What was your Breaking point??

Options
12346»

Replies

• laurieblair2012
    Options
    My breaking point was seeing a picture of myself in the local newspaper and realizing I had turned into my mother. Don't get me wrong, I love my mother dearly (RIP) but she was a big gal, and growing up I never thought I would EVER look like her. Never say never.
  • pxpwop
    pxpwop Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    My breaking point was seeing a picture of myself in the local newspaper and realizing I had turned into my mother. Don't get me wrong, I love my mother dearly (RIP) but she was a big gal, and growing up I never thought I would EVER look like her. Never say never.

Well you're getting back to you and thats great!!
  • sweetkattie
    Options
    When my seven year old daughter asked me why she was the only girl in her class who had a fat mother. :(
  • CapsFan17
    CapsFan17 Posts: 198
    Options
    When some one asked me when I was due...
    When my Mom had gastric by-pass and had to change her eating; I figured I could help her by eating healthier too.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    When my size 8 jeans wouldn't zip up and the muffin top now looked like the whole muffin.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Coming to the realization that I don't want a table full of pills... whether they be supplements or medications... and I want to be at least closer to my healthy weight and on my way there so when my daughter is more cognizant of what I say, I won't project my body image issues onto her...
  • pxpwop
    Options
    When my size 8 jeans wouldn't zip up and the muffin top now looked like the whole muffin.

HaHa, great reason!!
  • pxpwop
    Options
    When some one asked me when I was due...
    When my Mom had gastric by-pass and had to change her eating; I figured I could help her by eating healthier too.

Awesome motivation, with your mother!
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hiked the grand canyon rim to rim with 35 lbs on my back. Made it out on my own, but went into kidney failure from severe rhabdomyolysis. Had the will power, but not the strength to match. Spent the next year getting ripped. Body hasn't let me down since.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I wanted to pick up a Porsche 911 and I couldn't fit in the car at all. At that point I decided it was time to lose weight and get my dream car which I saved up for years for.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I gained a bunch of weight over the summer and figured I'd slowly lose it as I got back into a normal routine. Months later I'd actually gained weight! Trying to get it off and learn to eat right.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    When I started to notice how simple things like tying shoe laces had become a chore.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    When I won a sailboat race and couldnt bear for anyone to see the proof in pictures.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Spent years feeling uncomfortable with the way I looked. I was never huge, but always felt unattractive and like I couldn't compete with all the other girls. Then I went to the doctor and weighed in at 150. That was the heaviest I have ever been. I spent about two weeks after that feeling out of control, helpless, and fearful that there was no way to stop the number from climbing.
    Toward the end of those two weeks I got educated about what's really in food, what my calorie needs are, and how much exercise it actually takes to work off calories. Once those pieces came together I realized that I had TOTAL control over the number on the scale. If have a choice, I choose healthy! After getting educated and making the decision, I had the willpower to resist all the crazy temptations of holidays, office birthdays, etc. Nothing has gotten in the way of achieving and maintaining my goal! I've gotten a reputation around the office and with family for being super-human when it comes to resisting all the crazy bad stuff. I do treat myself, but only when it's within my calorie budget. Most of the time it's just not worth the offset (yes, I can eat that cake but then I can't have dinner. Not worth it!) so I pass.
    Now, having reached the other side of the mountain, I can tell you that every bit of sacrifice and suffering was totally worth it. I've had three awesome moments: one when a guy friend saw me for the first time in over a year and said "Dang, girl! You look gooooood!" I never got compliments like that from guys before my weight loss... The second high was toward the middle of my weight loss when my husband saw me in my skivvies and said "Whoah! They're gonna make a calendar of you if you keep it up!". And the last one was when I actually did a double-take in the mirror because I caught a glimpse of myself passing by and didn't even recognize my own body. Wow. It's wonderful living in a body that I like!
  • katrina1501
    katrina1501 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    In Feb. my mom was diagnosed with conjestive heart failure. On March 30th my dad passed away from renal failure, diabetes, and multiple sclerosis. A few weeks ago my younger brother was diagnosed with diabetes.
    I just decided that I want to live, and be healthy.

Really sorry to hear all this, be strong and getting healthy is the best way, wish you all the strength and support you need :o)
  • xxxhelenaxxx
    xxxhelenaxxx Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    IBS.... and not being able to do my favorite positions
  • jinlopez
    jinlopez Posts: 38
    Options
    When my feet were too fat to wear my high heels. When my knees felt like I had toothpicks poking through the kneecaps from all the extra weight. When my rolls started getting rolls of their own.

Boyfriend loves me anyway....but....he was loving me for the both of us. Not good.
  • missy787
    missy787 Posts: 35
    Options
    In Feb. my mom was diagnosed with conjestive heart failure. On March 30th my dad passed away from renal failure, diabetes, and multiple sclerosis. A few weeks ago my younger brother was diagnosed with diabetes.
    I just decided that I want to live, and be healthy.

Really sorry to hear all this, be strong and getting healthy is the best way, wish you all the strength and support you need :o)

Thank you!
  • girlygirl761
    girlygirl761 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    1. My "fat" jeans are tight
    2. I stopped doing things because I was uncomfortable. Someone asked me when I last when on a date and I honestly couldn't remember.
    3.Scary pictures of me posted on Facebook.
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    1. Seeing pictures of me from my partner's parents anniversary party last year and realising I don't have a neck anymore :sad:
    2. Seeing pictures of me from 10 years ago when (even though still overweight) I had more facial tone (ie cheek bones, jaw line) and a great pair of clavicles.... I miss being able to feel my clavicles/hip bones!
    3. Being weighed by Occupational Health and realising I was unintentionally lighter than I thought I was so it encouraged me to try and be fitter/eat less crap