Best protein powder?

Replies

• Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    From the post I'm assuming you are hitting all your other goals far as nutrition but short on protein. You don't need something complicated if that is the case. I'd recommend either Optimum Nutritions 100% whey line or VPX zero carb or something similar. Check reviews for flavor since Optimum has quite a few different ones. If you want to add even more protein mix them with 2% or non fat milk about 4-6 ounces.
    Don't worry so much about how much protein is in something per serving. You can always take multiple scoops. Look more at how many calories actually come from the protein.
    Again, I'm assuming you just need a higher protein intake. If that is the case do not waste money on meal replacement type things, get a simple protein supplement to do what it is supposed to...supplement more protein in your diet.

Had to add this,
    IT IS JUST A PROTEIN SUPPLEMENT. It's not a miracle powder it helps you get more protein.
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Costco's 100% Whey Protein, 140 cal, 27g protein. Tastes awesome (chocolate, I am not a fan of the vanilla)
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 659 Member
    i use myofusion cookies and cream, if you put that in a blender with like, a .75cup of milk, a splash of water and some ice cubes its heaven on your taste buds, then if you add pb2 (or regular peanut butter) it takes just like a reeses cup :D
  • Razkler14
    Razkler14 Posts: 74
    BY FAR:

Stronger Faster Healthier or Progenex

These can NOT be beat!

progenexusa.com

strongerfasterhealthier.com
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    I like both

Isopure Low carb Dutch Chocolate
    Dymatize ISO-100 Gourmet chocolate
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,719 Member
    Thank everyone for the suggestions here. I have been using one and wish to change to one I like better.
  • Raysluj
    Raysluj Posts: 6 Member
    Natures Best Isopure,
    25 grams per scoop,
    110 calories & zero carbs
  • sid1shelb
    sid1shelb Posts: 1 Member
    Try Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Natural Whey Protein. It does not have the sugar and sweetners like other whey protein.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    It doesnt matter how many grams. What matters is how much is absorbed.

So what peer reviewed studies do you have that back this up and what is the comparative absorption rate of Vi products with the other products mentioned? Not propaganda from drinking the Vi cool aid but real objective studies that substantiate what you've said.

(chirp, chirp) (chirp chirp)

So, I'm guessing not. You just come on here with unfounded statements and propaganda that you can't back up.
  • crazedcujo
    crazedcujo Posts: 114 Member
    I had my first Isopure Ready-to-drink Protein drink last night - and I am addicted. It is well worth the extra money!!!! It is totally tastes just like an adult "beverage" if you know what I mean. I got the apple/melon flavor. But I'm going this weekend to try the banana one. Here is a link - but I'm sure you can find them cheaper somewhere else:
    http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=NP-1148
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member

So what peer reviewed studies do you have that back this up and what is the comparative absorption rate of Vi products with the other products mentioned? Not propaganda from drinking the Vi cool aid but real objective studies that substantiate what you've said.

So, I'm guessing not. You just come on here with unfounded statements and propaganda that you can't back up.
    *tumbleweeds* lol
  • tiktacsr
    tiktacsr Posts: 14
    Thanks. Bump
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,719 Member

*tumbleweeds* lol
    So, no answer? I was hoping to find out the difference! :sad:
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member

*tumbleweeds* lol

You'll get one as soon as the Visalus overlords make up the info and communicate the info back down to them for all to spread :)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member

*tumbleweeds* lol

You'll get one as soon as the Visalus overlords make up the info and communicate the info back down to them for all to spread :)

Then it would not be peer reviewed would it!? Sorry for you who were hoping to find out the difference. I can tell you what it is and I think it was fit_canuck that posted the details but the Vi product is light on protein and full of additive junk for which they charge a premium. The whole absorbtion rate stuff is bull. Bottom line is it's an inferior product at a premieum price that only benefits the wallets of those who pawn it off on unsuspecting dupes. That's the facts no matter how much Susie Sunshine says what a wonderful product it is. She's either brainwashed or lying or both.
  • I love GNC's lean shakes. 25 grams of protein and are so yummy!
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    BSN Syntha-6 in Chocolate with 22g of protein without milk. A little pricey, but I got it on sale and it is pretty yummy:)
  • maggiepz
    maggiepz Posts: 141 Member
    LOVE Syntrax Nectar Fuzzy Navel (peach)
  • robynatk
    robynatk Posts: 38
    I myself use Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein...Vanilla is my fav, and if I remember right its 14dollars at Walmart. 140 cal, 1gram sugar and 26g of protein.
  • tripod271
    tripod271 Posts: 112 Member
    This is not a powder but I use New Whey Liquid Protein - the 42 gram of protein size has 0 carbs, 0 fat and is 180 calories and comes in different flavors. It comes in an unbreakable plastic tube weighing 3.8 ounces so it's easy to consume and travels well. I get mine from The Vitamin Shoppe.