Fed up of working out hard but not seeing any weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• LA_proud
    LA_proud Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pix....like all others I needed that today!
  • mookirat
    mookirat Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you, thats given me a bit more motivation as I've been working out like crazy for almost 6 weeks now, yet have only lost 1/2 a pound. Havent noticed much change to my body although my friends have said I'm looking like I've lost weight, I can't see it yet. Thankfully my fitness levels have improved which gives me the kick i need to continue.
  • Smackemdanno
    Smackemdanno Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have been busting hump for the past 5 weeks with weights and cardio, almost an hour a day with no weight loss. I read a post that said take a week off. I did and kept eating within my goal without exercise and the lifting and the weight is melting off. 2 lbs in 2 days. Granted is may be atrophied muscle a bit but it sure puts a smile on my face each morning I hop on the scale. I think I will do this until I hit another plateau and then pour on the cardio and weights again.
  • DMVButterfly
    DMVButterfly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    i'm going through the same thing now. when i went through the same thing before, i just kept going and eventually the weight came off QUICKLY! you may want to consider playing with your calories (believe it or not, sometimes a day or two of increased calories - by 200 - 300 cals) and then going back to your regular calorie intake will move you out of a plataeu). also, consider changing up your exercise routine - if you now start with cardio and then do weight training - start with weight training and end with cardio. or if you work out for an 1 doing both, then do all cardio and no weight training for a couple of days to a week. you may have tried all of these things already, but these have helped me in the past.
  • DMVButterfly
    DMVButterfly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE PIC!
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    But which one weighs more??? ::wink wink::
  • GailEMac
    GailEMac Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    that's just the motivation I needed. Thanks xxx
  • LookatMeNow8405
    LookatMeNow8405 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    GREAT EXAMPLE!! THANKS
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I hear this so much I start to accept it as a fact.
    + I like the way the FAT is reaching into the muscle mass ;)
  • FR89
    FR89 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    That's a great way to look at it.. sometimes you have to see the full picture then the number on the scale... :ohwell:
  • MrsLip4d
    MrsLip4d Posts: 29
    Options
    I really needed this this week... those were my exact thoughts!:happy:
  • sttrinians
    sttrinians Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LReReed
    LReReed Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!! Everyday I find a discussion on MFP on how fat weighs more than muscle and it turns into some big debate. But this picture will make everyone understand that they weigh the same. The difference is in how much space fat takes up in your bodies.