Ladies? Ever cut your hair short and regretted it?

Options

Replies

• Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Cut mine really short when I was 42, now back to shoulder length as I approach 54! Husband only told me he hated the short hair when I grew it back long!
    (I started growing it again as I approached 50)
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    yes, so i didnt cut it for 20 years, then i had kids and relized that wile changeing diapers there was a alarming trend of getting poop in it unless it was FIRMLY tide back, and i dint allways have a hair tie, so it gets choped again, about yearly now, up to my shoulders
  • holyguacamole37
    holyguacamole37 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    EVERY time I cut my hair short I regret it. It's never been BOY short, but I've had it as short as chin-length before and the shine has always worn off after about five minutes... I definitely prefer mine long - but some people rock the pixie cuts, so it's just a personal thing!
  • noteve
    noteve Posts: 57
    Options
    I used to have long hair (you can see a bit of it in my avatar). I shaved it off. I haven't regretted it. Some days I think about how nice it would be to have long hair, but I still don't regret the decision. It's hair, it'll grow back!
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My hair has been long since I was a child. I'm almost 55 and it's still to the crack of my bum. I debate whether to cut it all the time. I have almost decided to cut it super short, for the first time in my life, sometime in the coming months. I really love this cut on Ginnifer Goodwin. Maybe I would love it on me too. I know it would be super easy to care for, compared to the hair I have now!
    ginnifer.jpg

I love this cut! I would not look as beautiful but I would love it! I love short hair! The shorter the better.
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I love having short hair, even though I do have a fat face I just seem to rock short hair better than long hair.

The longest I let it get to these days is when it starts going into a Harry Potter/old Bieber style then I have to get it cut because it's annoying!

I usually get a number 3 at the back and sides and short and choppy on top

I sometimes have dreams where instead of freaking out because my hair is falling out, I freak out because my hair is long and there are no tools available to cut it with! I'm odd! :ohwell:
  • xxTAMxx
    xxTAMxx Posts: 614
    Options
    Let's just say that in the 80's *flicks* or *bangs* were in and one hairdressers appt ended up with me sporting a curly haired mullet.:ohwell:
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    My hair was damaged from a failed perm so I cut it off into a long pixie cut. I dont regret it, but I am waiting ANXIOUSLY for it to grow it.

I say go for it. It always grows. And short hair is super cute.
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    I still have my hair quite short at times, the first time I shaved it of it took me awhile to get used to it but got so many compliments....
    your hair looks fab
  • nmullins81
    nmullins81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I always have a weak moment and cut my hair! I always regret it after (I've done it at least 8 times) My hairdresser is smart enough to talk me out of it now, because she knows that I'll hate it in a week.

Absolutely! Bring the pic and talk to your hairdresser about it! I bring mine pix all the time and she tells me yes or no, or even suggests something similar but is better suited for my face.
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    had it cut short years ago, been growing it for 5 years now, its down to the bottom of spine...never go short again...maybe when im older i will. short suits alot of people though, just not me.x
  • Karrix
    Karrix Posts: 288
    Options
    I've had my hair that short twice. First time when I let one of my friends cut my hair. :laugh:

It does grow back, but slowly. :tongue:
  • elycestefani
    Options
    I have had short hair for years - cut it the shortest I have ever had it this year (like Emma Watson's pixie cut). Don't be afraid! Hair grows back. It is fun to change things up :)
  • springermad
    springermad Posts: 242
    Options
    Yes I made the mistake of having long hair and decided I wanted a bob, I had it done and hated it. I cried all the way home and wouldnt go out my front door for about a week and when I eventually went out, I put a scarf round my head and got myself a wig and wore it till my hair grew back lol x
  • areeley
    areeley Posts: 4
    Options
    I've had short, medium and long styles of almost every shade too. I treat my hair as an accessory that I can experiment with every 6 weeks or so. Going from long to short in one cut is a bit intimidating but it can also be liberating. There are a variety of short styles that you can play with too from pixie to bob to whatever you can think of. Just have fun with it!
  • Rissyroo513
    Rissyroo513 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've done it and love it! So much easier to do in the morning and super cute! Hair grows back so don't worry about it
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Oh, Lord. I had "boy short" hair all through high school. You should see my passport picture! I look like a homely French boy. I did like it, though. I look decidedly better with long hair-- I hate to say it. I've always toyed with the idea of doing it again, though, now that I'm a little thinner. I have a big face/head haha
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I cut mine off...not boy short, but pretty close. And for a few years I went from the length to shoulder length. Then out of the blue, DH and sons mentioned how they love my hair long. And some of my boys said that they hated my short cut (it was at my shoulders at that point) So, I decided to grow it back out.

I don't regret cutting it, but I realized I am a long hair girl. I do change the color from time to time, but always come back to blond!!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Totally miss my boy hair. And I think I'd pull it off better now, with my face being thinner.

408072_10150542610268346_630193345_8744234_286328026_n.jpg

12932_188998898345_630193345_2893110_3507312_n.jpg
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Oh, someone said something about maintenance, too. I had to do A LOT of it because I have really curly hair. It was a pain in the you-know-what.