What gets you up out of bed?

Options

Replies

• leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I need help with this! I work out in the afternoon but want to workout in the morning just to have more free time at night. So instead of getting out of bed at 7:30, I need to get out of bed closer to 5:30 or 6. Help!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Every morning my youngest POM-kid LuLu gets me up. Shes gotta go outside to potty... Heee Shes my little alarm clock. Heee
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    My BF has to go to work an hour earlier than me, so I actually wake up when he has to so I can make him a PB&J sammich :heart: to take with him to work every day, and I sit with him on the couch while he gets ready. After he leaves, I usually get ready and get to work early so I can get things done before everyone else gets there, I get overtime, and I get to beat the traffic.... this week I've gone back to sleep after he leaves, though, caught a cold and need the rest, so I said "screw the overtime... zzzz"
  • Spence_
    Spence_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Breakfast? :P
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I need help with this! I work out in the afternoon but want to workout in the morning just to have more free time at night. So instead of getting out of bed at 7:30, I need to get out of bed closer to 5:30 or 6. Help!

Set your alarm for 5am and hit snooze until you can't stand it anymore... you'll probably be up by at least 6am. :) haha.

I am not a morning person and get up in time to shave (sometimes), shower and brush my teeth and hit the door running (dressed of course)!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    My bowels. I usually wake up needing to make a deposit in the porcelain bank.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    My 5 year old screaming for me gets me out of bed. Once she is left for school I start, I would rather exercise in the morning.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    When I have to pee really bad.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    My husband bringing me coffee
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    getting to step on the scale

^^^^This, and my workout...
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    Alarm clock goes off -- cat jumps on bed and begins to walk on me -- husband begins to chant, "Babe. Babe. Babe, get up. BABE!" I hate mornings.
  • jilltaylor86
    jilltaylor86 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My alarm clock or a hungry black kitten that likes to tear things up and make a lot of racket when she thinks I should get up.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My husband saying "We're going to be late for work if you don't get up now" usually gets me out of bed during the week. But I don't workout until after work.

On the weekends, if it's a good weekend, my being done sleeping gets me up. But more often it is my phone. Sometimes I do workout in the morning on the weekends, but I don't set the alarm for it. I just do it whenever I wake up.
  • BrandyCarr
    Options
    That DANG alarm clock!!!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    to silence my alarm, then back to bed to wait for my wife's to go off. then I jump up so I'm not late for work.
  • ConnieB1979
    ConnieB1979 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My dog....My alarm goes off an hour before I have to be up to give me my work out time, however on the occasion that I hit snooze she will sit in the floor and bark till I get up and let her out. Either way, IM NOT SLEEPING IN! lol
  • mwest11
    mwest11 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My husband bringing me coffee

That's super sweet..
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Seagulls,

Two neighbours are fighting(fence wars) and one of them keep sthrowing bread on the others roof when its dark. We live beside the sea. Twenty of thirty gulls fighting over bread make some noise

Wow. Can you lodge noise pollution complaint? That's ridiculous.

If it wasn;t for the fact that they are too old church going ladies it would bother me.

But seeing a seventy odd year old lady, in dressing gown and slippers firing slices of bread on her neighbours roof at 11 at night is quite amazing.

If they keep it up I'll tell them that there seems to be a terrible problem lately with seagulls and we will all have to make sure that we are not leaving anything lying around for them to eat so as not to encourage them. I think they will get the hint
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options

Take a sleep aid pill or Nyquil early in the evening. You'll have no problem getting up early the next day. :P

For me, I know that if I get to work earlier, I can get out earlier, which means I can work out earlier, which means I'll be able to eat at a reasonable hour (either before or after the workout) and will be able to get other things done that evening, and be more pleasant in general, and in a better mood in general, and not have a crappy time falling asleep (Big problem, very irritating) So if I want that day to be it's best I have to get up as early as possible.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Ooh, it's a painful thing, getting up. I have gotten much, much better at it. I think by my mid 30's, I'm just getting okay at mostly getting places on time. The problem is I underestimate how long things take and I don't allow time for things to go wrong (which they usually do if I'm navigating to a new place).

With my new involving driving long distances to unfamiliar places I'm trying hard to leave at least 30 min extra for getting lost/ slow traffic/ stopping for petrol etc. It's working well so far.

Anyhoo, in terms of getting up, I have to get somewhere by a certain time, so I just make myself get up and stumble to the kettle.