cheese....

Options
I love cheese!!! Starting on Monday I'm going to cut out cheese and Mayo.

I was going to cut coffee but.... no!

Has anyone cut out anything that definetly made the difference and helped?

Working up to cutting ice cream!!!

Replies

• leojsivad
    leojsivad Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I cut out soda, but I will still have one every so often.
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I cut down eating rice every day and it has helped me to loose weight.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I would never cut cheese. I like it too much. I eat all type of cheese but in moderation. What I cut down a lot but not out of my life is pasta.
    I guess I just believe that you can have anything you want as long as it is in moderation.
  • SallyMQ
    SallyMQ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you about cheese... but with ice cream, we just bought a box of the Skinny Cow Cookies and Cream Sandwiches... 150 calories! :-) And it really tastes really good. Certainly gets me my ice cream AND chocolate fix :bigsmile:
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    So you love cheese, but are getting rid of it? Just curious why?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I cut out white crap about 12-15 years ago and have never looked back. By white crap I mean: white sugar, white flour, white rice and... well, beer.
    I went on a low crap diet! I taught myself what I should eat, finally.

I'd bet, if I hadn't done that, I'd weigh close to 200 (I'm 5'6") rather than 135.

My point: make changes that you can maintain. For me it was "doable" to knock out the whites, and replace them with browns. And, it was "easy" to replace beer with wine...
    Nothing too rigorous, just long term, do able things.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you about cheese... but with ice cream, we just bought a box of the Skinny Cow Cookies and Cream Sandwiches... 150 calories! :-) And it really tastes really good. Certainly gets me my ice cream AND chocolate fix :bigsmile:

I 2nd this! They are amaaaaazing!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    The only thing I really cut out was soda.
  • samismc
    samismc Posts: 5
    Options
    I stopped eating white things, sugar, white flour, white rice. Made a huge difference in my life. At that time I lost 65 lbs. I'm trying to get back there again. Problem is, one little bite and it's like you ate a 65 lb cookie!! :(
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to why as well. And coffee has like 2 calories per 8oz serving.
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I would love to cut out diet soda. I was doing well at the beginning of the year and hadn't touched the stuff in months, but I'm slowly drinking a few cans a week again. It just tastes so much better with food than water, even with Mio! :sad:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating white things, sugar, white flour, white rice. Made a huge difference in my life. At that time I lost 65 lbs. I'm trying to get back there again. Problem is, one little bite and it's like you ate a 65 lb cookie!! :(
    Ditto here, which for me suggests: stay away as much as possible.
    :-)
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I love cheese!!! Starting on Monday I'm going to cut out cheese and Mayo.

I was going to cut coffee but.... no!

Has anyone cut out anything that definetly made the difference and helped?

Working up to cutting ice cream!!!

I could never give up cheese! I did give up soda tho. Well I gave it up twice, the first time, I ONLY drank water and I gained 5 pounds and never lost (for like 3 months) and then I went back to it. The second time I just stopped and never made a point to buy more. Now just drink water and the occasional iced tea. Didn't gain wait the second time which really makes no sense at all.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    The only thing I cut out that made a difference....was OVEREATING.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    but...but... whyyyyyy

why would you cut out cheeeeese?

it is so salty and unexplainably delicious....
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Why are you getting rid of cheese and mayo in your diet? Both of them are totally fine to eat. (so are coffee and ice cream).

I eat LOADS of cheese. It's practically a food group to me. I drink coffee daily. I have ice cream several times a week. I don't eat much mayo, but that's mostly because I rarely eat sandwiches.

I didn't find it necessary to cut any particular food from my diet in order to lose weight.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You're going to cut the cheese on Monday?
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Ditto here, which for me suggests: stay away as much as possible.
    :-)

My doc says "If it's white, it ain't right". Which is a little awk because I'm white and he's not. I like giving him a look when he says it. It's fun :)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I'd cut someone before I cut cheese! Why would you do that? Is there a medical reason for it?

I don't cut anything. There's no reason for torturing yourself like that. If I want cheese, chocolate, and ice cream, I will eat it. All in the same day even.
  • lcoreo5
    lcoreo5 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i havent cut anything from my diet. i feel if you say "i can never eat (enter food here)" you will go on a binge and over do it. If you love it and you want to eat it, do it in moderation.