What gets you up out of bed?

Options

Replies

• maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    My husband keeps telling me that I may as well not get up out of bed in the morning to exercise, or count my calories, because I am just going to give it up and gain all the weight back. When my alarm goes off at 5 am for me to get up and exercise, on those days that I just want to stay all cozy in bed, I hear him say that. I practically jump out of bed to get downstairs and work out. What does it for you?

Your hubbie sounds a little mean and unsupportive by saying those things to you...

I get up every week day to go to the gym (alarm goes off at 5:15, I'm in the car by 5:20, at the gym and on the floor by 5:45ish). I'm not sure what it is, but as soon as my alarm goes off there usually no if, ands or butts - I hit Stop and get up out of bed. Some things that help me are

- a nice sounding, gradual volume alarm on my iPhone. No nasty, sudden buzzing. Makes waking up pleasant.
    - I drink a lot before bed so when the alarm goes off, my bladder is full and I HAVE to get up to pee
    - my workout clothes are laid out, i grab them on my way to the bathroom to pee. Once these are on there is no going back to bed.
    - gym, work and food bags are packed and sitting by the door. Including a filled waterbottle. Grab 'n go.
    - loud music that I love to listen and sing to in the car.

Honestly I love the gym and my routine every morning. The ultimate motivator is that I do love it so much and am seeing results. I never dread or have to "force" myself to workout every morning. It's a lifestyle for me.

If I have a late night and hit snooze I have a backup alarm at 5:45 and when I see that, I think "oh crap, I'm late!". That gets me up really fast :)
  • kristyjoy16
    Options
    My cat licking my eyelid. She's weird.
  • futurerunner
    futurerunner Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I hate mornings!!! So I joined jazzercise and class starts at 5:45am so if i don't get up I miss class. Plus it really helps me to get up knowing all i have to do is brush my teeth and put my hair in a ponytail instead of getting all ready for work.

If it wasn't for a set time I wouldn't ever get up early.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Small children usually.
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    My addiction to workout at 4:15 every morning :wink:
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    AM Lumber
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My alarm clock is clearly jealous of my amazing relationship with my bed.
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    my mortgage
  • radradradradrad
    radradradradrad Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i have to poop
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I wake up before the alarm goes off. I hate the alarm and my own body clock gets me up about 3-5 minutes before the obnoxious alarm blasts. Plus my wife works late and gets to bed at 2-3 AM so I don't wan the alarm going off if I cna help it. Then I remember my Dad telling me the Lord made the light to live by. I get dressed and get to the gym by 5. Then I think about breakfast, the funnies, and solving the sudoku while I row or cycle or lift or tread.

I am grateful to get up in the morning, and ever more grateful to go to bed that night.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    my reasons vary

*have to pee bad
    * head feels like its going to explode ( i suffer with frequent headaches and have since i was a kid)
    * going somewhere
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    My kids. They come into our room and wake me up, but not to workout. =P
  • alapoint89
    alapoint89 Posts: 632
    Options
    a loud screaming baby and my husband throwing a tantrum walking to her because i dont hear her cry lol
  • murpcm08
    murpcm08 Posts: 8
    Options
    I suck at getting up to run in the morning. My 22 month old has had a constant cough/cold (he's in daycare) the past month so mommy's not sleeping well. Luckily, I can work out at the gym during my lunch and I can eat my lunch at my desk. Saturdays are the worst, though.
  • murpcm08
    murpcm08 Posts: 8
    Options
    My alarm clock is clearly jealous of my amazing relationship with my bed.

This is so true!
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    the alarm clock :grumble:
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    MotorCityFemmeFatale Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Routine, I'm a creature of habit.
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    Realistically? My dogs and my cat and my alarm.

But they do it because I got in the habit of getting up early to write, so I still get up early and now I write and run and do yoga, all in the quiet of morning when everyone else is still asleep and I can enjoy it peacefully before everyone gets active and the day explodes. That's motivation!
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    My puppy :)
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Going to bed early enough to get 8 hours sleep :flowerforyou: