Thin In My Skin! (CLOSED GRP)

Options

Replies

• Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Well I jumped on the scale this morning and I'm unbelievably UP 2.4 lbs! I'm not exactly sure how....since I have been sticking to my BMR number or right around that. I'm not stressing right now....I'm still off from work tonight and tomorrow night...going back Saturday night so I'm going to get some good workouts in and re-evaluate what I'm doing.

One of MFP friends I have on here has offered to do up a menu plan for me next week. I'm taking her up on that offer...what do I have to lose?(besides inches/pounds?)

I'm also reading something called "Lose it for Life". I picked it up at the Christian book store and I'm doing the workbook also. I have always been a firm believer that "eating" is more than just eating. There are reasons WHY some of us eat more than others...and I'm one of those people. I am a 100% emotional eater. This book has helped me a LOT so far and I'm ready to take this books challenge and lose it for good...no more yo yo effects. This book looks at the spiritual, emotional as well as the physical part for losing weight. ... from a Christian's stand point. Anyhow...just wanted to let you guys know what I have done to change things up a little .... nothing else is working for me.

As far as work goes....I work hard. I don't even get to take my 10 minute breaks let alone my lunch breaks. ((this needs to change)) I always find things that need to be done and then you have the call lights of people that refuse to SLEEP at night. We are getting more and more combative/confused people and I'm not sure why they are doing that when before I started there I guess they were very picky about who they took. I left the nursing homes because I was TIRED of getting beat up....and now its happening here. I guess there is no happy medium in the nursing field. And the nurses need to answer some call lights...I'm ONE person...not sure why they feel it is appropriate to sit behind the desk talking LOUDLY at that, about their dates last night, or about how one nurse is lazy. They were TOLD to get up and answer call lights...but as you see from my complain session here....that isn't happening. And they wonder why I'm quiet??? Oh ... they don't want me to actually talk to them...I'd be the next person they would talk about.

Okay I had a good vent. Getting off here to get in some good exercise and make the kids breakfast before they head to school. This Ohio weather is strange...but today I will take it. I think it's supposed to be 60 degrees. ::sighs:: I just want nice weather so I can get out and start moving more. I hate to walk/run in the cold....but maybe I need to erase that mind set....you can't have that mindset living in Ohio. ((one day it is 80...the next it is 40 and snow.)) :ohwell:

I'm sorry you're having problems at work. My daughter (who graduates from the BN program next month) decided to avoid the nursing homes for just that reason. So many patients with dementia become nasty...it's rather sad. She was offered jobs in the burn unit and cardiac surgery. She plans on taking the one on burns. It's not a popular choice since the work is hard and the patients are in so much pain, but she thinks it will be challenging and that she'll be making a difference. Maybe you need a change of pace, so you can utilize your skills more. I hope you find something that makes you feel good about your profession. Nurses rock!!! :flowerforyou:
  • _ylime_
    _ylime_ Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I hope you guys are having a good week! Just checking in...

I have been doing well with my activity and positive thinking but I need to cut back a bit in terms of eating... I haven't eaten any cr*p, just lots and lots of food :) Tonight I am going out to dinner so I am not sure what the scale will have to say about that...!

Good luck to everyone! Keep it up!
  • tealighttrees
    Options
    Hey guys,

I'm so confused right now. I just did a kind of mid-week weigh in, and I'm UP 0.8 lbs. I just don't know how that's possible. Keep in mind, my maintenance calories are around 2400.

On Monday, I ate 1500 calories, and burned 702.
    On Tuesday, I ate 1458 calories, and admittedly, didn't work out at all.
    On Wednesday, I ate 2472 calories, which I know is high, but it's still around what I need to maintain, and I burned about 150.

HOW IS A GAIN SCIENTIFICALLY POSSIBLE?!
  • tishieb
    tishieb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    It seems my weight is going down, I guess I was holding a lot of water weight or something. Have a great day everyone!
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I'm so confused right now. I just did a kind of mid-week weigh in, and I'm UP 0.8 lbs. I just don't know how that's possible. Keep in mind, my maintenance calories are around 2400.

