Nutella

Options

Replies

• RachelWest86
    Options
    Mix into plain yogurt or drizzle over frozen yogurt! Also delicious!!!

Oooh! I'm going to have to try that!
  • RachelWest86
    Options
    add 1/4 cup to blender with 3-4 bananas and splash of milk. Blend until smooth. Freeze...healthy "ice cream"! My whole family love it!

Brilliant idea! My husband, who's on WeightWatchers, would probably approve too!
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    I think it's fairly safe to say that Nutella is the tastiest mouthful of happiness ever created. When people tell me they have never had Nutella, I tell them they are fortunate, because one spoonful is all it takes. I say, if you are craving Nutella, go smoke a pack of filter-less cigarettes and eat a tablespoon of shortening instead, because the path back to the light from a Nutella craving is a long, treacherous road.
  • determined136
    Options
    Throw it away NOW and never buy it again!!!!!

It is addicitve and calls my name if it is in the house!
  • beckyluvsgeckos
    Options
    I love Nutella smeared on a Carmel Rice Cake and a bit of marshmellow cream on it. OH MY WORD!!!

It's a good day when I save enough calories for this in the evening. :D
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    My jar is gone now, thankfully! It was nice while it lasted, but I wont be buying it again.
    I found my favorite ways to eat it was on a graham cracker or dipping pretzels in it. Yep, I am glad it is gone.
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm Nutella. My new found love. Whole grain English muffin, nutella and banana....yum yum!!!!
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    My jar is gone now, thankfully! It was nice while it lasted, but I wont be buying it again.
    I found my favorite ways to eat it was on a graham cracker or dipping pretzels in it. Yep, I am glad it is gone.

Haha yeah it's addicting!!!
  • kristi012173
    Options
    I think the right question to ask is what can't you do with Nutella.

So true! I lLOVE nutella! I am convinced it would even taste good on cardboard! :smile:
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Naughty but Nice Nutella Layer cake with fruit & veg.....

http://www.theolivenotes.com/2011/02/world-nutella-day-11.html

Nutella is heavenly and I also like to dip sliced apples into it or eat it with my finger straight out of the jar - or when it melts on hot granary toast and is all warm and softened....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :love:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Come on who are you kidding there's no way you can have a jar of Nutella in the cupboard and NOT at least once take spoon to jar and have a party in your mouth.

Barring that try a teaspoon on a piece of toast, simple but gets rid of the sweet junk food craving.

I do have a jar of it in the cupboard and I have never tried it. I don't even know why I bought it.
  • fitrene
    fitrene Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Nutella is my drug of choice! I CANNOT HAVE IT IN MY HOUSE! No matter how hard I try, I eat the entire jar in a matter of hours!

16697853_ufpxvqmq_c.jpg

I have eaten in on crepes with bananas or waffles, but I can't have wheat now so I just put it on a spoon. Doesn't do the body any good and the first ingredient is SUGAR! So not good for you I don't care how good hazelnuts are for you :o)!

Good luck!
  • dave30309
    dave30309 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Nutella = 200 calories in 2 Tbsp (99 from fat) and 21g of sugar. Not in my shopping cart! I'll stick with my plain oatmeal.
  • eeebee
    Options

This on a bagel... or get the Cadbury's Philadelphia light instead if you can :)

I have been tempted to buy the Chocolate Philly but the idea kid of seems a bit odd, I think I ought to open my mind! Do they add hazlenut yumminess to this too?
  • eeebee
    Options
    Nutella = 200 calories in 2 Tbsp (99 from fat) and 21g of sugar. Not in my shopping cart! I'll stick with my plain oatmeal.

We all know how terrible it is for you & yes they produced such misleading adverts pretty much claiming "it is good for you"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpNLUFA34iw

and consequently:

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2008/02/asa-backs-which-over-nutella-advert-133139/

But OH THE TASTE!

Personally for me, sometimes it is worth saving 200cals for it on a spike day or a day where you want to give your tastebuds a well deserved climax after eating pretty healthily & exercising all week long

:blushing:
  • fitrene
    fitrene Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    But OH THE TASTE!

Personally for me, sometimes it is worth saving 200cals for it on a spike day or a day where you want to give your tastebuds a well deserved climax after eating pretty healthily & exercising all week long

:blushing:

This is a perfect description of what it's like to put that oh so good spoonful in your mouth!

I need to start a Nutella support group. I'm giving it up and it is so hard!
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I must officially be the ONLY person in the world that can not stand Nutella.
  • chiley1
    chiley1 Posts: 15
    Options
    On some wheat bread.
  • kittycarson
    kittycarson Posts: 109
    Options
    My kids use it as dip for honey wheat pretzels....yummmm...
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I actually just bought a jar of it (first time I've ever tried it)and the kids(and me) love it but it's definitely something I'll save for a "treat" but it is sooo good. I put it on toast for them too and it's a good snack before bed.