO funny!
  • iam_thatdude
    Options
    I think we have confirmed that I am right and all of you are wrong, so let's start with out next less controversial topic.

ABORTION!

You are TOO funny!

Actually, I am just the right amount of funny.
  • Billywoo
    Billywoo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love me some Warren Haynes!!! Of course Dimebag Darrell was just well.....the best. I hear that he tried for years to buy Eddie VanHalen's red guitar with the stripes on it and he wouldn't sell it. Then when dimebag died, Eddie put it in his casket. Rumor??? who know's.... lol
  • deineira
    Options
    I'm going to throw a bomb and say Jerry Garcia!
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Keith f**king Richards!

ETA: Not sure why my picture wouldn't load. Damn.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Mark Mothersbaugh

Danny Elfman

Lady Gaga

Did I miss anyone? Oh yeah. Beiber.

/endthread
  • iam_thatdude
    Options
    I love me some Warren Haynes!!! Of course Dimebag Darrell was just well.....the best. I hear that he tried for years to buy Eddie VanHalen's red guitar with the stripes on it and he wouldn't sell it. Then when dimebag died, Eddie put it in his casket. Rumor??? who know's.... lol

Eddie put the Yellow and black Frankenstein in Dimebag's casket.
  • iam_thatdude
    Options

now THATS funny...its like you're driving that train....
  • iam_thatdude
    Options
    Keith f**king Richards!

KeithRichardskeith.jpg

is really f**king overrated...good writer tho
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    there is a video on youtube of lil wayne playing a "guitar solo."

it seriously made me consider quitting life.
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Really - no John Petrucci love yet?
  • deineira
    Options

now THATS funny...its like you're driving that train....

Well, obviously the competition is fierce. Go big or go home!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    The only musician in the Rock and Roll Hall Fame with 3 different groups!!

Eric Clapton is #1
  • iam_thatdude
    Options
    Mark Mothersbaugh

Danny Elfman

Lady Gaga

/endthread

ok Princess MuscleWoman u dont get to end my thread! I fight on!

Now I say EVH is the best keyboard player too! HAHAHAHA
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Buckethead freak here, this is a hard one though lol, what style? Yngwie Malmsteen is beast, Segovia, Rip Dimebag...Also what about bassists? They dont ever get any credit

You've got great taste in guitarists. Except for Dimebag Darrell, I don't get that one. But Buckethead, Malmsteen, and Segovia are all titans. :smile:
  • w_i_n_d_y
    w_i_n_d_y Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Beck, Page, SRV, Steve Vai, Stanley Gordon, Al Dimeola, all are better EVH. Vai probably the best.
    Bass players: Les Claypool, Getty Lee, Flea, Steve Harris, Cliff Burton

And don't bother arguing my list, I respect the opinion of REAL musicians, ones who've made a living doing this and even played with a few of rhe greats listed above.

um ok, so I am a real musician and there is not way any of those guys are better than EVH, ESPECIALLY Vai, Gordon and Dimeola...all good players, but nto better. Good bye

On your bass list, you forgot Billy Sheehan, but the list is up there...also it is Geddy Lee...I respect guy who know how to spell the names of their heroes.

My phone must have corrected it. And I agree with Billy from Maiden love that guy. As far as your arguement about being a real musician not one guitarist I know would put Eddie at #1, top 10 sure, not #1.

I know someone who played with EVH and Zakk Wylde, I value his opinion a bit more.

Well Billy Sheehen was never in Maiden, that would be Steve Harris, another very good player and excellent writer. YOu must know some jealous players, because EVH is the king and you ask any player from 78 utnil now and they will almost always tell u that.g,

Listen to their new album, I promise you will be blown away.

I was thinking of Harris, Billy was in that David Lee Roth band right?

I'll save my money thanks. =)
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Mark Mothersbaugh

Danny Elfman

Lady Gaga

/endthread

ok Princess MuscleWoman u dont get to end my thread! I fight on!

Now I say EVH is the best keyboard player too! HAHAHAHA

This is why you're a cool guy. EVH can run for Best Hair, but Beiber still kinda has him.

I'm going to say EVH is 2nd and David Lee Roth is 1st. Eat it.