On Wednesday, I ate 2472 calories, which I know is high, but it's still around what I need to maintain, and I burned about 150.

Our bodies have so many different variables there is much to throw the science off. Hormone levels for example can be impacted by the amount of sleep we did or didn't get, the amount of stress we are feeling... Certain foods will trigger different reactions in our bodies.... You can do everything scientifically right and easily stay the same or not lose. Very frustrating!

BUT I really believe by consistently making the healthy choices, the weight loss will follow.

Hugs,
    Amy
  • BLloudy
    BLloudy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge and this group. Truly... it's helping me stay on track every day! I have been at the same weight for 5 days. The exact same number. Am I upset about that? Not at all!

Something I'm learning from weighing every day is that fluctuation just happens, and the longer I do this, the more I get to see that eventually, the scale DOES go down again! In the past, when I weighed in once a week, I'd get SO upset if it didn't move, or barely moved. So I'd eat. And eat and eat and eat. Now I think back to all those times and wonder if the NEXT day would have been the day where 2 pounds would have been lost and I would have been inspired to continue. Hmmmmm.

Do I want that scale to move by Monday's weigh-in? Of course! Always more fun to post a loss, but if it doesn't, I know that the day AFTER weigh in might just be the day it moves. Here's hoping everyone kicks it into high gear for the next few days and gets to post a loss. But if not, just remember, there's a good chance the scale will move the very next day! :)
  • CrysButcher3
    Options
    Hey guys...has anyone here tried or has the ChaLEAN Extreme? I really want to buy it...is it good? Any input on this would be appreciated. :blushing:
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Name/ real name: Shadowkitty22/Emilie

Current Weight: 268.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 243

04/09: 268.8
    04/16: 265.6
    04/23: 264.6
    04/30: 261.4
    05/07: <<<mini goal weight 258>>>
    05/14:
    05/21:
    05/28:
    06/04: <<<mini goal weight 250>>>
    06/11:
    06/18:
    06/25:
    07/02: <<<challenge goal weight 243>>>

So I'm really trying to reach 250 (or less) in the next 26 days just as a personal goal of mine to lose 50 pounds by the time we move back to the States. So when I weighed in last week and I only had 11.6 pounds to go (with what I thought was 3 weeks instead of 4) I knew that I really had to bust my butt harder each week to try and average almost 4 pounds a week! Then it turns out that we're actually leaving a little bit later. But regardless, I made sure to workout 5 days this week. So with 267 minutes and 2671 calories for the week, I think I did just that. :)
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Nice work shadowkitty!! I'm sure if you keep on this course you'll knock that goal down in no time!
  • jazz0matic
    Options
    HA! So I just wanted to share this funny thing I did today.

I work a Tuesday-Saturday schedule. This means that on Monday I like to sleep in... late, really late. For the Monday weigh in I usually have to jump out of bed and on the scale real quick to get in on time (and I know I could do it a few days earlier but really it's just me being lazy). Thursdays are a little weird. I'm currently working the night shift for a coworker who has a schedule conflict. I don't have to be out of the house until 12, so I sleep in a little, like 9ish. Today I slept in... late, really late. I was on time for work and everything but since it was so much later than usual I got confused and thought it was Monday and RAN to the scale at 11:40 then tried to post but the internet wasn't working at my house so I tried to post from my cell phone. When I finally got to the forum I realized (from lack of check-ins) that it was indeed Thursday.

I guess I'm really excited to share my progress this week :) let's just hope I can keep it off through my Sunday dinner party ♥
  • migoi357
    migoi357 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    So share with us how well you did... you don't have to post the entire thing, just something like..."jazzOmatic rocked it on the scales this week."
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge and this group. Truly... it's helping me stay on track every day! I have been at the same weight for 5 days. The exact same number. Am I upset about that? Not at all!

