Boob support for large breasted women who run

Options

Replies

• dany_m
    dany_m Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I wear a Panache Sports Bra which is the most comfortable and supportive one I've ever worn.
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    This has been my go-to bra for high intensity athletics. I don't know what bra size I was before I started losing weight but I *thought* was a 44C. After losing a bit of weight I finally got resized professionally and found out I was really a 36DD. OMG. Not on the 36 part - I knew I lost a ton in the back - but the cup size! Anyway - I LOVE the Moving Comfort Fiona bra - http://www.amazon.com/Moving-Comfort-Womens-Fiona-Black/dp/B001AP1Q7U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335477662&sr=8-1

I've never had sore boobies or black eyes from running, jumping, or the like. Keeps 'em snug to the body and it gets GREAT reviews all over the internetz. :) Plus there are pretty colors. :)
  • PineappleMartini
    PineappleMartini Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    lol. I say this once and I'm done.

ENELL Bra *leaves room*

A-frickin-men!!!
  • hlemonick
    hlemonick Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Got to join the chorus for Enell, I'm addicted to it. Is it comfortable, breathable, or attractive? No. Does it work? YES. I bought one when I wore a 34G/H and felt downright flat-chested.

http://i.imgur.com/33ktv.jpg

As you can see, that **** is NOT MESSING AROUND.

(edit: sorry, I'm an idiot who can't post embedded pictures.)
  • brasskim
    brasskim Posts: 39
    Options
    I love my Fiona bras also.
    This has been my go-to bra for high intensity athletics. I don't know what bra size I was before I started losing weight but I *thought* was a 44C. After losing a bit of weight I finally got resized professionally and found out I was really a 36DD. OMG. Not on the 36 part - I knew I lost a ton in the back - but the cup size! Anyway - I LOVE the Moving Comfort Fiona bra - http://www.amazon.com/Moving-Comfort-Womens-Fiona-Black/dp/B001AP1Q7U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335477662&sr=8-1

I've never had sore boobies or black eyes from running, jumping, or the like. Keeps 'em snug to the body and it gets GREAT reviews all over the internetz. :) Plus there are pretty colors. :)
  • jaclyndanette
    Options
    I also wear 2. I've tried a ton of "supportive" ones in the past and just find that 2 is more comfortable.
  • MissLucyDee
    MissLucyDee Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Two words: shock absorber.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I wear a normal bra, and a sports bra. Along with some shirts having built in bras xD
  • sem41278
    sem41278 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I wear 2 sports bras. Its not perfect but better then only 1.
  • islandjacquelin
    Options
    enell all the way - LOVE mine - it made a runner out of me.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I invested in a sports bra frm 'Shock Absorber' - gotta love the name :laugh:
    Totally feel 'strapped'

I have these too. Very cheap on Very.com.... (last one I bought was $35 vs $60 everywhere else)

For the record I am 34H/36G at the moment. I tend to go up a cup in sports bras.
  • jadedone
    Options
    Title Nine Sports has a huge selection of sports bras for the well-endowed. Changed my life.

There is a caveat....you need to be under about an F or maybe a G. So if you are a little bigger...keep on looking. I am an H or HH in sports bras, and I have had no luck there (they have a few stores locally).
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I double up on the ones I have - nothing special but I'm seeking more support so BUMMMMP.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options

^^ That's what I wear. And I love it. After years of doing the 2 sports bra thing, or an old underwire with a sports bra over it, I decided to break down and buy a quality one. I wanted something easy to get in and out of, and also that didn't wrap up over the top of my boobs (so I can wear it with tanks and still show a little cleavage if I want to). And this does the trick. Amazingly well.
  • joauri
    joauri Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    At this point, I wear my regular bra, a sports bra, and a jogging tank that has a built in bra and I still feel embarrassed running down the street.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    34E -- I am going to have to look at some of these online recommendations, I have tried those available at my local mall (like Nike's most intense model) and it is not working. Right now I just wear layers of 2-3 cheap sports bras, which works, but is definitely not ideal (and makes for some quick laundry turn over).
  • jadedone
    Options
    I also have one great Freya sports bra.
  • feb06momma
    feb06momma Posts: 169
    Options
    I run a lot and have varying degrees of jog bras. The ones that aren't as supportive, I augment with another bra. (I wish I could just go out and buy a bunch of them, but the good ones are really expensive. so I am slowly replacing the less supportive ones.)

I find the double bra method works just fine. Good luck!

I do this, too. I did not have the $$ to buy expensive bras, so I bought a 3 pack of cheap ones and I double up and wear two. it works pretty well. I am a 42DD.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    What I do is wear a regular bra with a sports bra over it. But thats because I'm cheap.

I was thinking it and then, BAM, there it was. Thank you for just saying it.
  • carlyholly
    Options
    I bought a whole bunch of cheap spandexy sports bras, and I layer. Two or three seems to do the trick well.