Whatcha Reading?

Options
rebecky27
rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
When you're not reading the newsfeed updates and Message Board posts, what are you reading?

I'm reading "New Rules of Lifting for Women" (a little nervous about this)
and
"50 Shades of Grey" - wowza! It's not my usual genre of reading choices, I'm more of a suspense/thriller type reader (Love me some Dean Koontz!) but, since it popped up on my Kindle app as a best seller and I saw a bunch of FB friends posting about it - I went for it not knowing what it was even about.... my, oh my!! :blushing:

Replies

• HeyHeyRae
    HeyHeyRae Posts: 48
    Options
    Currently I'm supposed to be reading "A Game of Thrones" because a friend lent it to me.... but I've only read the preface and first chapter LOL. I've been wrapped up in reading "Creation in Death" by JD Robb (Nora Robert's pen name when she wants to write a bloody suspense novel). Her "In Death" series is my FAVORITE suspense series ever. I also just finished catching up on the "Stephanie Plum" series. My FAVORITE comedy series lol. I'm a huge book nerd. Especially now that I have a Nook!!! I'm gonna have to check out "50 Shades of Grey"... I've never heard of it!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I normally have at least 4 books in circulation...

♥ Honeybee: Lessons from an Accidental Beekeeper
    ♥ Soulless... (Second time reading this)
    ♥ The Queen must Die : and Other Affairs of Bees and Men
    ♥ 11/22/63 by Stephen King

and on my kindle I am currently reading:
    ♥ Dark Corners by Liz Schulte (A friend I know on here recommended this, her friend wrote it)
    ♥ Perfect
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    I'm reading the Hunger Games, much better than the movie.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I'm reading the MFP's message board threads...DUH!!!

Ok, seriousness time: I finished Vince Flynn's Kill Shot recently. I couldn't put it down and finished it in a day. It's GREAT! If you want to start those up, start with Third Option then work your way up. You won't be disappointed. I turned my mother into a Vince Flynn fanatic, so they must be good.
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Currently I'm supposed to be reading "A Game of Thrones" because a friend lent it to me.... but I've only read the preface and first chapter LOL. I've been wrapped up in reading "Creation in Death" by JD Robb (Nora Robert's pen name when she wants to write a bloody suspense novel). Her "In Death" series is my FAVORITE suspense series ever. I also just finished catching up on the "Stephanie Plum" series. My FAVORITE comedy series lol. I'm a huge book nerd. Especially now that I have a Nook!!! I'm gonna have to check out "50 Shades of Grey"... I've never heard of it!

I love the "in Death" series as well.

Currently reading "In Defense of Food". Not reading anything else at the moment, which is unusual for me. I usually have a couple things going at once.
  • nomorewishing
    nomorewishing Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have several books I'm reading now, one of them is called "Smart women know when to say no" I'm hoping something from the book will rub off on me :ohwell:
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I have several books I'm reading now, one of them is called "Smart women know when to say no" I'm hoping something from the book will rub off on me :ohwell:
    LOL! think I need to look that one up too! :wink:
  • Jersey14
    Jersey14 Posts: 40
    Options

I am reading the Stephanie Plum novels! I just finished book #14! I love the character, she is so funny and never seems to get any smarter about her job or men! Did you like the movie?
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Sue Graftons "A is for Alibi"
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I usually have 6 or 8 books started at once... Right now I'm switching between James Patterson's Big Bad Wolf (still trying to work my way through the Alex Cross series) and Ann Rule's Don't Look Behind You.
  • nomorewishing
    nomorewishing Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    LOL! think I need to look that one up too! :wink:
    It's definitely a lesson I should learn. Ugh, the stories I could tell you!! Even when I don't want to do something I'll do it anyway simply because I can't say no. I think I need to become less submissive and more defiant or something...:happy:
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Catching Fire...
  • Barbie1125
    Barbie1125 Posts: 115
    Options
    The Lucky One ( I know its sappy)

But I just finished "IT" by stephen king awhile ago and needed something different.
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    The Paris Wife currently, next up is the aforementioned Fifty Shades of Gray for my book club.
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks...so far so good! It's different so a nice change of pace. I read 50 Shades books 1 and 2, but after 2 I thought it was repetitive so not going for the third. "Fun" read though! Haha
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My 12 year old son suggested I read the Hunger Games and now I am hooked. I am reading the 2nd in the series Catching Fire. Usually you can catch me reading something by Ted Dekker, James Rollins or Steve Berry. Suspensful and exciting.
  • katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    When you're not reading the newsfeed updates and Message Board posts, what are you reading?

I'm reading "New Rules of Lifting for Women" (a little nervous about this)
    and
    "50 Shades of Grey" - wowza! It's not my usual genre of reading choices, I'm more of a suspense/thriller type reader (Love me some Dean Koontz!) but, since it popped up on my Kindle app as a best seller and I saw a bunch of FB friends posting about it - I went for it not knowing what it was even about.... my, oh my!! :blushing:

I am reading both of these also! I love them both....and neither are my usual types of read. Blush blush blush!
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Currently reading East of Eden by John Steinbeck and The Petting Zoo by Jim Carroll.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    The Faerie Queene - Spencer.