do you ever read someones trackings......

Options

Replies

• pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Nothing annoys me about anyone else's tracking. I'm too concerned about my own. If I even look at someone else's diary, it's out of pure curiosity or occasionally to get ideas about what other things I could integrate into my own diet. Usually if they track something like calcium, I'm impressed by their attention to detail more than anything.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I think the thing that annoys me is seeing when someone tracks something like calcium. If they are that worried they don't get enough take a vitamin.

O.o and why would this annoy you?

Calcium is important in bone strength, bone density, helps prevent osteoporosis, possibly reduces blood pressure, and many more things. Something that would be a good thing to track if you aren't getting enough since not everyone wants to supplement.

Or maybe they should just trackz teh sodium cuz not the evil water weightz!!

I have only seen one person do it and she took a supplement. She tracked calories, carbs, sodium and calcium. It just annoyed me.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    You have 18 friends. I think the one you're referring to might catch on.

This made me LOL.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Not that my two cents is worth a whole lot on this matter... and it has irked me in the past, but some people tracking calcium are doing so for a reason. I take a vitamin supplement but I'm also lactose intolerant and have a thyroid condition that causes my calcium absorption to be extremely low. I just gotta get more more more... and more vitamin D as well. I dont track it here because Im more worried about my sodium levels... but my dr does want to keep an eye on calcium levels. Better to be making an attempt an be able to learn from a mistake than to sit on your butt eating tater chips and doing jack squat
  • Girlwithnoname77
    Girlwithnoname77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    This is why my diary is private.

Don't blame you after seeing this post! Wow. I wouldn't him on my support team! Isn't that what this is all about? How dare anyone judge what other people track. My first two weeks I tracked what I was eating normally. That may be a shock to some to see but it helped me see the countless calories in things that I just didn't need.

So, no ... I don't! I look at other people's tracking for inspiration and ideas.
  • Girlwithnoname77
    Options
    I don't judge because I don't want to be judged. I am not here for that. I am here for support and the great tools this site offers for free.

Here, here sister! :D
  • Girlwithnoname77
    Options
    My sister owned a bar and every cleaning person she hired ended up stealing from her, so I started doing it. I have continued to do it every 2 weeks even though she sold it.

The entry in the database for cleaning says that I burn over 1000 calories if I'm there 3 1/2 hours, which seems like a lot. I don't have an HRM so I go by the entry. It's 3 1/2 hrs of really intense cleaning, heavy lifting, and almost the entire time is spent mopping and changing out mop water (lifting a full mop bucket twice every 10min or so), so I'm pretty sure it's a legit calorie count.

So, yeah, some things might seem ridiculous...but ya never know.

I must be tired because I read this as you started stealing from your sister, and continued to steal from her every two weeks. Glad i figured out that you were just cleaning the bar.

LOL! SO DID I! Had to read it a few times, lol.
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I don't judge because I don't want to be judged. I am not here for that. I am here for support and the great tools this site offers for free.

^^This. I look at tracking because it's fun and interesting and I get ideas of new things to do/eat. (hello frozen greek yogurt which I bought but can't quite get myself to try yet)

I can't imagine getting annoyed by someone else's diary. :ohwell:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I think the thing that annoys me is seeing when someone tracks something like calcium. If they are that worried they don't get enough take a vitamin.

O.o and why would this annoy you?

Calcium is important in bone strength, bone density, helps prevent osteoporosis, possibly reduces blood pressure, and many more things. Something that would be a good thing to track if you aren't getting enough since not everyone wants to supplement.

Or maybe they should just trackz teh sodium cuz not the evil water weightz!!

I have only seen one person do it and she took a supplement. She tracked calories, carbs, sodium and calcium. It just annoyed me.
    So you're saying if she was worried about it she should have taken a supplement. Which is exactly what she was doing.
  • Coltz84
    Coltz84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What is the point of tracking you calories burned if it gives them all back to you to eat with. So my diary looks like i NEVER workout, yet do daily somehow, rather its parking at the longest lane at the mall or doing an actual workout on dvd.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    Logging 300 calories' worth of "chewing gum." No, not in the food diary -- under cardio.
    Did you ever think maybe that was code for something?
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Two things I've seen have stood out to me:

Logging 300 calories' worth of "chewing gum." No, not in the food diary -- under cardio.

And wait for it... wait for it... "So-and-so burned 9715 calories doing 2110 minutes of cardio exercises."
    I spent quite a bit of time wondering how they could have worked out for thirty-five hours in a single day, and came to the conclusion that they possess a Time-Turner.

Okay I laughed. The gum had to be a joke. :laugh:

I bet for the 9715cal/2110 min they just added up a few weeks vs. tracking daily....bad way to do it imo, but if it works for them...
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    What is the point of tracking you calories burned if it gives them all back to you to eat with. So my diary looks like i NEVER workout, yet do daily somehow, rather its parking at the longest lane at the mall or doing an actual workout on dvd.
    You're supposed to eat them. That's the point. There are about a million threads explaining why.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

I track calcium because I take medication that can cause serious bone loss. I NEED to make sure I get more than enough calcium in my diet. I do take supplements, but I just ran out and can't afford more, so tracking is important now more than ever.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    My sister owned a bar and every cleaning person she hired ended up stealing from her, so I started doing it. I have continued to do it every 2 weeks even though she sold it.

I must be tired because I read this as you started stealing from your sister, and continued to steal from her every two weeks. Glad i figured out that you were just cleaning the bar.

LOL! I read it as that for a minute too and was like WTF?! Then it became clear... :laugh:
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Well......there was one time where I ate cereal all day long....and I logged.That was legit.

and just a few weeks ago..

I had PB and J sandwiches all day long...and I logged it.. Legit again.

LOL yea, I have those crazy days..and some probably think I am simply just crazy. :laugh:
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    and think its a lie, or a stupid thing to track..........

or am i just being a a**hole

i see some things and it irritates the hell out of me, that someone would track certain things, or you see something, and you can tell it doesnt seem tracked right

I think if something like that irritates you this much you might want to look into a hobby,I hear stamp collecting is very relaxing
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Is this about the pizza? I'm not sorry.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options

And wait for it... wait for it... "So-and-so burned 9715 calories doing 2110 minutes of cardio exercises."
    I spent quite a bit of time wondering how they could have worked out for thirty-five hours in a single day, and came to the conclusion that they possess a Time-Turner.

I bet for the 9715cal/2110 min they just added up a few weeks vs. tracking daily....bad way to do it imo, but if it works for them...

Oh man, I wish it was a joke. When I tentatively suggested that chewing gum wasn't cardiovascular exercise (to which they could have responded that it was a euphemism for, ah, something else, if that was the case), their response was "but chewing gum burns calories, so I can still log it." :huh:

To all of you out there who really want some ripped jaw muscles, though, be aware that an hour of furious chewing burns eleven calories at best, and unless you're REALLY getting into it, your heart probably won't even bother trying to exert itself.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

Oh man, I wish it was a joke. When I tentatively suggested that chewing gum wasn't cardiovascular exercise (to which they could have responded that it was a euphemism for, ah, something else, if that was the case), their response was "but chewing gum burns calories, so I can still log it." :huh:

To all of you out there who really want some ripped jaw muscles, though, be aware that an hour of furious chewing burns eleven calories at best, and unless you're REALLY getting into it, your heart probably won't even bother trying to exert itself.

I don't chew gum any more because I don't want my jaw to bulk up.