Protein Bar Recipes

Options

Replies

• tenaces1
    tenaces1 Posts: 2
    Options
    http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness/nutrition/The-Best-Energy-Bar-Ever.html

Here is an excellent and easy one from outside Magazoine that includes BACON!!!
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    No texture is added from the sfff pudding mix...it basically acts like a binder for the ingredients. Also I find any recepie I make I can add more protein ...or for muffins I always sub at least half the flour for protein powder...

Hmmmm.... I wonder if that "formula" will work for making protein pancakes by substituiting some of the flour for protein.
  • Squeezalsize10
    Options
    yummy. :P
  • jldaley09
    jldaley09 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • irenephillip824
    Options
    Bump
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    No texture is added from the sfff pudding mix...it basically acts like a binder for the ingredients. Also I find any recepie I make I can add more protein ...or for muffins I always sub at least half the flour for protein powder...

Hmmmm.... I wonder if that "formula" will work for making protein pancakes by substituiting some of the flour for protein.

I totally have protein pancake recepies...as well as protein muffins and bread...on the treadmill now will post when I get to my desk.

Jamie Eason has some good stuff...her carbs are a bit high so like I said I just sub protein powder for at least half her reccomendations for flour.
  • JenAiMarres
    Options

Yes should work fine!!!! And I totally have protein pancake recepies...as well as protein muffins and bread...on the treadmill now will post when I get to my desk.

Jamie Eason has some good stuff...her carbs are a bit high so like I said I just sub protein powder for at least half her reccomendations for flour.
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the great recipes folks!!
  • AdiposeRapture
    Options
    replying so I can find this again :P
  • JenAiMarres
    Options
    Protein Carrot Cake Muffins!

Makes 14 muffins

71 cals
    8g carbs
    9g protein (more if you add more protein powder..cals will increase also)

Ingredients
    8 egg whites
    1 cup Rolled Oats
    1/2 cup cottage cheese, fat free
    4 scoops Any Whey protein powder
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    2 tablespoons vanilla extract
    1 cup splenda
    3 teaspoons cinnamon
    1 cup grated carrots
    1/3 cup crushed pineapple -- drained ( I have subbed this for pumpkin puree or omitted altogether)

Optional (not included in cal calc)
    2 tablespoons raisins -- optional
    2 tablespoons almonds -- or walnuts, optional

*Very good with fat free cream cheese frosting recipe from Spark Recipes on top!!

Directions
    Combine Egg Whites and next 7 ingredients (Egg Whites to Cinnamon) in a blender. Blend in a blender. Gently fold carrots, pineapples, nuts and raisins.

Spoon batter into muffin pans coated with cooking spray, filling ¾ full. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan immediately.
  • JenAiMarres
    Options
    TWO pancake recepies below....

Protein Pancakes:

Ingredients:
    * 3 egg whites
    * 1/3 cup dry oats
    * 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    * 2 tbsp low fat cottage cheese
    * 1 tsp vanilla extract
    * Splenda to taste

Directions:
    Combine the egg whites, cottage cheese and vanilla extract in a bowl until well mixed. Next add in the dry oats and whey protein powder along with the Splenda until well mixed.
    Once a batter has been formed, cook as you would a regular pancake, flipping at half-time. Drizzle with sugar free syrup or serve with fresh fruit.

PUMPKIN PROTEIN PANCAKES
    Ingredients:

2 tbsp canned pumpkin
    1/2 of a medium banana
    1 egg
    1 scoop (31.8g) vanilla protein powder
    1 tbsp ground flaxseed meal
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp nutmeg
    Directions:

Combine all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
    Heat pan (or griddle) over medium heat; coat with non-stick cooking spray.
    Pour batter onto the pan/griddle.
    Cook each pancake for 2-3 minutes and then flip. Cook on the other side for about 1 minute.
    Serve with your favorite toppings.
  • JenAiMarres
    Options
    Zuchinni Protein muffins! THESE ARE MY FAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is all I got folks...and like I mentioned I use the jamie eason pumpkin bars (and cinnimon swirl bread) I just subsitute half the flour for protein...when baking with extra protein you have to keep an eye on the oven, becuse it seems to burn/bake fatser.

I omitted the carrots...and only used a 1/4 cup flour and substituted the other 1/2 cup with PROTEIN...no nuts...and They came to 100 cals a pop! Oh and I did add the cocoa powder!! Soooo good

zucchini carrot muffins: (around 115 calories a muffin with 1 scoop of optiumum nutrition whey protein powder)
    makes 9 muffins 13c/10p/2f

3/4 cup oat flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp. baking soda
    a pinch of salt
    1tsp. of vanilla extract
    1 tablespoon or more of cinnamon
    1 pinch of nutmeg
    1 tablespoon of olive oil
    1/2 cup of no sugar added applesauce
    1 egg
    1/4 cup truvia or stevia (i use truvia) for a less sweeter muffin or 1/2 cup if you like them sweeter
    1/2 cup grated zucchini
    1/4 cup grated carrot
    1/4 cup of oat bran
    1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
    1/4 to 1/2 cup of water (add a little at 1st until the consistancy is okay)

*top with a sprinkle of oats and cinnamon

**optional: add 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1 or 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder, all natural dark chocolate chips, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds** these all will change the calorie count of course

the chocolate zucchini muffins are pretty much the same. i just got rid of the carrot and grated 1 med. zucchini. added 1 or 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder(which i think i might leave out next time unless i add dark chocolate chips) and i added 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. and didnt add the protein powder to these. the calorie count on these were about the same, maybe a few calories less.

preheat oven to 350 degress

sift oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg(sift a few times)

in another bowl whisk the egg, truvia, oil, applesauce, zucchini & carrot. mix in the flour mixture then add the oat bran & walnuts.
    spray pay with non stick spray or use muffin liners(i did this) and fill them all about the same. 3/4 way full. then bake 12-18minutes(mine varied both times) just keep an eye on them and a toothpick handy :)
  • phillips529
    phillips529 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of great recipes added....I'll give some a try.

Here is my contribution... pic included

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/phillips529/view/raw-vegan-protein-bar-recipie-249360

If you would like to use it with the exact same ingredients you can search under raw vegan protein bar to add to your diary.
  • Sharonab123
    Options
    These look good. Bump for later
  • amyrobynne
    amyrobynne Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just made one of these -- thanks for the links everyone!
  • Sw33tKnees
    Sw33tKnees Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LoydBell
    LoydBell Posts: 1
    Options
    whats up with bump?
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    whats up with bump?

2 fold:
    1. it "bumps" the thread back to the top, so it stays active.
    2. replying, so it ends up in "my topics" so you can read it later
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    bump for later :-)