Replies

• laceyslady
    laceyslady Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bump
  • StarryEyed500
    StarryEyed500 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I need to start making my own. Can't have peanuts though. Do those sites have recipies without?
  • itsalaina
    itsalaina Posts: 27
    Options
    bump for later
  • cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    bump! these all sound great!
  • londongirl2012
    londongirl2012 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump

looking forward to the raw vegan recipe
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Bump, I have been looking for something like this.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    bump!
    i am also spending too much on bars!
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I need to start making my own. Can't have peanuts though. Do those sites have recipies without?

Yeah some of them do, you'll have to look one of them have lemon bars and chocolate bars. I'm definitely going to try those two recipes.
  • bom2010
    bom2010 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • twhitmore22
    twhitmore22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • aubryannewilson
    aubryannewilson Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bump for when I'm at home later! Thanks all!!
  • loulouBean
    loulouBean Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump
  • correll26
    correll26 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Tried to make these once -- tasted OK, but looked like doo-doo. Will take a look at these posts later and give it another go!
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    bump* I prefer my food in bar form lately. These sound so amazing!
  • StarryEyed500
    StarryEyed500 Posts: 225 Member
    Options

Yeah some of them do, you'll have to look one of them have lemon bars and chocolate bars. I'm definitely going to try those two recipes.
    My favourite flavours! Will have to give it a go.
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    BUUUUUMP!!!! BUMP BUMP BUUUUUUUMP!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    This one is from Bodybuilding.com forums and looks really easy!

No-Bake Easy Protein Bars

2 cups Quaker oats (or equivalent)
    2 tbsp natural peanut butter
    8 scoops (240 g) generic brand whey protein powder (or equivalent)
    1 package sugar-free, fat free-Jell-O
    Dash of cinnamon
    Dash of vanilla extract
    Pinch of salt
    1 cup COLD water

After the bars set up in the fridge, I put them in the freezer for 2 hours and then cut them into 8 individual pieces. After a workout, I let them thaw for 30 minutes or so and they are consistently firm and not squishy or runny. Why? The Jell-O mix. Be sure to use cold water when mixing the Jell-O and whey, as it sets up nicer. Aside from baking, these bars are second-to-none to being able to stay firm when thawed out. They yield (approximately) per bar:

225 calories
    6 g fat
    23.5 g protein

I encourage anyone who makes their own bars to experiment with different ingredients to find something that not only tastes good, but also provides them with their own individual nutritional needs. The greatest thing about designing and making your own product (in this case, protein bars) is being able to substitute and improvise to make something that appeals to you.

This one sounds good albeit most of all due to the amount of protein in each bar. I'm a bit nervous about the Jell-O in a protein bar, because I've never liked the texture of the stuff, however it's worth a shot!!
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    What a great thread! thanks for starting this and to everyone for their recipes!!! I can't wait til my next grocery shopping trip so I can make some of these!!
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    This one is from Bodybuilding.com forums and looks really easy!

No-Bake Easy Protein Bars

2 cups Quaker oats (or equivalent)
    2 tbsp natural peanut butter
    8 scoops (240 g) generic brand whey protein powder (or equivalent)
    1 package sugar-free, fat free-Jell-O
    Dash of cinnamon
    Dash of vanilla extract
    Pinch of salt
    1 cup COLD water

After the bars set up in the fridge, I put them in the freezer for 2 hours and then cut them into 8 individual pieces. After a workout, I let them thaw for 30 minutes or so and they are consistently firm and not squishy or runny. Why? The Jell-O mix. Be sure to use cold water when mixing the Jell-O and whey, as it sets up nicer. Aside from baking, these bars are second-to-none to being able to stay firm when thawed out. They yield (approximately) per bar:

225 calories
    6 g fat
    23.5 g protein

I encourage anyone who makes their own bars to experiment with different ingredients to find something that not only tastes good, but also provides them with their own individual nutritional needs. The greatest thing about designing and making your own product (in this case, protein bars) is being able to substitute and improvise to make something that appeals to you.

This one sounds good albeit most of all due to the amount of protein in each bar. I'm a bit nervous about the Jell-O in a protein bar, because I've never liked the texture of the stuff, however it's worth a shot!!

No texture is added from the sfff pudding mix...it basically acts like a binder for the ingredients. Also I find any recepie I make I can add more protein ...or for muffins I always sub at least half the flour for protein powder...