Ladies: Three Day Rule?

Options

Replies

• avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    really? Three day rule? So that's why I was always left wondering if the guy had a good time for a couple of days?

I wouldn't wait MORE than three days if you want to arrange another date. But I don't think there's anything wrong with calling the next day or afternoon to say you had a nice time and hope to do it again soon. The same night is a bit creepy though.
  • RichLove1
    RichLove1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow, really interesting getting a female perspective on this as I've often wondered myself. I think there's definitely legs in the 'keep them mean...' saying but judging from the female's perspective it isn't overly appreciated (some number deletions after two days, ladies really!?)

To play devils advocate, if a guy does wait three days then calls doesn't it make it all the more worth it when the call actually comes through? That's the whole idea isn't it?

As for me, I usually go with gut instinct, if I've had a nice date with a lady I will usually send an appreciative text to say thank you that night and not necessarily leading anywhere, just guage the response from the lady and go from there. The 'let me know you're home safe' is a good one also, as it sets up an opening for a dialogue and timeframe without implying anything too much.

I think the advice to go with gut instinct is pretty good, if you had a real connection you'll know if it feels right to text sooner - just don't be over eager or call/text too much.
  • JamesOfLondon
    JamesOfLondon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Call whenever you want. Those rules are stupid.

Yep.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Listen to your heart...the book of love has no rules...
  • JamesOfLondon
    Options

I found a copy of that as a young lad.

No rules, but so many different positions...
  • elenathegreat
    Options

Grasshopper, you are wise in the ways of the world...
  • JamesOfLondon
    Options

True.

I need to found a cult or some such thing.

Any volunteers for High Priestess / Lead Handmaiden?!

...no, not you Rich. We both know it didn't work out well last time mate.
  • elenathegreat
    Options

True.

Alas, Kitties cannot be restricted to the confines of any sort of organized religion
  • amc2509
    amc2509 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I once met a guy who called me so often my friends said he was a stalker... they were really worried! He freaked me out a bit too, it was like everytime I opened my door he was standing there... He asked me to marry him every day for about 2 months, 6 weeks after I met him!

Eventually I caved in :) So persistence pays off... we've been married 8 years and have 2 lovely kids.... and he still calls or texts me several times a day :) Wouldn't change him for the world... so I say, GO AHEAD AND RING HER :)
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    maybe in your experience it does. i think it differs person to person.

i loved it! if guy number 1 and guy number 4 had waited 48-72 hrs to call me, i probably would not have gone out with them again. i was into them, and i liked that they were interested and wanted to keep in touch. i think i would have been turned off if they had appeared to have better things going on than talk to me again.

i think the reason it would rub me wrong is that, prior to that first date, there is often daily or every other day contact ( trying to set something up, get a feeling for the other person). then, after the date 2-3 days with NO contact? it screams to me, " i was interested til i went out with you, then after meeting you i changed my mind. now, i'm calling because i have no better prospects on the horizon...." at least that's how i take it.
    48-72 hrs make her wonder and dont text, make the call-Ty

We actually hate this 48-72 hour thing. It's a game. If you like her, CALL!
    Noooo anything sooner wreaks of being desperate-Ty
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    there is a male relationship coach that blogs online and offers free enews letters. i have been reading his stuff for several months now and i find it very eye opening. since he's a guy he approaches everything from a guys point of view, but he works FOR women!!!! he is a woman's dating coach!!!

he talks about this kind of stuff, and way more. it does help to see how the mind of a man works :-)
  • JamesOfLondon
    Options

True.

Alas, Kitties cannot be restricted to the confines of any sort of organized religion

Semi-organised?

Anarchistic Handmaiden in Chief...!
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    In dating, does the three day rule apply or is it ok to call or text her sooner? Never gave it much thought but now I'm curious what you think.

If you feel like calling or texting, call or text - preferably a call. Hubs asked me for my number on a Saturday and called me the next day for a date. If it's the right person, there is no such thing as too soon to call/text, IMO. The three day rule is just another stupid dating "game" that people play.
  • sareid77
    sareid77 Posts: 11
    Options
    Rules are over rated. Especially that one. If you like her, let her know!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    All that is meant to do is make it seem like you aren't desperate, which for *most* women is a turn off. If you can avoid coming off that way, calle whenever you want. I personally think waiting exactly three days and calling sounds just as desperate as calling 5 minutes later, since it's not like folks haven't heard of the rule by now.
  • AbbyHoopi
    AbbyHoopi Posts: 48
    Options

I agree!! If you went on a date, got a number, etc... CALL HER!! She will think you aren't interested if you don't!
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Three days is too long. I would think the guy didn't have any interest if he waited that long. I would expect a call the next day if I thought things went well.
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    If you want to talk to someone, DO IT! Don't wait. If she likes talking to you, she wants you to call and will be more upset if you don't.
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    If she doesn't want you to call her for three days, or is freaked out by you calling the next day, then I'd say move on to the next girl. You shouldn't have to play games.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options

Completely agree

My dating days are long over with and since I'm probably as old as your Mom (but a COOL Mom), I'd say DO THIS!!
    Call her, go ahead, what are you waiting for?? She'll love it.......