Ladies: Three Day Rule?

Options
In dating, does the three day rule apply or is it ok to call or text her sooner? Never gave it much thought but now I'm curious what you think.

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Call whenever you want. Those rules are stupid.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    You'll never win.

Some will say call the next day.
    Some will say that's too soon
    Some will say 3 days is too long.

Do what you feel like doing.
  • MrLeeParker
    Options

That's what I think but I actually know people, men and women, who swear by it.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    If you like her call her. I'd actually be pretty psyched if my date called me right after the date to say he had fun.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    ^^That. Most women I know would assume there was no interest and write a guy off if he didn't call for three days...unless he said he was going to be out of town or something.
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    on our first date, my husband dropped me off at home and called me 20 minutes later. I was thrilled :love:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options

That's what I think but I actually know people, men and women, who swear by it.

Then those people are a waste of effing time.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    If the date went well and you really liked her, call her the next day. If you wait three days, she is going to think you aren't into her, and when you finally do get around to making the call, she will have already turned into the psycho "why didn't you call me?" chick, all because you wanted to play games.

If the date was okay and you're open to seeing her again but you weren't blown away and may be thinking about making plans with someone else, it's okay to wait a day or two longer and give it more thought.
  • xarla16
    xarla16 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Don't call too soon. I had a guy call me an hour after our first date , freaked me right out.
  • HealthyNFit4Life
    HealthyNFit4Life Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Do what you feel is right. If it went really well, you can call her that night or the next day. 3 days is kind of long. When a guy calls me 3 days later I feel like he's not really into me.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options

Completely agree
  • whitetiger011680
    whitetiger011680 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    If you like her call her. I'd actually be pretty psyched if my date called me right after the date to say he had fun.

this^^^
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    on our first date, my husband dropped me off at home and called me 20 minutes later. I was thrilled :love:
    I got the "Let me know you're home safely" line at the end of my first date with my SO. I'll never know if he was genuinely concerned or just wanted to put the ball in my court, either way it worked perfectly. That was almost five years ago.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    If you're texting her or calling her to tell her that you had a good time, and would like to do it again, anywhere from the minute you walk away to the next day is fine.

If you're texting her or calling her to tell her that she is the love of your life and you want to marry her and have babies and grow old together (after the first date!), that's kinda creepy.

Girls like me don't want you to play games. If there's a spark, why wait 3 days to confirm it? If she texts back or feels the same way about wanting to go out again, she'll let you know. IMO, the 3 day rule should be abolished.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Call her the next day, then say "Mary?" "Wait, no, Kelly?"
    when she tells you her name then be all "Ohhhhh, the one with the (wrong color hair)."
  • voyasertanperfecto
    Options
    If you're in to her, call the next day, in my opinion.

If someone called me right after the date, I'd find them a bit to eager and clingy.

If you call on the 2nd day, it's like you're not really in to them, but giving it a 2nd chance.

If you call on the 3rd day, it's like you've made other plans and they fell through, so you called the chick back because she's the last option... However, texting right after is fine by me.

You'll get a feel by what you should do after you go out with the person though, don't sweat it :)
  • fitbydons
    fitbydons Posts: 19
    Options
    How did you leave the last date? Did you say you would call/text her? If you said you would call, maybe text her to see what time suits her - I always found that quite considerate of my boy. Rules are silly. If she is worried about the rules, next.
  • natashamcn
    natashamcn Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    In dating, does the three day rule apply or is it ok to call or text her sooner? Never gave it much thought but now I'm curious what you think.

If you're into her let her know. Most mature women don't want a guy who plays head games. Send her a text to let her know you had a good time and if she writes back call her the next day to set up a second date.
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    I'd feel a little sad if a guy didn't contact me for that long after a date :(
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Call her the next day, then say "Mary?" "Wait, no, Kelly?"
    when she tells you her name then be all "Ohhhhh, the one with the (wrong color hair)."

Hysterical!!!

Ok, now, to answer the question, there is no need to wait three days. Especially as connected as we are in society. Three days can come off as you're not interested. I know for me a simple text can make me smile big time.