Something I'm learning from weighing every day is that fluctuation just happens, and the longer I do this, the more I get to see that eventually, the scale DOES go down again! In the past, when I weighed in once a week, I'd get SO upset if it didn't move, or barely moved. So I'd eat. And eat and eat and eat. Now I think back to all those times and wonder if the NEXT day would have been the day where 2 pounds would have been lost and I would have been inspired to continue. Hmmmmm.

Do I want that scale to move by Monday's weigh-in? Of course! Always more fun to post a loss, but if it doesn't, I know that the day AFTER weigh in might just be the day it moves. Here's hoping everyone kicks it into high gear for the next few days and gets to post a loss. But if not, just remember, there's a good chance the scale will move the very next day! :)

The next day could be the day... I like that - kinda like dangling the carrot in front of our noses. I also seem to thrive on weighing in daily, but just counting one day as my official weigh in day. You do have to keep in mind not to get bent out of shape on the ups and downs of the week, but looking at the big picture shows a steady downward trend. I also tell myself that my body is not used to being treated like this (eating the right amounts & exercising) so it may take some time getting used to my new lifestyle. Give it time if the scale stalls out on you. Keep making the right choices, and the scale will get to moving to - not to mention the inches that will slide away too.
  • howeasyisit
    Options
    Name/ real name: howeasyisit/lissa

Current Weight: 176.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 159.0

04/09: 176.6
    04/16: 175.0
    04/23: 174.2
    04/30: 174.0
    05/07: <<<mini goal weight>>>170.6
    05/14:
    05/21:
    05/28:
    06/04: <<<mini goal weight>>>164.6
    06/11:
    06/18:
    06/25:
    07/02: <<<challenge goal weight>>> 159.0
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Name/ real name: legnarevocrednu

Current Weight: 191
    Challenge Goal Weight: 174

04/09: 191
    04/16: 193
    04/23: 190
    04/30: 188
    05/07:
    05/14:
    05/21:
    05/28:
    06/04:
    06/11:
    06/18:
    06/25:
    07/02:

Down 2 pounds from last week, 3 from start of challenge!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Woop woop woop! Great job everyone!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

Our bodies have so many different variables there is much to throw the science off. Hormone levels for example can be impacted by the amount of sleep we did or didn't get, the amount of stress we are feeling... Certain foods will trigger different reactions in our bodies.... You can do everything scientifically right and easily stay the same or not lose. Very frustrating!

BUT I really believe by consistently making the healthy choices, the weight loss will follow.

Hugs,
    Amy

That is a GREAT answer Amy... I know for me, if I'm not super careful with my sugar intake, I won't lose weight. It's like my body goes, "OMG! She ate a cookie!!!!! Let's hoard it because she might never eat one again!"... It's frustrating to be under calories and not lose anything just because I ate a freakin' cookie, but that's how my body seems to work. :-\
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Almost have this thread rolled!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Crystal: You are doing great on your weight loss. :drinker: I am up also but I know why.
    I bought peanuts yesterday and indulged instead of measuring them out.
    Just a little thing like that can rock your whole scale.
    There will always be people at work that don't pull their weight in their jobs.
    Just try and persevere and everything will fall into place.
    Good Luck on your new book it sounds interesting.

Good Luck everyone with the weigh in next week. :flowerforyou:

We can do this !!!!
  • MissYatta
    MissYatta Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Name/ real name: MissYatta/Yatta

Current Weight: 319
    Challenge Goal Weight: 289

04/09: 319
    04/16: 319.4
    04/23: 317.0
    04/30: 314.8
    05/07: <<<309>>>
    05/14:
    05/21:
    05/28:
    06/04: <<<299>>>
    06/11:
    06/18:
    06/25:
    07/02: <<<289>>>

Sorry I haven't been more involved. I just started a new job and I'm still trying to work my schedule out. You guys are doing wonderful though :)