Ladies: Three Day Rule?

Options

Replies

• sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    If you like her call her. I'd actually be pretty psyched if my date called me right after the date to say he had fun.
    \

This is my strategy. Call when you want to call. I don't mentally count down three days until I expect to hear from a guy, quite frankly I think he's forgotten me by then. If you go out with someone and she's on your mind and you want to contact her sooner, do it.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Oh hell no, I don't play those stupid games. I call when I feel like calling. And if a girl decides to wait 3 days to call me back I probably won't answer.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    There's only one relationship rule, and that is be yourself from the beginning.

If you want to talk to her call her, if not don't. Nature will take its course.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    On our first date we left each other at 9pm and he text me 30 mins later to make sure I made it home ok, then we talked for an hour after that. I thought it was very sweet and let me know he was indeed into me. We have been together 3 years now. Good luck
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The three day rule was originally created on the mistaken belief that leaving a girl hanging will make it seem like you're not desperate.

Now that everyone knows about the three day rule, it makes you seem desperate to not appear desperate, so you just look ... desperate.

Call when you want.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Call whenever you want. Those rules are stupid.
    ^^That. Most women I know would assume there was no interest and write a guy off if he didn't call for three days...unless he said he was going to be out of town or something.
    ^^^This. If you haven't called I awesome you are playing a game and write you off. I hate all the stupid rules. If you had a good time and like a girl let her know.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    RULES ARE STUPID!!

If you're playing by the rules, you're going to deal with another gameplayer or worse, the non-game player will NEXT you (like I would) because they think you're not interested in them and more interested in playing games.

My bf called me the next day.. he actually asked me out for our 2nd date DURING the 1st date. He's called everyday, came by almost everyday and broken whatever else rule is in the book. We both agreed to not play games and just like each other freely.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Lol. All the girls saying the rules are stupid. Lol. Thats because they don't want to be played, they just want the real deal, which I can understand. If a woman likes you today, she'll also like you 3 days from now. If she doesn't, then she's not worth your time. That's part of the test. Also, the 3 days serves as a cooling off period. You can think about and evaluate the date rather than thinking with your d*ck.

The key though, which you probably did not do, is to be sure and set the expectations before the date ended. So somewhere in there you let her know that you have a busy week ahead and you'll be in touch in a few days, or something like that so she knows what's up. If you don't do that, because they're women, they'll get all pissy that you didn't call right away.

The rules are not hard and fast and written in stone. But, they do serve a purpose.

The 3 day rule (and by the way, there are different theories, anywhere from 3 days to 1 week) is there for a couple reasons. I would say that if you call before 24 hours, you will seems clingy and needy, like you don't have a life. Now, in some cases, that's ok, because maybe she is the same way. Lol

It's hard to figure out.

I think because you didn't set the expectation as to what the next step will be, you should wait 24 hours, then call. Just my opinion.

Two things about women:
    1) always have a plan A and a plan B, on a date and lead, but in a nice way
    2) always set the expectation for what will happen next (will you call her in a few days, will you call to set up a date, will you want to do something again next weekend?...just let her know. The relieves her stress if she doesnt hear back immediately. If you leave her hanging, she might think you're not into her, even if you totally are.

Women are cool if you tell them, "I'll call you on Thursday, when I have some time to relax. Is that ok?"

I don't think it's actually a game, as everyone calls it. It's more time management and just letting the other person know your intentions. Not so much a game.

I don't think the ladies would disagree with me.
  • stephslosinglbs
    stephslosinglbs Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    There are no rules! If a guy waited 3 days to call I'd think he wasn't really interested. And call, don't text!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    What it boils down to is this... someone who is not needy, clingy or desperate doesn't need to try to not appear needy, clingy or desperate.

Someone confident and secure doesn't care how something might make them "appear."
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Lol. All the girls saying the rules are stupid. Lol. Thats because they don't want to be played, they just want the real deal, which I can understand. If a woman likes you today, she'll also like you 3 days from now. If she doesn't, then she's not worth your time. That's part of the test. Also, the 3 days serves as a cooling off period. You can think about and evaluate the date rather than thinking with your d*ck.

The key though, which you probably did not do, is to be sure and set the expectations before the date ended. So somewhere in there you let her know that you have a busy week ahead and you'll be in touch in a few days, or something like that so she knows what's up. If you don't do that, because they're women, they'll get all pissy that you didn't call right away.

The rules are not hard and fast and written in stone. But, they do serve a purpose.

