What was your Breaking point??

Options
pxpwop
pxpwop Posts: 704 Member
At what point did you look at yourself and know it was time to make a change??

Mine was fairly simple. When I got on the scale and it read 20 pounds over what I normally weighed and when I made a muscle in the mirror (I know vein) and couldn't find my bicep cause it had shrunk! LOL

What was your breaking point??

Replies

• iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    When I was diagnosed with cancer.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I was frumpy in everything I wore, my girlish figure was going away and I was turning into just a large mass of fat. Granted..I have A LONG WAY to go yet, but now that I have lost some I can see that figure I have.

When I broke...I broke hard...
  • RachelWest86
    Options
    My husband started using WeightWatchers (and has lost around 40 pounds since right after Thanksgiving), and I decided that if he could eat healthy, I could too. I was starting to need the next size up in pants, and I didn't want to have to go shopping for bigger clothes, so I'm eating right and exercising more, and my clothes are starting to fit like they used to!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    When I split two pairs of suit pants in a week.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Well, mine was actually getting tired of sweating all the time.

But now that I workout regulary and have lost 70+ pounds... I sweat even more. *face palm*

Also - almost having to get off a rollercoaster ride because the harness barely fit. That sucked.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I was feeling pretty crappy in general, and one day I had an episode of feeling dizzy and weak, which was cured by drinking a soda. I've had my blood sugar tested and they said it was fine, but I felt like my sugar consumption was affecting me. So I started tracking what I ate to see what kind of pattern I could find. And then I was like, well, I'm already tracking it, I might as well go ahead and lose this 20 pounds.
  • pxpwop
    Options

Im very sorry to hear that. Wish it were another reason for you.
  • pxpwop
    Options
    Well, mine was actually getting tired of sweating all the time.

But now that I workout regulary and have lost 70+ pounds... I sweat even more. *face palm*

Also - almost having to get off a rollercoaster ride because the harness barely fit. That sucked.

Awesome job man!!!
  • pxpwop
    Options
    My husband started using WeightWatchers (and has lost around 40 pounds since right after Thanksgiving), and I decided that if he could eat healthy, I could too. I was starting to need the next size up in pants, and I didn't want to have to go shopping for bigger clothes, so I'm eating right and exercising more, and my clothes are starting to fit like they used to!

Best motivation is your significant other!!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I was just disgusted with how I looked, I didn't even walk around the house with no shirt anymore.
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have four daughters, and I wasn't taking personal pride in my appearance because I hated the way I looked. One eye opener was playing kinect right after Christmas and the thing took a picture of me, and ...well......... I was pretty sad and turned off the picture taking mode.

Soon after I was running again, and then in Feb I found MFP. I want my daughters to know a mom that worked hard to get in shape, did it right, and takes care of herself.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

Im very sorry to hear that. Wish it were another reason for you.

Hey chit happens.
  • nabauer86
    nabauer86 Posts: 39
    Options
    When I went to put on a shirt from last summer and got stuck in it. LOL
  • pxpwop
    Options
    I have four daughters, and I wasn't taking personal pride in my appearance because I hated the way I looked. One eye opener was playing kinect right after Christmas and the thing took a picture of me, and ...well......... I was pretty sad and turned off the picture taking mode.

Soon after I was running again, and then in Feb I found MFP. I want my daughters to know a mom that worked hard to get in shape, did it right, and takes care of herself.

Hey, that is awesome! Good for you. your daughters will be so very proud when they see what you have accomplished! Good luck to you!
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    When the thought of me ever reaching 300 made me want to kill myself!
  • pxpwop
    Options
    When I went to put on a shirt from last summer and got stuck in it. LOL

LOL It's not funny but it is!! lol
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    When I did the math and realized that I'd gained 10 lbs/year since high school had started and that if I kept going the way I did I'd be starting post-secondary at or close to 200 lbs.
  • FreeThotStrm
    Options
    My breaking point was climbing on a BMI scale at Disneyland and having it tell me I was obese. I knew I was overweight, but that word is scary. There I was, in the happiest place on earth, crying. I didn't start losing the weight for reals until a while after that moment, but that was definitely the cracking point.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I felt like my fat was oozing out of all my clothes.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    At what point did you look at yourself and know it was time to make a change??

Mine was fairly simple. When I got on the scale and it read 20 pounds over what I normally weighed and when I made a muscle in the mirror (I know vein) and couldn't find my bicep cause it had shrunk! LOL

What was your breaking point??

When I was turned down on my first medical exam for my pilot's license due to blood pressure. Once I got the blood pressure under control, I realized that I had a host of other problems that were all caused by 80 extra pounds that had been slowly accumulating while I carefully ignored it. :(