The 3 day rule (and by the way, there are different theories, anywhere from 3 days to 1 week) is there for a couple reasons. I would say that if you call before 24 hours, you will seems clingy and needy, like you don't have a life. Now, in some cases, that's ok, because maybe she is the same way. Lol

It's hard to figure out.

I think because you didn't set the expectation as to what the next step will be, you should wait 24 hours, then call. Just my opinion.

Two things about women:
    2) always set the expectation for what will happen next (will you call her in a few days, will you call to set up a date, will you want to do something again next weekend?...just let her know. The relieves her stress if she doesnt hear back immediately. If you leave her hanging, she might think you're not into her, even if you totally are.

Women are cool if you tell them, "I'll call you on Thursday, when I have some time to relax. Is that ok?"

I don't think it's actually a game, as everyone calls it. It's more time management and just letting the other person know your intentions. Not so much a game.

You are right - a woman will like a guy 3 days from now if she really likes him now. A woman doesn't want to be played and does like being well-informed. So, your advice is decent. However, I don't think alleging a busy week just to buy yourself a few days before you call her again is completely honest. It's still game-playing. It's just more subtle.

My hubby called me the next day and he did not come across needy, clingy or lacking a life. I certainly wasn't any of those things, either - I was a single mom, owned my own home, worked FT, involved in church, etc. It actually worked in his favor that he called the next day b/c I figured he would be a "typical guy" and wait 3 days to call. When he called right away, he got my attention.

So, I still say call when it feels right to call - not when society deems it acceptable to call.

JMHO
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    What it boils down to is this... someone who is not needy, clingy or desperate doesn't need to try to not appear needy, clingy or desperate.

Someone confident and secure doesn't care how something might make them "appear."

Amen! Well said. :)
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    If someone waits three days to call me, I've lost interest.

I don't have an attention span for that kind of neglect.

An immidiate "great date!" text has me hooked.
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options

Completely disagree. Everyone is different. Some people have emotions that are pretty even.... they don't get too high, they don't get too low. Some people have personalities that take them on wild swings.....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

As someone who can easily get carried away by emotion, it's imperative that I take a moment to contemplate my actions sometimes, lest I act rashly. Maybe that makes me an insecure loser with no confidence. Or maybe it just makes me human... either way, I don't see anything wrong with putting a little consideration into how my actions might be perceived by others. In fact, I would label that as being "considerate".... YMMV.
  • neverstray
    Options

It's hard to figure out.

Two things about women:

You are right - a woman will like a guy 3 days from now if she really likes him now. A woman doesn't want to be played and does like being well-informed. So, your advice is decent. However, I don't think alleging a busy week just to buy yourself a few days before you call her again is completely honest. It's still game-playing. It's just more subtle.

My hubby called me the next day and he did not come across needy, clingy or lacking a life. I certainly wasn't any of those things, either - I was a single mom, owned my own home, worked FT, involved in church, etc. It actually worked in his favor that he called the next day b/c I figured he would be a "typical guy" and wait 3 days to call. When he called right away, he got my attention.

So, I still say call when it feels right to call - not when society deems it acceptable to call.

JMHO

Maybe. I actually am super busy most of the time, so it's the truth. I just mean you don't want to seem like you just sit around watching tv all the time and really have nothing else going on in your life. And, if that is the case, besides it being sad, you need to disguise it. Lol.
  • neverstray
    Options

Completely disagree. Everyone is different. Some people have emotions that are pretty even.... they don't get too high, they don't get too low. Some people have personalities that take them on wild swings.....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

As someone who can easily get carried away by emotion, it's imperative that I take a moment to contemplate my actions sometimes, lest I act rashly. Maybe that makes me an insecure loser with no confidence. Or maybe it just makes me human... either way, I don't see anything wrong with putting a little consideration into how my actions might be perceived by others. In fact, I would label that as being "considerate".... YMMV.

Yep, I'm the king of "let's drive to Vegas and get married". I am known to be pretty spur of the moment and jumping in all the way. So, for me and my personality, it's actually considerate for me to take a few days and regroup. Otherwise I might tell you I love you and want to move to Tuscany that evening. And, actually do it. Lol.
  • opus649
    Options

Yep, I'm the king of "let's drive to Vegas and get married". I am known to be pretty spur of the moment and jumping in all the way. So, for me and my personality, it's actually considerate for me to take a few days and regroup. Otherwise I might tell you I love you and want to move to Tuscany that evening. And, actually do it. Lol.

Nice post. Want to be best friends?
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

Good stuff.

You're cute.
  • neverstray
    Options

Ok, but I'm not marrying you.
  • opus649
    Options

Ok, but I'm not marrying you.

:drinker: